Renting a house in the provinces

Hello, can anyone help me? I am looking to rent a house in the provinces for 6k to 9k per month. I like bare or furnished. Preferably a place without loud karaoke, barking dogs, and/or roosters. I've been living in the cities for a long time and now I want country living. Any helpful advice will be appreciated thank you. Yes, I'm open to many different provinces which is why I didn't mention a specific one. Batangas would be nice though. And wherever else, besides angeles city, foreigners like to live. Thank you 😊 oops forgot to mention I'm married with children 🤣

I am in Davao and looking for someone to share a house, there are a lot of places you can afford for that amount here

I dont have any fresh info, but I have seen ok/nice houses for rent from 8000pesos per month plus electricity and water at Palawan. 
(I have seen as low as 3000p too but small and less good. Some without electricity connection.)

Because gouging has started here you probably won't get a decent place for less than 10K pesos a month. I've lived here in Baguio in a nice 2 bedroom with a secure front gate and a place to park my motorbike and have been paying 7000 pesos a month for almost 10 years. The Pinay manager here whose Kano husband passed away 2 months ago just raised my rent for me and the other American living here up to 10K pesos a month. She had no choice as she no longer has her husband's 2 pensions. I am trying to get her some compensation from her deceased husband's military as she may be eligible for it being his widow. I am tired of the loud traffic noise from the street adjacent to my apartment with trucks. motorcycles and jeepneys running here 24-7 and also tired of climbing stairs as I live on the second floor.  I have been looking for a ground floor apartment and seems they are mostly transient homes now as the general population got wind of the exodus of foreigners leaving their countries and coming here. Transient homes pay a lot more than apartments do so there is a conversion of apartments to transient homes which house 2-8 people and 30-to 100 USD ahead a night pays a lot more than renting long term. Camp John Hayes the Air Force station here has also pretty much been turned into a tourist spot with restaurants and rentals, log cabin rentals ect. I have been looking for a decent place to relocate here for about a month and a decent place is hard to find. They are also pushing sales of condos in Benguet Province.  I can't find anything online except condos for sale and transient places to rent. I have been driving around on my motorbike looking for rent signs as it's the best way to find a rental. It may be for you also when you get here. Wherever you end up theres usully places that rent motorbikes by the day week or month. Good luck and let us know how things turn out for you. Take care and good luck!

onefogarty wrote:

Hello, can anyone help me? I am looking to rent a house in the provinces for 6k to 9k per month. I like bare or furnished. Preferably a place without loud karaoke, barking dogs, and/or roosters. I've been living in the cities for a long time and now I want country living. Any helpful advice will be appreciated thank you. Yes, I'm open to many different provinces which is why I didn't mention a specific one. Batangas would be nice though. And wherever else, besides angeles city, foreigners like to live. Thank you 😊 oops forgot to mention I'm married with children 🤣

" Preferably a place without loud karaoke, barking dogs, and or roosters"

Don't forget the loud jeepneys, motorbikes & burning rubbish . That rules out about 99% of the country.
The bigger picture would of course be to vacate the Philippines  :dumbom:

Lotus Eater wrote:
onefogarty wrote:

" Preferably a place without loud karaoke, barking dogs, and or roosters"

Don't forget the loud jeepneys, motorbikes & burning rubbish . That rules out about 99% of the country.
The bigger picture would of course be to vacate the Philippines  :dumbom:

Lol 😂 Not true, lots of quiet places for those who are patient and smart enough to find them.

Lotus Eater wrote:

Do you realy know what "country" can be?  :D 
There are many places with no neighbour living within houndreds, sometimes even thousands of meters*... If forest or hill/mountain in between then shorter distance is needed to not get disturbed by neighbours.
(Although in some places people farm by burning though still. )

*E g one place I know of there are at least 300 hectares with no one living there, but still good access at one side. Over 150 of it for sale.  Perhaps I will buy some of it.

6-9K makes it difficult, with the other requirements you stated, because for that price you will be in a completely native area, where those sounds are present. Prices have gone up all over, in my estimation.

Another point would be to try and get a place that is up a little bit for more breeze. That's what I always look for.

coach53 wrote:
Lotus Eater wrote:

Do you realy know what "country" can be?  :D 
There are many places with no neighbour living within houndreds, sometimes even thousands of meters*... If forest or hill/mountain in between then shorter distance is needed to not get disturbed by neighbours.
(Although in some places people farm by burning though still. )

*E g one place I know of there are at least 300 hectares with no one living there, but still good access at one side. Over 150 of it for sale.  Perhaps I will buy some of it.

To quote one of your fellow Swedes the actress Greta Garbo: 'I want to be alone' Turned out she was a manic depressive.. :(

Lotus Eater wrote:

To quote one of your fellow Swedes the actress Greta Garbo: 'I want to be alone' Turned out she was a manic depressive.. :(

Well. I found fame was fun just the first week even with big parts of my admirers were girls...    :lol:    Since then I found it mainly annoying.

BUT I dont like living as a hermit,  I like to GO and meet people a few times per week,
although when I am at home or in other nature, then I dont want any disturbings exccept from small kids or cute animals   :)

onefogarty wrote:

Hi, have a place in Bantayan Island for rent, 8k/month has full solar system and deep well pumps so no utilities, there's some motorcycle noises on the barangay road but karaoke. Let me know if you want to see pictures.

To clarify . That's no utility bills, other than your phone/internet bills.