WHAT NATIONALITY HAS TO DO WITH FRIENDSHIP?!!!!

i was reading some of the topics over here and i noticed that whereever any body i sasking for friendship or any kind of connection with any other person, the first question is to be asked from the other party is '' where are you from''?!!!

so, i said to my self is it essential to say that i am from Cuba or south of Africa?!

what nationality has to do with person activities and features?

i couldn't find any link in between.

may any body explaine to me or show me what's going on?

hope that no body will ask from where i am!!  ;)

No one will ask you, all they have to do is go to your profile and they can see your Kuwaiti :P

but i am not!!!

that's why i am asking, if i write Kuwait does that mean i am kuwaiti!!  so what if i write Ivero Coast?  ;)

we have to evaluate and treat ppl by their personality & their ethics!  don't you agree?

by the way where are you from?  loooooooooooooooool..   ;)

but you didn't write kuwait .. in your profile you wrote

I am Kuwaitian

and there is different .. any way ppl here asking just for knowing  one another better and to share culture .. don't take it personality :)

so .. you can tell ppl here more about you .. you might be friends ;)

wait a minute dude!! @ holdcardsdown

this is the first time i come to know that i am speaking Dutch language  hahahaha:P

anyhow, ma topic wasn't regarding what type and what kind of languages we speake but regarding who are we?! and what's our personality looks like?

thank you 4 te try dude  :)

i pray 2 God that you got what i mean to say above  :(

ciao.

I edited my post before you made your post….

 Congratulation! It sounds like you have invented a flying car or something tremendous ;)    Anyhow! I think there's lack of communication over here as long we speak dissimilar languages or as you said accent!! 

Notice I took out the part about what you look like or the accent….

 and really I am interesting to know how you came to know about my accent while we haven't had any type of vocal communication yet!!!!
 WooooW you really amazed me dear  ;)

language you were using because I realized that you were talking about the forums and not ….
 People real life interactions coming only by having conversation, questions and that's what all about!

Regardless, my point still stands. It's not a "try," as you put it….
 never mind my dear, everybody has his own point of view.

don't you agree?!!

Ciao.

You still think we have different points of views even though I didn't saying shit

Ok dear I am sorry, I didn't think for a minute that this conversation is gona have some horrific and very low words!!

As I can see here that we have a huge division not only in point of views regarding some topics, but in environment back ground too!!!

in conclusion, I can quote from: Jhon Jack Russo when he said:

[large]‘'Dog parks are a great way to give dogs a little exercise and meet other people.
But it's important to have someone watching the dogs so if there's an aggressive dog they can kick them out.”
[/large]

Ciao..

I think that the difference between where you are from and what country do you live in is huge!! for instance if I say that I am from Kuwait , the first thing that comes to people's heaqd is money and oil!!! but If I say am from Africa, they say "ohh really?? aha  ok...."..But again curiosity is a good thing but up to a certain level,you can ask a person where is he/she from but your intention needs to be good...Plus if you are here just to look for friends,I suggest you share all theinformation thatg you can share on your profile,in a way you will be avoiding stupid and silly questions.Cheers and sorr for the long speech!

I think that the difference between where you are from and what country do you live in is huge!!

that's why dear there's an option when you register to this site asking ya from where you are and? and if you are Expatriate or not yet?!!!  everything is mentioned there in your answer i.e.. if your answer that you are from kuwait and you are currently living in kuwait does that mean that your country is Cambodia!!!!

come on guys!  i really don't understand how some people mentality works  daaah!! 

for instance if I say that I am from Kuwait , the first thing that comes to people's heaqd is [i]money[/i] and oil!!!
but If I say am from Africa, they say "ohh really?? aha  ok...."..But again curiosity is a good thing but up to a certain level,you can ask a person where is he/she from

Excuse me dear, this is what you think and not the majority of people, as you listed above!! you are talking about communnity,environment,history and identity but not about Countries worldwide Economic evolution!!

but your intention needs to be good...Plus if you are here just to look for friends,I suggest you share all theinformation thatg you can share on your profile,in a way you will be avoiding stupid and silly questions.

all what i can say to you dear is  '' Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason ''  ;)

Cheers and sorr for the long speech!

no harm sweetie as long you can express your feelings in any way..  ;)

Ciao...

holdcardsdown wrote:

Stop trolling.

when you stop Polling sweetie!   

