Beware of scammers - Fake job offers from Turkey

Dear all,

With number of increasing threads about job offers you might take from Turkey, I have decided to create a main topic for our visitors to be informed of this situation.

* Work permit licence is rarely given and have couple of rules to be followed (except for syrian refugees which is out of context here).

For every 1 foreigner worker, a company has to employ 5 Turkish citizens
Application process takes a week, and 1 - 6 months to be processsed

=>> If a company is asking you money, don't send them because if it was legit company they wouldn't ask for such money because its illegal

When you check their websites / domains are newly registered, photos are from other sites, addresses are random, even their references are stolen from other websites. Also they don't have fixed numbers which starts an area code of 0212 or 0216 for istanbul because in order to obtain that they have to give official id and legit utility address.

Considering these facts, please don't you send any of your personal details or money!

Post the company info in this thread and I will update this post with well known scam websites that we know of.

Also you can send these information to https://www.egm.gov.tr/Sayfalar/Ihbar.aspx which is official police email of Turkey to help them aware of these scammers.

Names aren't important but here are some of the notorious "fake companies" that you should know of:

Voltwood
Eminönü Hospital
Bagcilar Unity Academy
Cihangir Oil Company
Marmaris International Recruitment
Aydıner Construction (HR)

Good luck!

thanks bro i received the offer letter from eminonu hahaha

yes you right sir, its very difficult nowadays to find a job, especially people who willing to migrate and start a new life.

Tell me about It! Applied over 300 jobs for Europe, no one called lol

I would like to ask if this company is a fraud or scam?

Cihangir Oil Company
1-11 Altınbakkal Durağı
Cad.No:276 -Maltepe
İstanbul, Turkey Republic
Telephone: +905 538912612

mark anthony M wrote:

I would like to ask if this company is a fraud or scam?

Cihangir Oil Company
1-11 Altınbakkal Durağı
Cad.No:276 -Maltepe
İstanbul, Turkey Republic
Telephone: +905 538912612

The company name doesn't throw up a thousand Google search result - What real oil company doesn't?

A website in that company name was opened 2 months ago using a Moscow based registrant to hide the company's details - Brand new oil company?

Mobile phone numbers always suggest dangers

Why do I expect them to ask you for cash in order to fund your visa, work permit, or whatever else they can think of?

Yes %100 fake

Thanks for the information,it really helped a lot.

Hello my friend,

I received an appointment letter from VoltWood inc. and hey send me and contract and medical questionnaire to fill and sign then send it back without asking me to send money and for the visa part they wrote that:

“NON-TURKISH EMPLOYEES: It is an official policy that all non-Turkish employees (Expatriates) shall cover the cost of obtaining their resident/work permit documents as proof of their commitment and readiness to join our team. Management, however, shall provide free Visa, Airplane ticket and Accommodation to all non-Turkish employees (Expatriates) and their families respectively. We sincerely apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you. VoltWood shall reimburse only travel expenses made through the assistance of our approved consultant.”

I understand that I should make the resident work permit by my self so I will go to the embassy and make it using the contact and the documents I have. Or it doesn't work like that? I know it might be fake that's why I am writing here but in case I won't pay directly for them and go to the embassy is it normal? By the way the email address that I received this offer from is: career@voltwood.com

the web site seems well prepared, but actually too exaggerated. if there was such a company, everyone would know them. but all b*****t. eg: çanakkale bridge construction shall be handled by other companies, i know. they copied the text from original web site of çanakkale bridge.
the company address is fake too. tel no is gsm.
it is scam.

I received the following job offer see below:

Dear Gerhardus Johannes Jacobus Van Rensburg,   

The Management and Staff of Volt Wood Inc hereby Congratulate you on the success of your application. This is an affirmation that your experience and qualifications were found successful for the requirements of Volt Wood Inc. At Volt Wood Inc, we believe in offering a competitive and contemporary benefits package that focuses on individual choice based on personal needs and preferences.

