Can revoked Maltese permit still gain entry from other member states?

My employer just terminated my Maltese work contract while I am still abroad.

My residence card is valid till October, 2023 Can I still visit other Schengen member states (not for work purpose) if my Maltese work permit is revoked?

Right now I am not in Europe but have a return ticket to Malta late this July. Jobplus just notified me I have 10 days to reply.

I want to know if I can pick another European member state to enter from if it's a problem arriving Malta.

Please help with answer.

@steve4life2008 You should ask JobsPlus why they are revoking your Residence ID? If they do because you have broken the terms of ID given, then you will not be able to use it to gain entrance to any EU State.

@sjan As a TCN if your employment is terminated your work visa becomes void and you have 2 weeks to find alternative employment and apply for new visa. If not successful your residence card becomes invalid and you are liable to be deported if you do not leave of your own accord.

My employer just terminated my Maltese work contract while I am still abroad.
My residence card is valid till October, 2023 Can I still visit other Schengen member states (not for work purpose) if my Maltese work permit is revoked?

Right now I am not in Europe but have a return ticket to Malta late this July. Jobplus just notified me I have 10 days to reply.

I want to know if I can pick another European member state to enter from if it's a problem arriving Malta.

Please help with answer.
-@steve4life2008

What counts mainly is your residence card. You can travel to Malta and from Malta to other EU countries is long as your residence card is valid. You always need a return ticket to Malta because that is the place of your residence within the Schengen states.

@hanselmar5 Unfortunately the expiry date printed on a residence card will no longer be valid if employment is terminated, as a single permit card is directly linked to that particular employment.

Employers are also required to notify Jobsplus of any termination of employment of any workers by completing a termination form which shall then be acknowledged by Jobsplus within 15 working days, at this point the residence card will be invalid (irrespective of the date printed on the card).

A TCN then has a 10 day grace period to find another job, or leave Malta. It is not recommended to attempt to enter another EU member state with an invalid Maltese residence card, the border control in that country will be able to check with the Maltese authorities on the validity of the card.

@Evreham

I think this TCN is aware of his status because he mentioned the 10 days grace period. Therefore he should know he cannot travel with an invalid residence card anymore.

@hanselmar5  Yes, you are right, I think he is aware.

He mentioned

"My residence card is valid till October, 2023 Can I still visit other Schengen member states (not for work purpose) if my Maltese work permit is revoked?"

The residence card is not valid if the work permit is revoked. Both are linked together, the residence permit is linked with that employment, that is why this type of application for a residence card is referred to as a "Single Permit" and the name of the employer is printed on the card.