Met an Algerian Muslim man online and wanting more info.

I am from the USA and met a man online from Algeria. I know nothing about Algeria and get mixed results when I google it.
I may come back and ask questions as things go along but for not I am just seeing if he likes me for me or wanting to become a US citizen. He has a job there that I don't know if he would leave to move here. I am cautious just putting it out there before getting hat messages lol. He also grew up in france where his parents live and he is able to visit every 4 months or so he says lol.

Anyhow he says crocheting is something they respect i guess or find attractive maybe. Is this true? What else should I be weary of?

I also met an Algerian man online.  We have been Skyping for three months and he wants me to come to Batna to visit him.  I am very nervous about this.  I have been trying to get information on how I can do a background check but I always come to a dead end.  I am also nervous about some things I have read online regarding human trafficing.  I don't know what to do.

Hey snow423, don't be nervous at all, Algeria its a nice country, and ur bf you know him more than anyone else, your welcome anytime. U got another friend if u wanna any information keeping in touch.

To inform_me
Hey there, wish everything ok with you, I wanna answer you and give you more information about batna, I'm living near it its a nice province
People there are friendly, I don't know ur bf to judge him, you know him better, anyway I'm here for helps. just keeping in touch

Hey! Maybe can you help me too? Or you can give a advice.   :unsure

Hey, how's you?
OK, I can help you or advise you, with pleasure

How to find a person in Algeria? If i know not much about him...name, age, his work, but dont know exact the place where he live.

Your as you looking for a needle in a haystack.. lol.
You know his name, age, work but how come he didn't telling you where he's living exactly!
You didn't asked him?

I think that he live in Adrar. Problem that i didn't hear from him half year.. you know, i not very interesting where exact he live because i didn't plan to go to Algeria. And i know him 11 years. I liked  to discuss with him about many things. And his numbers not working get. I dont know what to do and how to find him.

OK, give me his name, his work, and his phone number.
Tell me since how much time you didn't heard from him?

Send me it in private plz

Hi

I m an algerian citizen living and working in algeria
I have to tell you that unfortunetly like most of the arab countries, immigration is on every arab's brain, it's like something on their bucket list that they have to achieve in their lifes no matter how long it takes.
the direction is of course the west (western countries) and not the east since every thing that we see from like we say in arabic "the softness of our nails" which is our early childhood to our period of being adult is the west and its perfection (on the tv) in all fields that people became obssesed about just leaving their countries and leave toward the west and not searching what made the west so rich and learn from it.
I m just giving you a different perspective about it from the inner algerian society.
when it comes to becoming a US citizen i have to tell you that most of the arab muslim or non arab muslim and particularly algerians who move to america that they don't give a thing about their citizenship and they don't be patriots and it is this small percentage of people who are causing some of the problems in america since they got every thing they wanted but they can't fit in due to their cultural and religious background and not having lived in a diversed envirment prior to their immigration.
Most of the algerian could do any thing to reach the west and if he has really lived in france and has a french citizenship then i don't thing you have to worry about it but still get to know him more.
here's some of the links to know the arab mentality of few personalities and arab intellectuals who stand up for to make a change by telling the truth.
i would be delighted to help you if you have more questions
and btw i m new here and this is my first comment lol
the videos above are from different arab countries but the core of the idea is deep within all societies.
if you're a jew or an atheist unfortunatly you will not be accepted by most of the people here since the algerian society is one of the most antisemetic societies in the world.
here's a social expriment of jew in algeria, the guy who did the expirment is happy about the antisemetic reactions.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Spam links removed

