Relocation to Ghana

I am a single 70 year old man and am seeking one last adventure in my life. I have been communicating with a local lass recently and wish to come out to Accra and visit, and if everything works out retire there. I am Scottish, ex British Forces and Telecommunications Engineer retired. I have Googled Ghana and it looks like my pension would go much further there than in the Uk. And I have had enough of the UK but will be leaving family behind so will be commuting occasionally for visits etc. Any advice, help, contacts in or around Accra would be greatly appreciated. I look to make friend amongst the ex pat community and look forward to my trip for a Recce. Thanks for accepting me here. Jimmy 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

@Jsmart06

Hello Jimmy,Am Eric Faith a Ghanaian Born and lives in Ghana Accra.

It's would b a Nice time having you in Ghana.I would be Available ,should you need more information or anything.

[link under review] or whatsapp 0246707253

Thanks

@Jsmart06

Hello Jimmy,Am Eric Faith a Ghanaian Born and lives in Ghana Accra.

It's would b a Nice time having you in Ghana.I would be Available ,should you need more information or anything.

Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Jimmy, I relocated to Ghana from the UK with my Ghanaian husband 13 years ago and I'm very happy living here. I have been made welcome by both family and friends although I've visited regularly since 1994 and got to know the place well.

Your UK pension will go much further here and it can be easily paid directly in a local bank.

I've never had any problems but I do hear stories about ex pats being exploited. In a country where it is hard to make a living, anybody coming from abroad is seen to be wealthy. Just be careful who you make friends with and don't make any rash decisions regarding money.

Feel free to get in touch (is it possible via this site...I'm not sure?). I don't live in Accra (too big, too dirty, too much traffic for me!) but I do visit once per month and would be happy to supply information if it would help. Enjoy your visit. The weather is warm and so are the people! Good luck.

@Jsmart06

I'm Andrews, i am living in Accra, Ghana i can be of assistance to give you necessary information about Ghana .