Non Payment of Salaries by the company

I am seeking advice or guidance from anyone in this forum who has experience in a similar situation. The issue concerns my relative, who arrived in Kuwait as a food delivery bike rider in April 2023. As per his contract, the company was obligated to provide food, accommodation, and a return air ticket after two years of service. Upon their arrival in Kuwait, the company assisted them in obtaining a bike riding license and a residency permit. There are 17 others in the same situation as him. The company has rented a two-bedroom flat for their shared accommodation. For the initial one and a half months, the company supplied them with adequate groceries. However, after this period, the company ceased to provide sufficient grocery items or money for their food."

However, the company did not pay any salaries for the first four months. Subsequently, they were employed as delivery riders for various companies, and each of them has worked for nearly two months. Unfortunately, the company has yet to pay any of their salaries, and every time they inquire about it, they are told 'Inshallah we will pay you” Moreover, each of them was charged approximately KD 500 by an individual who presented themselves as a company representative.

I am now seeking advice on the available options for them to get rid of this situation. Is it advisable to file a complaint with the Public Authority of Manpower? If so, should they engage a lawyer for this process? They are hesitant to return to their home country until they can recoup at least the Job money they have paid. Your insights and experiences on similar labor law matters would be greatly appreciated."