Retiring in Ecuador and business opportunities

My business partner and I are semi retired. We have no family obligations, but I sponsor 2 little girls through WorldVision in
a lttle village south of Guaranda. In order for me to be closer to the children and assist the in their education our plan is to move to Guayaquil, and hopefully continue doing business there.
We are money brokers an our focus is to bring together land developers and investors.Info on renting in Guayaquil, pros and cons of living there, road condition between Guaranda and Guayaquil, or any cooments that you may consider helpful would be greatly appreciated. I should mention I have been to Quito twice to visit my sponsored children,and I have no problem in
adapting to he lifestyle as I have lived in the Caribbean and am very adept at assimilating, plus I|speak Spanish.
Any advice, comments ,whatever, would be appreciated.

Hi patrocinio74,
Welcome to Expat.com.

I hope that you will soon get replies to your queries.

Regards,
Harmonie.

ps:there should be more people like you;sponsoring this two little girls,keep it up:)

I'll have to find Guaranda on Goofgle Maps.  I live outside a small fishing village near Salinas to the west of Guayaquil on the coast.  One of the nice things about this area is that there are some excellent highways being constructed and the infrastructure is improving literally daily. 

Guayaquil can be hot and humid, and sometimes a bit dangerous with petty theft and theft while riding on busses and in taxis.  Many peopleprefer to live on the coast and travel to Guayaquil only when necessary either for the airport or to a cultural event or if they need to do shopping for things not available nearby.  If the town your girls live in is to the south of Guayaquil I would reccomend looing at the Playas area to settle in, to the west, then come out to Salinas.  This should be able to place you close enough to visit and participate and yet outside the city in a more secure environment.  U have been made very welcome in my small town and participate by hiring my staff from the local town people, purchaisng as much as I can from the towns baeries and shops, contributing paint and other necesities to the local schools (kindergarten through high school) and generally participating in the life of our community here.  Little things mean a lot and how we "gringos" represent ourselves reflects on how we all as a group are viewed.  Be honest, modest, frugal (as over spending and over tipping will make you appear frivolous) and most of all remember you are a guest  in their home. 

Susan

Hi Greg,

There are some great investments in coastal Manabi.
If your up this way I can point you in the right direction

Hi Misha16

Our house is for sale right now so were waiting patiently to be sold so we can move to Bahia,Manobi or Manta or around that area for good! Could you tell me the normal or average temp where you live on a daily basis because we want to look around where you live first for a house.

Thanks

Kurt

Here is a graph of the year.
http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Bahia … bi/EC.aspx

Its not just the temp that is important for comfort. you would have to look at the humidity and breeze.  Bahia is perfect if your not on the point of the peninsula.  South of Bahia is even better, as there is even less humidity it the coast tropical dry forest.  North of Bahia heads toward the Equator add its very humid and lots of bugs. but very very beautiful for a visit.