Ciao

:P

guys!!! what's wrong with you ?? are you fight ?

anyway

i agree with this point :

This is expat-blog. People ask where you're from because people here are from all around the world and are curious.

it's not that .. if you where from this nationality or that .. then i'll treat you in differently !!!... by the way when i go somewhere i try to find out the ppl who share the same interrests with me ... it's happen when you find your self in different or new place and alone maybe .. so you don't want to crash with strange culture or attitude that harms others

that's all about sweetheart

ciao:)

There's nothing wrong with asking other people about their nationality, it doesn't happen that often to me because most people assume that I'm Kuwaiti (I'm not )
Anyways, I always feel more than happy to correct their assumption.
Ps: care 4 u :are you curious where I'm from (it's only natural)loll

hi u should make friendship with a Pakistani naitional

Blackchick wrote:

There's nothing wrong with asking other people about their nationality, it doesn't happen that often to me because most people assume that I'm Kuwaiti (I'm not )
Anyways, I always feel more than happy to correct their assumption.
Ps: care 4 u :are you curious where I'm from (it's only natural)loll

:):)  hey sweetie!

i agree of all what you stated, but i do believe that i can figure out from which nationality you are if i start speakin with ya!!...  accent,language and finally context...  this might happened only if i am talkin to u face 2 face..  but if i am readin your profile then it depends on what type of nationality you would pick up 4 yourself! therefore everybody can know that you are Kuwaiti,Nigerian or... so on  :)

nice 2 meet ya Blacky.

Ciao.

mahmadgondal wrote:

hi u should make friendship with a Pakistani naitional

Ohhhhh my god!!...

there's no use at all....    :/

choco-muchacha wrote:

guys!!! what's wrong with you ?? are you fight ?

no never dear  :)

i would use the word misunderstandin better  ;)

anyway

i agree with this point :

This is expat-blog. People ask where you're from because people here are from all around the world and are curious.

i respect this point of view,
Because we are human and as long as we have different ‘'colors, habits and natures'' ,we do have different  ideologies 2  and characteristics in which our thoughts & principles are sculptured ..

All what I can say (Probably no greater honor can come to any man than the respect of his colleagues   :)

Plz, if anybody is feelin that I have distressed him/her in anyway kindly accept my apology.

Ciao..

it's not that .. if you where from this nationality or that .. then i'll treat you in differently !!!... by the way when i go somewhere i try to find out the ppl who share the same interrests with me ... it's happen when you find your self in different or new place and alone maybe .. so you don't want to crash with strange culture or attitude that harms others

that's all about sweetheart

ciao:)

@@

Plz, if anybody is feelin that I have distressed him/her in anyway kindly accept my apology

at all >>>for me :)

" so you don't want to crash with strange culture or attitude that harms others  "

This is the real reson of asking 'where are you from ' ....
To avoide the CRASH ..... Nothing else is there. People are having diffrent approach in meeting . I know one thing that, most of them will try to give their best performance in a first meeting .... May be this question will help them to prepare more.

Thank you 4 your comment.

Ciao.

choco-muchacha wrote:

@@

Plz, if anybody is feelin that I have distressed him/her in anyway kindly accept my apology

at all >>>for me :)

:)                                                            .

well, answering your first post and, i must to say that i usually dont ask for the nationality of nobody, that is not something important for me, maybe because im spanish and in the place i live we are acostumed to live whit people from all nationalities, i lived in marbella, and maybe because im acostumed to be long time in diferents countries, but honestly, as i can see here in kuwait, for kuwaiti people nationality is something very importan, they are not same whit people from europe or from usa than whit people from philipines, indonesia, india, bangladesh... then answering to your first post all depend of each person, and you can know the grade of culture and education have that person went the your nationality is something important for him or her.

