Customs In Chile!!!

Shipping A Car And Household Goods To Valapariso!!!! Anyone Have Info On This??? Import Fees? Taxes? Etc.Etc.
                                       Thanks Tommy!!

Nightmare!

I've just imported just 300kgs of personal belongings and it wasn't easy. Make sure all the paper work matches your details exactly. For example, on my lading bill the port stated was San Antonio but was in fact Valparaiso. This meant Aduanas (customs) wouldn't do anything till the document was officially changed. Ultimately you need to arrange for Aduana (who are customs for drugs and other illegal items) and SAG (who are looking for pests and diseases which could have been transported). I enquired about importing a motorbike and they said if I did don't import it with fuel. You can employ a broker to facilitate, but as your name will be on all the documents you will still have to do the running around too.
As for cost, I don't know. Check out aduana.cl, there you can find out if you're allowed to import some things tax free, depending upon your circumstances.

Good luck.

Thanks! But My Wife Is a Chilean Citizen!! Has a Rut # And We Were Told By The Chilean Embassey In Miami Florida That She Could Import One Vehicle No! Charge!! So Your Saying Thats Not True? Thanks Tom&Vicky

She being chilean can qualify for the category of "retornados", returning chileans living abroad, that will allow her to bring to Chile some stuff that for other chileans is out of question, i.e. used cars or used vehicles. But there are restrictions to those vehicles, i.e. ownership can't be transferred for a period of time, usually around 5 years. This is where the import broker (agente aduanero) comes into play.
The only time used vehicles are allowed to be imported into Chile is when they are going to be sold to neighbor countries or to be used *inside* tax-free (or duty free?) import zones. The automobile official importers association ("cartel") here in Santiago is very powerful that convinced all of us that used cars no matter their origin or mileage are bad for public health!

Thanks Ferthelet! No Cars For Us!! Thats It Were Done. Just Bringing Our Personnel Stuff!! Tom&vicky!