Hi,
I'm so glad to found Snow423 thread since i have the same topic and need some advices since there is algerian men here who willing to share their knowledge and willing from others aswell. In general what i read above the same with mine. Woman Meet with, through online, bound in certain time, fallin in love, dream/plan to married, scam? The diff i'm asian (english isnt my mother language) and a moslem but slighty diff with eastern in term of practice due to cultures. Man i met is algerian who live in europe and in his struggling to get citizenship where currently he has work of permit only. We were know each other 9 years ago thru online when he was working in asia (not in my country) and back to europe for good a few months after. For 7 years i riject all proposal to be his gf since i didnt want a long distance relationship. But he ignored my rijection, keep patient and introduce me with his mom whenever he went home to algeria by video call. I was laughing and wary when he's always saying falling in love since we never met in real live. I started to challenge him with moslem term which is go directly into marriage by asking for a permission directly face to face to my parents (fyi, this is not my practise eventhough i'm a moslem but relationship process is a must!) He asked time due to financial difficulties for marriage life. My answer as friends it is. In first 2 years he was ever inviting me as sponsor to visit but i cancelled due to security risk issue of unlogical excuses i got from him during the process. By time being, as friends, He said never had any gf since he know and want me only but i found he lied and need such a big effort to make him admit it until i share him the evidence. I decided to disconnect. Dont get me wrong, i dont mind he had a gf since we were only a friend, but i dont want a liar friend. Until 2 years ago we start to talk again and in that time he asked for serious relationship and told me he is ready to start the process i asked in early stages as the goals in short period. I said yes! But decided to flew and meet to get better understanding of him first rather than meet him in my country, greyish, and i'm kind of person who can be convinced by own eyes. Half cost of my visit was on him. I met his closest friends, colleagues and neighbours. he put me sit and hug on his side and introduced me to all his fam including dad and his siblings i never saw thru facetime but somehow abit hesitant me cos all of them cant speak english and translated by him only. His fam was trying to call and saw me during my visit.

I fall in love with him when i saw him in real life, not by his appearance  but i point out by my eyes that he is a responsible man with his imperfection, hardworking and make sure he saw mine aswell. We had several big fight during my visit and both of us succeed go through them. We start to talked the plan and made certain list to do with 1 year in total as deadline, 1st he will start talk with my sibling in person who can speak english. Second he will come with his parents to meet my parents for proposal and engagement then the 3rd wed in 6 mos after the 2nd & we will stay in europe since we saw less oportunity for him to have a decent work in asia and not willing to become as religion teacher like other eastern and he can start to apply his citizenship from govern this july. He was starting tell his financial info details. After i flew back he start executed the 1st one which was talking with my sibling about our plan but didnt go to 2nd onwards. He was in dissapear and got several different version from his several closest friends i had met earlier and wondering me are they telling lies to back up? It was tear me down deeply when one of his closest friend telling me that he decided to left and unwilling to tell me why or directly. He dissapear for a year until last month he contact me again and explain what happen. But i found there are some detail of his explanation didnt match with evidence i had. When i said that he cant proof back but only said what he said is the truth and swear by sayin God's name in ramadhan. This is exhousted and disturb me emotionaly.  What is his intention for all of this?

That's crazy! I just married a man from Batna. He and his family are such good people. What can I help you with?

As an Algerian US citizen, I can honestly say he's playing you for you citizenship.

inform_me wrote:

I also met an Algerian man online.  We have been Skyping for three months and he wants me to come to Batna to visit him.  I am very nervous about this.  I have been trying to get information on how I can do a background check but I always come to a dead end.  I am also nervous about some things I have read online regarding human trafficing.  I don't know what to do.

I wouldn't worry about the human trafficking. I've been to Algeria many times. I would worry more about the fact that he's using you for your citizenship.

I met an algerian young men ,seemed nice and gentlemen.
We met three times already and seems that we are into serious relationship.
My questions is , my guts still telling me that he's hiding something that afraid I must know the truth.
I wanted to background check on him but I dropped it and confided on him to tell me that truth about who he is. He answered me but seems there's still hiding .
I love him, and he told me to trust him and do not think anything in my mind.
I love him dearly, honestly. I help him a lot thru expenses as he still not yet having a job.
He is a good home man, but I caught him many times in Social media, he likes.to talk to an older women online. But he explained that it just a talk as he is still studying in tourism industry.
Please advise.
I also wanted to visit algeria. Or shall I hired a private Investigator to check back ground on him?
Thank you.
Sincere simple girl

Hi there , can you read my recent post?
Can you please help me to check back ground on him?
I need your help.
Thanks k you

To me, it sounds like you answered your own question. You're answer could be that much more clear if cut off his finances. Besides, it's emasculating to give your boyfriend money.
Let us know how it turns out. I wish you the best!

This guy sounds like the same man Michel is talking about I want to send you his pic ... or just go to Facebook and search his name Yacine Soualhia... profile pic is of a gazebo....but his pic will pop up in pictures on his Facebook.... he talks to a lot of older women as well....

i met a man online Alegrian he is 34yrs old and am 66…is he really serious about me? very big age gap…he so sweet but temperamental man …can advise me about this…

i meet alegrian man online but we have a big age gap am 66 and he is 34…is this not matter to alegrian man..

Someone knows a man from Algeria who is called Ramzi Kolli. It's from Setif. Ain Azel. Algeria. He says he lives in France or Italy but it's not true.