Please find attached herewith, relevant document containing the Prototype of your Contract Package for your perusal and approval. Upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, sign on the last page and send us a Scanned Copy of the Acceptance page together with the medical questionnaire.

It is important that you also understand that this selection and Appointment are based on the following:

- CURRICULUM VITAE / LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
- QUALIFICATION / RECOMMENDATION
- PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT RECORDS

NOTE: THIS APPOINTMENT IS STRICTLY BASED ON RECOMMENDATION AND APPROVAL BY OUR RECRUITING AGENCIES AND AS SUCH TRANSLATES TO ABRUPT SELECTION WITHOUT FURTHER INTERVIEW.

However, there will be a mandatory Orientation/Training Exercise for all Newly Employed Expatriates which will take place within the work Metropolis of VoltWood Inc and this Program will start 7 days on arrival for work sign-on. 

Upon acceptance of this offer, you are required to forward a copy of your signed Contract Agreement and the filled medical questionnaire to our consultant for the procurement of your Turkish resident/work permit documents which will empower you to live and work in the Republic of Turkey. Ensure you comply with their directives/requirements to enable them to complete the procurement of your relocation documents without delay.

EXPAT CONET
support@expatconet.com

NON-TURKISH EMPLOYEES: It is an official policy that all non-Turkish employees (Expatriates) shall cover the cost of obtaining their resident/work permit documents as proof of their commitment and readiness to join our team. Management, however, shall provide free Visa, Airplane ticket and Accommodation to all non-Turkish employees (Expatriates) and their families respectively. We sincerely apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you. VoltWood shall reimburse only travel expenses made through the assistance of our approved consultant.

Should you require more information, please feel free to contact us immediately.

Congratulations! on your appointment.

Regards:
-----

Mehmet Budak
Chief HR Officer

Signed all documents but 1ste he was CEO now Chief HR officer can someone confirm it this is a scam or real offer as they want me to pay them now 2790 USD to do VISA but previously it was told I must do it my self now I must use thiscompany.

AHMED ABO HMAD
EXPAT CONET CONSULT
Phone: +90 531 355 35 69
support@expatconet.com
expatconet.com

So I am busy reporting all info received to FTC and all my Social media accounts. As this is a SCAM

it is scam.
they already cheated you. while you were thinking that you wouldnt be cheated to send money, you had already shared all yr private information which might be a nightmare during yr entire life, which may cost more than money itself, and which you will never know where and when those information is used.

Thanks for the info man.

Hello,  is marmaris recruitment agency in turkey legit.  They said they help with Poland work visa and also jobs in turkey too. And I have to pay installmentally.
Below is their contact details.

Sarah Jones , Marmaris International Recruitment
info@marmarisrecruitment.com | www.marmarisrecruitment.com 

Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Resort Workers | Teachers in Turkey
Company Registration Number:  0891574

i have never heard them before, i think there is no such recruitment agent in turkey. but still, they may be legit operating over internet only. it is difficult to understand. yet, they have no address, no phone number, even for head office in UK.

Thanks.  I will keep that in mind

I tried to find a job through known job finder apps such as LinkedIn and indeed, but of course instead of qualified, some luck are needed to finally accepted by the desired company. Just keep trying and good luck to all of us

Hello,  is marmaris recruitment agency in turkey legit.  They said they help with Poland work visa and also jobs in turkey too. And I have to pay installmentally.
Below is their contact details.

Sarah Jones , Marmaris International Recruitment
info[at]marmarisrecruitment.com | [link under review]

Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Resort Workers | Teachers in Turkey
Company Registration Number:  0891574

Sorry for the late reply.

Their site is 9 years old but registrant details are withheld to you have no idea who they are from that.
They have several other sites of varying ages, all with hidden details

Their number is a UK based non-geographic number that has no records other than for this company and is not included in any directories

They are registered with companies house and their accounts are up to date
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08915745

Their turnover was about 15,000 GBP in 2018 and they appear to have one employee, a retired chap by the name of Bell

The company is run from a bungalow in a small housing estate

The fees are most likely agency fees, so legal

The company appears to be legitimate, but small. Sounds like a retired bloke trying to earn an honest quid by working as an agency.

