Looking to connect with other expat families

Hi! My husband and 2 young kids (1 & 4yrs) will be in Belize next week, for a couple weeks, considering the country for a future move. We'll be on Ambergris for the 1st week then either staying the next week as well, or heading over to Placencia to do a site visit. We plan to tour schools, and really hope to meet other expat families to pick their brains, especially ones that either have young children or made the move when their children were young. Any recommendations of ways to connect with expat families while over there? Is there a place where expat families usually hang out in San Pedro? Or other thoughts/suggestions?

Hello and welcome to the forum. You might PM Monkey Town Brew, as she moved to Placencia with young kids a couple of years ago. I am not sure of her status, as she has not posted here recently, but she might be a good resource for you.
I don't hang-out in San Pedro, so I am not sure of  specific expat locales, but we were there about 10 days ago, and there are more expats than the local population for sure. It shouldn't be hard to get together with some other like-minded individuals. Hopefully someone here will be able to give you some specifics.
There are many considerations in moving to Belize, so take your time, visit frequently, and do your research before you take the plunge. Belize is not for everyone.

Hi there,
   My husband and I be there next week as well in San Pedro checking it out for a move hopefully later this year. I have 3 kids, 2,4,6. We are only there one week though. Not bringing our kids on this trip and couldn't leave them with my inlaws too long.
   Where are you staying? Did you want to connect and grab coffee?
   We are from Canada.
Hope to hear from you if not have a wonderful trip! :)

That would be great! I'll send you a PM now

@Katelyn23

Hi,  I know this is a couple years old but curious if you did make the move and what the experience was like.