kamikaze wrote:

well, answering your first post and, i must to say that i usually dont ask for the nationality of nobody, that is not something important for me, maybe because im spanish and in the place i live we are acostumed to live whit people from all nationalities, i lived in marbella, and maybe because im acostumed to be long time in diferents countries, but honestly, as i can see here in kuwait, for kuwaiti people nationality is something very importan, they are not same whit people from europe or from usa than whit people from philipines, indonesia, india, bangladesh... then answering to your first post all depend of each person, and you can know the grade of culture and education have that person went the your nationality is something important for him or her.

sorry man,but really i didn't get what d u wana explain at this point!!!

greeting for the day guys

hope all my expat friends are fine

guys ,,,,,,what is this ?

the question which care 4 me put is just a question ,a normal question which is asked by everyone,,,,,,,,,dnt be so curious about that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you like to share your culture,from where you are ,its good na,,,,,,,so people can know ,who you are,see ,sometimes,people think if we say we are from India,or uganda or africa,they will think ,,,,,,,,,,people from there are differant,no one is differant ,god made all of us in the same way,our blood is in same color,the RED ,nothing is differant,only in languages,in culture,but when people from differant parts of the world get together,there is opportunity to meet and get to know their cultures,about them,their life style,and please dont prejudice them,when they are saying they are from so and so countries.......

Where are you from ?

Sometimes we can ,consider this as a simple question,and if we like to Know their whereabouts ,,,,,on the other hand,,,,this question is asked ,sometimes when we are so anxious about a person ,and about their culture,and mostly these questions asked to know about the person personally,,,,,,,,so i think ,dont argue more about this ,,,its our freedom to ask someone ,where are you from ?

Care for me " to some extent the point is right,sometimes when we ask the same question ,and all the datas about us is on the profile,no need to ask again n again ,,,,,,and language is not a barier in friendship,i think now a days ,almost all people know good english to communicate,and lets be friends through the expats,keep this site from all wicked things,,,,,,

i will sayyyyyyyy

Enjoy life,be with friends,make good friends,observe others

cheers

myth

MYTHBUSTER wrote:

greeting for the day guys

hope all my expat friends are fine

guys ,,,,,,what is this ?

the question which care 4 me put is just a question ,a normal question which is asked by everyone,,,,,,,,,dnt be so curious about that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you like to share your culture,from where you are ,its good na,,,,,,,so people can know ,who you are,see ,sometimes,people think if we say we are from India,or uganda or africa,they will think ,,,,,,,,,,people from there are differant,no one is differant ,god made all of us in the same way,our blood is in same color,the RED ,nothing is differant,only in languages,in culture,but when people from differant parts of the world get together,there is opportunity to meet and get to know their cultures,about them,their life style,and please dont prejudice them,when they are saying they are from so and so countries.......

Where are you from ?

Sometimes we can ,consider this as a simple question,and if we like to Know their whereabouts ,,,,,on the other hand,,,,this question is asked ,sometimes when we are so anxious about a person ,and about their culture,and mostly these questions asked to know about the person personally,,,,,,,,so i think ,dont argue more about this ,,,its our freedom to ask someone ,where are you from ?

Care for me " to some extent the point is right,sometimes when we ask the same question ,and all the datas about us is on the profile,no need to ask again n again ,,,,,,and language is not a barier in friendship,i think now a days ,almost all people know good english to communicate,and lets be friends through the expats,keep this site from all wicked things,,,,,,

@MYTH,

bingo!!  this is what i was tryin 2 say 2 everybody who's involved in this discussion....  i am from Israel.... it's a country name as far as i Hear 4ROM TV and News  ;)

it's not important 2 mention my country name as long as i am talkin about literature,arts,songs,human nature, people principles and so on....

the only topic in which i have to mention my country name is politics!!! then only i can say   mmm,,,... ok i am from and we are around.. and we have... i belong 2 Liberal party...and..... and .....

God bless ya dude!  ;)

keep goin... 

