Pet travel from UK to Mauritius

Hi all,

I would like to inform and get some feedback from people who has experience with bringing a dog from the UK to Mauritius.

We are planning to relocate to Mauritius by the end of this year and we have a Belgium Malinois.

It is not easy to get direct information from the airlines.

Hopefully there are members in this group with experience what the best way is and how to organise it.

We know when in Mauritius the dog needs to go in quarantine for 5 days.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

Hello and welcome.

I had looked into this a couple of years ago, but regulations change. Make sure your dog has had all the vaccines required, and I think the rabies vaccine may need some blood tests done afterwards, so it takes time. There are regulations about importing animals into the island. The government website will give you the current requirements.

Your vet may also have the right advice.

Contact a pet courier far in advance. They will give you the best advice. You might want to travel with your pet or maybe a day earlier to make sure you are there at the airport at the right time. I trust BA with flights but it is a long flight.  A good pet courier will also have contacts in Mauritius and they will advise you regarding the quarantine kennels and prices etc. I am sure I saw a couple of names mentioned here -- have a search on this forum.

Best of luck, and keep posting here about your experience.