Hes scamming you

Hi wheres he from what part in algeria

Seriously  you love him?

We are never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy. It's a very brave thing to fall in love. You have to be willing to trust somebody else with your whole being, and that's very difficult, really difficult and very brave. You may be confused.

Love can not walk alone without trust. What your heart says about him, just do it. Be aware about online scammers/fraud. Mostly people look for immigration to another country. So it depends you are from where. I am sorry to say but it is true. Asking cash/money for any type of work is also an indication that there is no love.

You should not go for back ground check. You should prepare your own back ground check and put the case in front of your brain. A lair always leaves something in conversation to think about as a clue. Blind love is found only in books nowadays.

good evening. Please tell me where I can file a complaint against an Algerian man who tricked and manipulated me. he's a thief. he took my money. I want him to pay for what many women do on the internet. Can I file a complaint with the Algerian police or the Algerian embassy in my country?

Home office hun also to em assy x

Hi qheres about in algeria

Dear,

You can send email and explain them about your problem. The case is strong if you have any type of ID of that person.

National Gendarmerie Command
P.O. Box 28 - Dunes Road - Cheraga - Algeria
Phone: 021.37.57.70, Fax: 023.21.41.17
, E-mail:

ccom-cgn@mdn.dz

I hope it will help.

Regards,

Good evening . Thanks for the info. Does this police station check that person in the city where he lives?

Good evening . Thanks for the info. Does this police station check that person in the city where he lives?

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. You can send an email to them and write every single information about him. If you have any type of picture as well as ID can be helpful to trace the person.

For your information, they usually get complains from Algerian nationals to complain Algerian nationals. But you can have your chance to write everything to them and tell them what was done with you. They usually search for the culprits to bring them to justice.

Alternatively, you may visit Algerian embassy in your country to file complaint against him but at every platform, you need to provide details like you sent money to him so evidence is required in shape of bank transfer statement etc. 

If you can not visit Algerian embassy in your country, get email address of embassy and write full story. Phone calls may not work.

Email Address is               mail@algerianembassy.org

I hope it may help you

Regards,

@shi but what will happen when u report them pleaseignorsensitive

Hello All,

No sure how active this thread is still but I thought I'd post here anyway.

My name is Amanda. I am American married to an Algerian. I have lived in Algiers and Tlemcen, though currently in USA.

My husband and I met online. I was very cautious about checking if he 1) was only after a green card, 2) was looking for a free meal/money, 3) if he was serious about marriage not just playing…

Anyway I'm happy to report he was genuine and sincere. We have been married almost 10years now with kids and all.

I can answer questions about relationships with an Algerian but not locations, as I am not currently in Algeria. Soon, inshallah.

Have a good day.

Peace,
Amanda
Hi Amanda,

My partner is currently living in Algeria. Near Boumerdes.
I am due to visit in the next couple of months, and would like to know what work opportunities there are for English speaking men.
Could you just provide me with any information / experience that you've had from living in Algeria.
I would hugely appreciate it.

Thank you so much
Ramadan Mubarak

Sam

@MadSamandTofu Please see my post below, Amanda. I forgot to tag you!

@FindingAWay91

Hi Sam,

For English speakers in general there are a lot of ESL schools that would be happy to have you as a teacher. I am a teacher myself so this is my go to.

If you have any technical/IT experience you can apply to Ericsson, Mobilis, Oreedoo, etc to work as an engineer. There are a lot of technical companies in Babzouar (spelling?) area of Algeria. Also there are a lot of hospitals/universities/corporations that may be looking for an English speaking administrator/reception, but I don't know exactly.

Check LinkedIn, and word of mouth. Facebook.

Be aware that cost of living is much lower in Algeria and Salaries are usually much lower too. Algiers downtown you'll be looking at a high salary of $1000/mo. Tlemcen is about $750/mo. Especially if they pay in DZA-Dinars. You can push to have them pay you $€£ but some smaller local business may not be able to.

Salam Alikum,
Amanda
@GuestPoster182

Hey, I have seen that you are happily married with someone from Algeria, and I really need advice on my current situation, as I am also talking to someone from Algeria. If you have instagram please add me. @whenthesunmeetsthesea

I'd love to chat or even talk on the phone sometime.

Best

@Ohno_ohno
Greetings, I also want to marry someone from Algeria. Can you please add me on IG  so we can chat about how things work there and how to get married in Algeria?
Kind regards