Ciao.....

i will sayyyyyyyy

Enjoy life,be with friends,make good friends,observe others

cheers

myth

sometimes asking..'where you from" is to start a conversation. and then from there the converstaion will take up for about an hour.but if you ask this question then you should be nice for whatever answer you may here.dont be mean if you dont like the answer you heard.some people here are racist..well white americand were readted well..asians treadted so bad.you dont know that its the nationality..its the context of a topic or knowledge he can share with you.its doesnt mean that you came from north america you knew more than one came from asia...well to make this short i dont like a person who will ask what is your nationality before trying to make conversation to you.

Hello Malenn, welcome to Expat.com! :)
It would however be nice for the other members of the forum to hear a bit more about you :) such as what brought you to Kuwait? do you have hobbies? do you like sport? how you occupy your free-time?
Thanks for sharing :)
Arlette

hi malenn!

Welcome onboard.

Ciao..

assalam alikum

Different people have different tastes and temperaments and hence make different types of friends. They tend to bond with some and stay away from some. It is rightly said that "A friend to all is a friend to none". We tend to meet new people day in day out but out of those numerous people, we tend to be friends with only those who share some similar traits or attitudes. With time and growing trust, some people get really close to each other and remain true friends. They stand up for each other in times of need and provide full support when you lose confidence in yourself.

However, every friend is not the same type. We have different equations with different friends in accordance with the temperament of individuals. Some friends are patient and helpful while some friends are cheerful and caring. Our related sections provide information on these types of friendship and different kinds of friends. You can read and explore your different kinds of friends on the basis of this categorization. This will also help you improve your relation with some individual. Read on to explore more about the type of friendship you share with different types of individuals in your circle.

by yours best regard

basha km

thanx 4 your comments bro...

Ciao...

i wont sift thru the comments but i must say, i agree with your initial analysis!

what does nationality have to do with frienship? being in kuwait, a transient country, we are all here from different countries, backgrounds etc. but we assimilate to the rule around us, none are 100% this-or-that, unless ofcourse you're aryan!

we are all children of the world now, look @ me, i went to british schools all my life, yet my english professor @ uni criticised me for speaking with an american accent!

i blame hollywood..

what brought me here in kuwait? work..and hobbies? i love playong badminton but i dont have someone to play with here in kuwait..so instead of playing badminton i run 45mins a day to make my body fit. i am busy with my work and dont have enough time to go out and do some activities...and another thing lol i am afraid going out..thats it.im here in kuwait for 1 year and 4 months.so i know its not enough time to see the real beauty of kuwait...and i still have 8 months to stay here so i just hope before i left kuwait i will have a good memories to keep.

i loved playing badminton in highschool! if u know a place where u go to play, i have no problem doing that.

i remember at first it was initially difficult to hit the shuttlecock across to the other side, but then it got much easier.

i must say, badminton is more relaxing than tennis and squash, and ur less likely to injury ur elbow/ wrist :)

After reading the posts on here i think you've answered your original question....

People ask where you are from because they know where its going to lead.... yes I know very stereotypical but hey "if the cap fits, wear it!"

tomorrow we will play badminton...after we do jogging...its at the back of mcdo fintas where there is a park..a place to play..

if only i wasnt travelling on saturday :/

hey i just want to share something nice..i met some french here in kuwait and we started going out..im too much facinated by their culture..they are all sweet in nature..i just need some adjustment.coz sometimes were having misunderstanding because of language barrier..but they are nice and hopefully the friendship will last forever...lol.nationality will not be a hindrance to make friends...its the personality that counts..

malenn wrote:

hey i just want to share something nice..i met some french here in kuwait and we started going out..im too much facinated by their culture..they are all sweet in nature..i just need some adjustment.coz sometimes were having misunderstanding because of language barrier..but they are nice and hopefully the friendship will last forever...lol.nationality will not be a hindrance to make friends...its the personality that counts..

dear malenn

u r 110% right dear  :)

thank ya 4 your gr8 comment.

Ciao...

well my friend ... the matter of fact is that its essential to come to know wuts ur origin though it has nothin 2 do with friendship... friendship should b ragardless of race n age n colour r wut ever......

care for me wrote:
malenn wrote:

dear malenn

u r 110% right dear  :)

thank ya 4 your gr8 comment.

Ciao...

thanks you so much also....

i agree with you...