Room mate in Val or Santiago for three months?

I'm a retired professional pilot living in beautiful Alaska. I'm coming to Chile about 15 January to look for a winter homesite. I plan on living at this homesite every year from October to April. I have a home in Anchorage, Alaska and my wife is a school teacher. She will not be with me this trip. I am looking for a non smoker and someone fairly neat. Color, ethnic background or sex not important but a Spanish/English speaker is important.
Rusty in Alaska

Welcome to Expat-Blog Rusty37 :) You should post an advert under Chile Classfieds> Categories: Accommodations/Flat Share, House Share as well. It might help you. ;)

I wish you good luck and I hope you find a suitable roommate soon.

Christine

Howdy, I to want to travel to Chile in January. I am a bilingual private pilot. Call me jaime 970 618 8226

Hello Jamie,

I am Terry from Alaska. I am a retired Professional pilot and plan to visit Chile for a month or longer the very last of January.

I will be looking at Chile as a possible winter retirement place to escape Alaska's cold and dark. My wife is a school teacher and will not be able to join me this year.

I'd like a room mate for a month or two. If you are interested then tell me a little about yourself.

Merry Christmas!

Terry

Howdy Terry,
   I to am looking for a better winter range. I may or may not be traveling with a fellow pilot as my wife will be here tending the kids. I intend to travel around and am fairly bilingual. I want to study the wine producing area and want to be out of the city as much as possible. I have no definate date and will be looking to hook up with local pilot in the area. Do you know if there are any planes that can be rented in the country??? Merry Christmas and God Bless, Jaime

Hi Jaime,

Same here. I'm planning on spending a bit of time on a bus doing some touring. I do want a place in Val, mostly Val, to stage out of for at least one month.

I'm a youthful 60 and in pretty good shape. I'm able to walk as far as I desire and do whatever physically I care to do.

My wife will join me in Chile next year or, if I don't like Chile as much as I feel I will, then we'll both look at Ecuador next.

I am very basic with Spanish and I would like to have a bi-lingual person with me.

My best,

Terry

Do you have a planned date of arrival? Jaime

No planned ETA Chile. My wife and college son are with me now in League City, Texas.

Mrs. Luther returns to Anchorage, Alaska to her teaching position and son Shaun returns to Cal Poly to engineering studies on January 2 and Cindy to Alaska on January 15. I will visit friends in Florida and north Carolina until the und of January or so and then down to Chile. The last bit is pretty open to my whims. I will be in chile NLT 10 February.

I regret the uncertain plans but I'm on a long trip since September 10 and am having a good time.

Merry Christmas!

Terry