Visiting Shenzhen

Hi all. Not new to China. Been here 9 years. Looking for job options since I'm 62 and University will not renew my contract for next year. Non smoker, non drinker in good health looking for options. Have MBA, TEFL and also a web developer. Any opportunities in Shenzhen, zhuhai, Hong Kong or other? Not Guangzhou, been there 7 years, looking for a change. Email me at ***. Dave

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I heard the Chinese government trying to put certain age limit on working visa, maybe 60.  I was told by a friend,  you need to check on this.  But there is always exceptions just like many other policies in China.  If the school or university really wants you, they'll take care of your paper work

Sad to hear. I understand that there are age limits on working visas. I think 55 is the top age for new -visas and 60 is the top age for renewals.

I would suggest you find work that does not require employment like blogs or import / export or starting your own business with a local Chinese person. Best of luck.

It is getting frightening as we get older. As I am only a few years younger than you.

VANNROX wrote:

Sad to hear. I understand that there are age limits on working visas. I think 55 is the top age for new -visas and 60 is the top age for renewals.

I would suggest you find work that does not require employment like blogs or import / export or starting your own business with a local Chinese person. Best of luck.

It is getting frightening as we get older. As I am only a few years younger than you.

YEAH,good idea. start your own biz. find a partner in shenzhen.
talk with me by SKYPE  HI.SZANDY