Expat Residency in French Polynesia

My wife and I are retired in France and considering moving to Tahiti.  So far we have found the cost living and real estate prices are within our budget.  Our main question/concern are the conditions for long term residency in French Polynesia.  My wife is a French national and I am American with French Residency card, domicile in France and I file tax returns in France and the US.  Do I need to anything more administratively in French Polynesia to become a permanent resident in Tahiti?

@dvschafer

The requirement for residency in Tahiti that stops most people, is that they must show that they can support themselves without working here or being a burden on society, by having adequate funds. Things here are very expensive, much more so than in Europe or USA. I retired here in Papeari, Tahiti after I sold my medical device business in USA. I wish you the best of luck.

Ia Orana,

Steve (Manarii Tane, my Tahitian name given to me by my Maohi family)

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board @dvschafter.

Please note that I have added the above reply to your post on the French Polynesia forum.

@Steve, thank you for the valuable infos.

All the best

Bhavna

I can afford to support myself with my teachers pension  my issue is learning enough french to pass the French 2 exam to get my french nationality  My father was born in tahiti and I have land in moorea and want to build a house there 

Kathy Sarah Teioatua Orimai POROI-RICHMOND