Can I leave Malta whilst I am waiting for my residency decision?

Dear all,

Would value your help with this... I have applied for residency and have the blue paper receipt that authorises my stay in the interim. Does this mean I can leave and return to Malta? Or do I need to wait until I have the full decision?

I've looked and cannot find an answer easily. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Tom

Welcome to the Forum, it probably says not valid for renentry into Malta, when did you apply for the new card?

Tom K49 wrote:

Dear all,

Would value your help with this... I have applied for residency and have the blue paper receipt that authorises my stay in the interim. Does this mean I can leave and return to Malta? Or do I need to wait until I have the full decision?

I've looked and cannot find an answer easily. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Tom

If you are still here on the islands and your blue receipt is printed with 'NOT VALID FOR RE ENTRY TO MALTA' you would need to visit the office and ask them to remove that statement or reprint without it.
If not when you return, your passport will be stamped which can then create it's own problems on re entering at a later date as you will be treated as a visitor not a resident.

Hey, thank you for the replies...

The blue paper receipt doesn't mention reentry at all.

It says "In the interim this document is authorising your stay in Malta".

The date of application was 15th June. This is my first application and it is under the agreement on the withdrawal of UK from EU.

So it's pretty ambiguous. I guess I'll need to ask the Gov Department for a definitive answer?

Tom

Friends who applied in October have only just got their cards.