Borraro wrote:

i have never heard them before, i think there is no such recruitment agent in turkey. but still, they may be legit operating over internet only. it is difficult to understand. yet, they have no address, no phone number, even for head office in UK.

I have a third dan black belt in google searching :D

Lalalaila wrote:

I tried to find a job through known job finder apps such as LinkedIn

That platform is infested with fakes and loads of scammers are using it to target potential victims.
Take care with anything on there.
My own profile, created so I could view others but obviously total rubbish, gets a lot of job offers.

Yolma wrote:

Signed all documents but 1ste he was CEO now Chief HR officer can someone confirm it this is a scam or real offer as they want me to pay them now 2790 USD to do VISA but previously it was told I must do it my self now I must use thiscompany.

AHMED ABO HMAD
EXPAT CONET CONSULT
Phone: +90 531 355 35 69
support@expatconet.com
expatconet.com

This is less good
Site registered in Jan 2019 in Panama - all details hidden

Asking for visa money is a killer so I strongly suggest avoiding them

I'm going to be very rude and make one sentence big and red in the hope it will be seen and save a couple of people from scammers.
Apologies

If a company asks for money for visas or anything else - It's very probably a scam.
Don't send money.

Fred wrote:
Borraro wrote:

who cares

Borraro wrote:
Fred wrote:
Borraro wrote:

who cares

I'll start with all the people who have posted 'is it a scam' questions on expat and my investigations and posts have saved them from being scammed.

Any other questions?

Fred wrote:
Borraro wrote:
Fred wrote:

who cares

I'll start with all the people who have posted 'is it a scam' questions on expat and my investigations and posts have saved them from being scammed.

Any other questions?

then keep it between you and them, no need to send me a message, dont start messing with me..

Borraro wrote:
Fred wrote:
Borraro wrote:

who cares

Any other questions?

then keep it between you and them, no need to send me a message, dont start messing with me..

There has been no private message conversation

Fred wrote:
Borraro wrote:
Fred wrote:

Any other questions?

There has been no private message conversation

did i say "private"? you sent message to me in quotes.

infoaboutTurkey wrote:

Dear all,

With number of increasing threads about job offers you might take from Turkey, I have decided to create a main topic for our visitors to be informed of this situation.

An excellent topic, if I may be so bold as to say so.

How to spot these scammers is generally easy, they always end up asking for cash but, as someone in the thread said, you could have been scammed before they get that far.
Identity theft is a big problem so giving your personal details always involves a level of risk, that meaning a few basic checks are a very good idea.

This requires a little critical thinking and preferably a sense of humour just in case they beat you.

Check the whois data
Search the company name - Real companies tend to have a big web footprint, not just their site
Search email addresses (If it's a free address, they're more likely to be scammers)
Search the telephone number

There's a whole bunch of other advanced stuff I won't go into because, as has been proven on so many threads, many people will try to do this but come to the wrong conclusions.
Also, I don't want to give away all the tricks in public so as to avoid telling the scammers how I find them, and because I love looking really clever :D.

According to Turkish law, Recruitment companies / agencies or someone can not request payment from job seekers. They get payment from companies which they find staff for them.

If someone is asking from job seekers under any reason ( registration, translation, etc ), than you need to know that they are / she / he is fraud and you will be get laid!

Do not pay even 1 cent!

turkeyturkey wrote:

According to Turkish law, Recruitment companies / agencies or someone can not request payment from job seekers. They get payment from companies which they find staff for them.

If someone is asking from job seekers under any reason ( registration, translation, etc ), than you need to know that they are / she / he is fraud and you will be get laid!

