Relocation to Grenada Considerations

I'm in the process of preparing to relocate from the U.S. to Grenada this spring, following a short visit next month. My father was born in the West Indies and I'd desire to return to my roots.

I won't be looking for any work while living in Grenada, but rather look for opportunities to connect to the community and contribute.

At this stage I'm looking into the following items for my planning. Any assistance from this group would be very welcome and appreciated.

•    Local post office box to receive mail and packages

•    Recommended shippers of boxes or barrels

•    Internet service providers

•    Visa extension (one year at least)

•    Permanent resident and citizen application steps

•    Photography clubs

•    Possible administrative, logistical obstacles or pitfalls

Warm regards,

Daryl

Daryl - lots of good questions here, and I could spend a lot of time writing answers, but I think a phone call would work better.  I've lived in Grenada full-time for 10 years, originally from the US. Let's schedule a time to talk so I am available and in a quiet place to speak. In general, any day after 12:00 until 6:30 pm.  If you are in the US, you can call me for free on Skype. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Candi,

Thank you so much for responding to my post. I have many more questions so I put together a map of all the relevant disparate sources of information that I found on the Internet. And I would like to share a visual of the mind map with you.

It's very kind of you to offer to speak with me, and I'd be happy to ring you up on Skype.  FYI, I will be arriving in Grenada this Friday for a 3 day visit. However, I will be leaving the U.S. on Wednesday for Barbados. During this time in Grenada I'd like to scope out the apartment arrangements.

I hope the visual of my information sources will help guide our discussion. Will you be available tomorrow sometime that is convenient for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Daryl

@darylct

Sometime tomorrow would be fine.  I'd also be open to meeting with you while you are in Grenada.  I have a car and can meet you.  My local number is ****1 (mobile and WhatsApp)

Reason : Contact details

@darylct

Also, if you want to send me your mind map prior to the call, I could review it before our meeting.  my email address is ***

Reason : Contact details

@darylct

You might want to read an article about why we chose Grenada.  There are some useful informational links at the end of the article.

https://www.transitionsabroad.com/livin … uide.shtml

The link was very useful, full of good information that I've added to the mind map. Actually, it helps confirm my impressions and decisions about Grenada.

I did notice that Michael is a professional photographer! I've had a life long passion for photography, and it's my main "hobby" now. Here are a couple of links where I've uploaded some images; I don't have a formal site, however. 

https://darylct.wixsite.com/bois

https://alphauniverse.com/member/#/justahobbyist

There is so much information about your background. Well, here's some background on me.

fit50beyond.com

project-sciences.net/index.htm

Daryl

Hello everyone,

Please note that contact details (phone numbers/emails) should be shared in private by clicking the username of a member > send a message.

Thank you

Bhavna

@CandiLicence

Thanks for sharing we me your private contact. Am glad to know more about your full 10 years experiences living in that beautiful country.