Property prices in Ghana

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Ghana is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Ghana?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

The hotel and property prices in Accra, outskirts of Accra, Tema are indeed very expensive. This has prompted me to buy property in Tema as well as 2nd house in  Spintex Road.  Desirable areas, depends on you, age group, work place etc as I am sure everyone knows the traffic jams in Accra, Spintex Road and Tema. .  No doubt most newcomers with good package will want to live in Accra, such as
Cantonments, Airport Residential Area, Legon etc but most of these places command a very high rent. 
I chose to buy a property in EMEF Estate in Com. 14 in Tema some 14 years ago and have a property in Spintex Road currently rented out. It was affordable in 14 years ago but no more.  Two bedroom rented flat in Legon will be in the region of $2,000 pcm  minimum plus service charge whereas a 3 bedroom house with servant quarter in Spintex Road will be around $1,300.00 pcm and no service charge. 2 Bed room new modern apartment in Oyarifa will have a much lower rent $1,000 pcm plus a moderate service charge.  Both apartments in Accra and outskirts are Accra will have 24 hours security and inside a gated community which is a must for a foreigner.  Hope that this is helpful.. Cheers..

What is pcm...please not everyone lives in Ghana. Please be specific enough to be helpful. Thanks

Hi Robcentral > this is an old topic. Hope you will get replies or you can start a new thread on the forum.. Good luck

Cantonments, Labone, Ridge and Airport Residential are popular areas in Accra. There is a lot of development taking place and I think at the moment it is a renters market and it is possible to do a deal with the landlord. A renter still needs to pay at least 6 months up front.
Buying is possible but buyer beware to make sure you get all the necessary paperwork and do due diligence.

pcm  is per calendar month