Hi Im Patricia and you?

Hello, I'm trying to send messages to others members but a security message tell me that I have to introduce my self here in the forum. Nice to meet you all! I'm peruvian living and working in Budapest, very nice place (a little cold now right?) But good enough to enjoy a lot! I like arts, music, culture, etc.etc.

You can send me a message if you need information about Perú (maybe someone will travel there or just want to..) and also if you want to have a good friend here, could be me! I'm a nice person :)

Bye and good day!

Patri

zapitap wrote:

You can send me a message if you need information about Perú (maybe someone will travel there or just want to..) and also if you want to have a good friend here, could be me! I'm a nice person :) ....

Hola!

Welcome to Hungary and welcome to the forum here.

I don't know anything about Peru except that Paddington Bear comes from there. I think for most people in Europe Peru is a mystery. But I expect for most Peruvian people, Hungary is a mystery as well.

But anyway, Bienvenido!

Fluffy2560

Welcome on Expat.com Patricia

Thanks for your introduction :) Do not hesitate to participate & contribute on the Peru forum as well.

Regards

fluffy2560 wrote:

I don't know anything about Peru except that Paddington Bear comes from there.

Oh, does he?
I though he was conceived in the queue at Paddington station!
No, wait, that was Fenchurch from the Hitchhikers Guide, carry on.

Welcome to the forum and Hungary, Patricia!

Hello All! Thanks for ur post! I'm glad to be writing in this forum, I feel I can get a bunch of good friends here :) nice.
But please, friends administrators of the blog, let me send messages, I still have the same Error Message and I can`t answer any message inbox I have. Thanks! Patri
pd. If someone else write me please let me know ur email adress, because I can!t answer by the email system in this blog.

Hi Zapitizap

Welcome to the forum. Lots of really nice people here :)

I am all dissapointed and disillusioned about Paddington Bear now though :/

Hi everyone! We only have The Andean Bear u "Oso de Anteojos" (Bear with glasses), and is in danger of extinction.

ursafreedomproject.ning.com/group/andeanbearsupport
But Paddintong Bear is nice, and he's with the right clothes to be in summer in the jungle. Someone has been in the jungle before?

zapitap wrote:

Someone has been in the jungle before?

Never, but always wanted to!

I imagine it must be something like a coral reef on land...
I'd probably venture in just a few meters, spend the day admiring the variety of life, and come out with enough rashes, bites, stings, and poisonings for life :-)

But back to Paddington:Hollycat, why is his origin any important? :-/

hello,

don't send to anyone the same messages, that's why u r prohibited :-)

What do u work here?
G.

he he - I remember my Paddington Bear doll as a child and all the adventures he got up to!!!!!!  Its not really important where he came from - MY Paddington will always be a Londoner with a cockney accent :)

Hollycat wrote:

......MY Paddington will always be a Londoner with a cockney accent :)

Wow, cockney accent for Paddington? Cor blimey, stone the crows,love a duck, would you adam and eve it*?

I always thought of Paddington being very well spoken, polite and very well educated! Not the normal stereotype of a cockney.

* a cultural note: for those not familiar with Cockney Rhyming slang, "would you adam and eve it?" means, "would you believe it?". Anyone born within the sound of Bow bells (being the church bells of the  London area called Bow) is a cockney. In theory, they all speak in rhyming slang, some of which can be rather amusing abbreviations vis-a-vis: Apples and Pears = stairs or underwear, Tit-for-tat = Hat (usually said as "Titfer"), Trouble and Strife = wife (usually referred to as just "Trouble"). I don't know the origns of rhyming slang but probably it was a way of speaking in code to fool the Old Bill (the police).

he he he - I know - I was young...................  Having lived in London for 10 years I now know the difference!!!!!  I think I just associated Londoners and Paddington with my mums friends from London (some of whom were cockneys) and not so much from the TV programme. As you say Paddington had a very nice accent and was a refined and polite gentleman in every way

I used go live in Bethnal Green and sometimes I did see real Pearly Queens walking down the street :D  DO NOT go to a real pie and mash shop/eel shop and expect to enjoy the food :P

I haven't thought of Paddington for years :)

Hollycat wrote:

I haven't thought of Paddington for years :)

Me neither. It was a good thread/topic. I'm thinking of getting a DVD now for Paddington for the kids. Nice one.

I'm from South of London myself, the suburbs. We're certainly not Cockneys but not that far away as the crows fly. I've always thought of it as a rather interesting cultural thing. Non-native English speakers (mainly students of English) I've mentioned it to also find it quite interesting. The rhyming bit probably helps with learning English (maybe).

I think the rhyming is really interesting too.  I really enjoyed living in London.  Was mainly in Camden to start then moved east.  South London - I'm thinking of Del Boy and Rodney now!!!! :D

Your kids will love Paddington :)

Hollycat wrote:

.....Del Boy and Rodney now!!!! :D

Your kids will love Paddington :)

Ah, classic....Rodney, you plonker.....and Uncle Albert. Gawd bless 'em. Ending was good too - winning the lottery.

My daughter already has the Paddington wellie boots. All we need is the duffle coat and the hat. I simply must find the videos now. My mission this week.

Thanks for the rhyming slang explanation, everywhere I heard about it before it was always assumed the reader knows how it works.

The Hungarian equivalent of Paddington bear is the classic story of Vackor, a bear cub so much trouble to his parents they enroll him in human kindergarten and school. The text rhymes and flows nicely, good for practicing the language. The illustrations are crude but cute, often encouraging small kids to contribute.

We are also proud of the quite liberal and entertaining translation/rewrite of Winnie the Pooh from Frigyes Karinthy, traditionally circulated with the original black-and-white sketches, none of the Disney slime.

For accents the first go-to place is the "Magyar Nepmesek" (Hungarian Folktales) animated series with trippy visuals and the calm voice of Gyula Szabo (also known as the dub-voice of Columbo.)