How to make friends in French Polynesia

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in French Polynesia :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in French Polynesia??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Salut tous les entousiastes de la Polinesie Francaise.
Je cherche des contactes avec les gens qui y vivent.
Salutations
Arek

do friends. very good question. i live here and im going to try to reply you shortly. really ive not a lot of friends here and im living here 9 years. is true that i have my woman and my bb and i dont need a lot the friendly. and you will ask for yourself. why? easy and the true. a lot of problems with the people of here. as i speak in another post .. a lot of alcoholism in the local people .. also the problem of racism to whites .. of course it dont means all people is no good .. here the best is do your life in your house .. the customs are different and the language also.  true is that the girls specially the 18-22 young girsl are wonderfull and gentil .. but be aware with their families .. they are awaiting the white boyfriend ob brother in law sometimes for given them to eat .. the more multiracial is papeete and nears where there are a lot french, chinois and mixed people .. the best way for making friends is chat.nrj.fr or the small ads in the local newspapers. dont go to the discoteques in ppt because are super expensive and expensive in problems .. outside there are the 50 to 200 thiefs awaiting the drunk whites .. in resume sometimes is better for you and for them (the locals) have not a lot of relationship .. so you avoid problems and they also. if you need more information or help you can contact directly to our association specialized in installing foreign people in french polynesia: 00.689.319095 / 00.689.812686 / asofenua@asiamail.com / assofenua.orgfree.com

hi,
Can you please tell me more about the life there?  Can you get a job or about the housing? 
I am still trying to get the participative guide to French Polynesia but I can't.  The info from the assofenua.orgfree.com seems does not responds to my concerns.

Please, Please help me!

thank you

Hi,

You must know that life in French polynesia is really expensive (food, taxi, housing)

Regarding the job, it depends in what field you work. But you must know that in Tahiti, if you want to have good perks, good job position, it's (really easier) when you have contacts, because it is the way it works out there, due to the restrained number of people.

Corruption is also a very important part of the culture.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate

When you say "Corruption is also a very important part of the culture" when would one be expected to bribe, and how could one do it politely? http://www.smiley-faces.info/img/z/P.gif

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in French Polynesia.

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in French Polynesia??

you go out and go clubbing this is the simplest of ways you Sino addresses of people on the street or on the beach. Everyone is very courtoie with foreigners.