Any news on border ban

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all safe and well.

Has anyone heard from any reliable sources over there as to when foreign workers will be allowed to enter China again?

I've been made several offers, yet everything is up in the air because there are no flights or visas being issued, as well as the travel ban.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

JL

Hi there, I live in Shanghai but currently stuck in England.

Nothing changed as of yet. Chinese government have been really quiet on the matter so far.

I know there is a 'special visa', they can be provided if the company prove it is "essential needs to the business", I'm not sure if any teachers have had any success with this though. When I mentioned it to my school a while back they seemed to believe it was more for businessesmen going on important business trips. However now most schools have reopened I'm wondering if it can be used for teachers now too.

I plan to speak with my school Monday about it. If I have any success I'll let you know.

Thanks for the response mate. Appreciate the feedback  :)

Rumours say it'll be September or even later. Which is fine if you working at a language center, but for school teachers, that's really going to be problematic.

J

Hi,

Shenzhen issued new policies for returning to China two weeks ago and must get Invitation Letter from Foreign Affairs Office.
Can check our WeChat public account article for details:
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzUxOD … g=zh_CN#rd

Best Regards.

Olivia

Q5: Can education related companies or International schools apply?

A5: Currently cannot. May change in the near future. Please confirm with Foreign Affairs Office before applying.

I checked with my school and they said that same thing. Looks like currently it does not apply to education, which I'm quite surprised now because I know a lot of teachers were caught outside China when the border closed.

Hoping the next step is to allow teachers into the country 🤞