Do not pay even 1 cent!

there is no such law, anyone can ask for any fee for any service, it is a mutual agreement. although it looks like it is free of charge to subscribe into a recruitment company's web site, most of them have "advanced membership" choice asking for money in return.
but, here the point is not recruitment companies, the company is employer itself, not intermediary.
and the point is not to determine it is legal or not. instead, it is to distinguish if the employer is legit or fake.

Hi I would like to ask if this company is a fraud?

AYDINER CONSTRUCTION CO. INC.
Yeni Foça Sokak No:2 06700 G.O.P. / ANKARA / TÜRKİYE

Phone: +90 (312) 446 35 00
Fax: +90 (312) 446 35 15
E-Mail: info@aydiner.com.tr

Also, this is part of the contract sent to me .

11.0 TURKISH GOVERNING LAW/AUTHORIZATION TO WORK:
This letter of agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with, and be governed by, the laws of the Turkish Government and European Union (EU). Where regulations adopted on Anti- Terrorism, Immigration Reform and Refugee Control Act are strictly adhered to.
Apart from sponsorship from Aydıner Construction Co., Inc employees coming to live and work in the Turkey for at least 12 months are mandated to show availability of the stipulated financial basic travel allowance that must be in possession of the applicant/employee into Turkey.
The mandatory Financial Basic Travel Allowance is for the Security and wellbeing of the applicant as mandated by Turkish Insurance policies to protect and secure expatriates financially. Turkey has taken this move to meet the requirements of the European Union.
12.0 NON-TURKISH RESIDENTS: Aydıner Construction Co., Inc will provide Non–Turkish Resident Employee with Four (4) Years Multiple Entry Turkish Work Visa (or family Visa if any) with
Aydıner Construction Co., Inc
Yeni Foça Sokak No:2 06700 G.O.P. / ANKARA / Turkey
Tel: +90 (503) 265 9845 /Fax: +90 (312) 446 35 15 website: www.aydiner.com.tr

AYDINER CONSTRUCTION
Yeni Foça Sokak. No:2 06700 G.O.P.,
ANKARA – TURKEY
Tel: +90 (503) 265 9845 /Fax: +90 (312) 446 35 15
Resident permit and will also bear the cost of flight ticket for employee to arrive Turkey to
assume duty but due to the recent inflow of illegal immigrant to Turkey it is mandatory that Non Turkish Resident employee should put down the stipulated security deposit as was stated by the immigration department to enable them grant employee Turkish Work Visa in compliance with the Republic of Turkey AND European Union Terrorism and Border Control Act.

Rule is very clear about to know who is fraud and who is not!
Rule: If someone asking pre-payment from job seekers under any reason ( usually their reason is " registering, translation, transaction, handling, consultancy free etc, ), yes he / she is thief!

A real company never ask payment for recruitment! Asking payment from job seekers is % 100 forbidden in Turkey.

Escape from someone is promising you to find job and if asking money!

the company itself is legit.
but it doesnt mean that the message is trustable.
bcs nowadays swindlers use real company web pages to be convincing.
first of all, "Tel: +90 (503) 265 9845" seems not belonging to the company. it is gsm number and not available neither on the real company web page nor anywhere on the net when you search it. still, it may belong to the HR manager, but why? too suspicious!
on the other hand, you didnt give us the e-mail address that you received the message from. does it end by aydiner.com.tr after @ sign, or else?
finally, i didnt work on a deep research, but all paragraphs, especially the last one  sound nonsense, just committed to paper to create a tension with impressive words and sentences.
did they ask for money or not? i cant see this part..

Scammers commonly use legitimate company names as cover for their thefts. The big point is them asking for money.

The email address was written as this
From Aydıner Construction hr@aydiner-hr.com

No they didn't ask for money , the 12.0 part was what that sounded like money requirement ,

aydiner-hr.com

Something in the region of a hundred sites are associated with the same registrant.

I'll have a better look when I'm on a computer, but it looks dodgy so far