Mounjaro purchase

Can you buy mounjaro/aka zepbound or tirzepatide in CR. Will be in Jaco.

Thanks!!

Im just guessing but im gonna say no, being it with you. its only FDA approved, who knows when itll reach central america

Is the approval of any drug by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration a condition of its being allowed to be imported to Costa Rica? I think not.

There are some products that are FDA-approved and which are not available in Costa Rica and others that are not FDA-approved but nevertheless are available here.

I think the controlling factor is whether or not someone in the medication importing business decides to import something or not. If that importer wishes to import a specific product, then they must get an import permit. And if, later on, they fail to renew that import permit, then that product will disappear from the retail market.

The most reliable source of information would be to Google "farmacias in Jaco, Costa Rica" and email them to see if they routinely carry what you need.

@daveandmarcia

you mis understand my point being that its only approved here and in whatever European countries that are able to get it. no costa rican is going to pay 1000$ for a weight loss drug. there are many other diabetes 2 medications available in costa rica. Dieting is not part of the culture. Its not just about the drug companies making more money bc costa rica is a waste of their time

The question remains. is there a well known pharmacy with an online presence that can verify?