Need an import agent

Greetings from sunny south africa, i am planning on relocating to mauritius in mid 2025 with my family. My first order of business is to start up my mushroom farm there. My mushrooms need a hardwood substrate to grow on and you cant get that on the island. I have a supplier in the uk that can ship my substrate to mauritius but there is a lot of regulations and paperwork involved and i need a person or company that can assist me with importation and customs. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Marcell

Have you tried horse manure?

I knew a guy who grew mushrooms in that. The crops were stunning.

If a local supply is available, give it a try.

Thanks for the reply fred, i might give button mushrooms at try at a later stage so the manure isn't out of the question. The species i do needs a hardwood subtrate to grow on eg shavings, sawdust, logs etc.

Hello mdk555,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

You might want to consider exploring our Mauritius business directory to find the right agency to help you with that.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Thank you for the reply cheryl, i'll have a look.

Thanks for the reply fred, i might give button mushrooms at try at a later stage so the manure isn't out of the question. The species i do needs a hardwood subtrate to grow on eg shavings, sawdust, logs etc.

-@mdk555

Try to contact FAREI:

https://english.lematinal.media/innovat … tal-basis/