Buying a house in Ghana

Hi everyone.  I want to buy a house in Ghana.  I live in the UK and my wife is coming this year to join me. She is a Gabonese citizen but lived in Ghana for over 10 years. We want to move to Ghana in 10 years time. We want to ask for a mortgage in Ghana to buy a house. Can someone tell me if there is banks in Ghana that lend money for a mortgage to foreign people and which banks that would be great.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks everyone

@Ivandro1 yes i do know of know of one. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Please do not use the forum to promote your own services
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Please do not use the forum to promote your services
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

Please note that professional should not use the forum to promote their "commercial" services. Please share information that could be useful to the member.

All the best

Bhavna

Since you wrote that you want to move to Ghana in 10 years from now, my advice would be to buy a plot of land and have your house being built on it, provided you have a trustworthy person to oversee the building of your house.

I'm pretty sure that the amount of money you will have to spend on having your house being built in this way is substantiality less than the amount of money you would have to spend when buying an existing house and paying the mortgage fee over it for the coming 10 years (and maybe/likely for many years afterwards).

But again: You will need a trustworthy person to oversee the building of your house (I heard many stories of Ghanaians living abroad who trusted their family in taking care of building a house with the money they sent, only to found out that most/all of that money was used/waisted on other things than building the house).

Besides this, my guess is that it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to arrange for a mortgage in Ghana when both of you are not Ghanaian nationals, and neither of you are currently officially living in Ghana, unless you own trustworthy (almost) debt free property to act as security for such a mortgage.

@Robert Gr. Thank you very much for your advice.

Hello

"Reliability

At the end of the day, business is all about trust. And we believe this is the most critical value if you want to succeed in Africa. We take pride in our outstanding returning rate which proves our customer satisfaction. Give it a try and make your own opinion"

https://web.archive.org/web/20201124121 … /en/about/

"Setting up in Africa can be complex and time-consuming if you don't work with a reliable partner. ABC Expat provides hands-on knowledge and a solid understanding of performance: their support is a great safety net for your business on the continent."

https://www.abcexpat.com/en

Regards

Seb