UDI family immigration waiting time

Hi all,

I'm new here. I was just wondering if anyone from the UK has applied for family immigration from 2021/2022.

If you have received a reply from UDI recently, how long did you wait for? (No matter what country your from)

I'm married to my husband (Norwegian citizen) been waiting 9 months, and we have another 3 months to go. We meet all the requirements, not sure why it's taking so long.

Just curious if anyone else is in the same situation as me.

@Nina Oslo I am Syrian and also still waiting from 6 months no reply except automatic email from udi every month that my application waiting to be processed in the queue.

@Nina Oslo it took me 5 months and 2 weeks to get an answer. It all depends on a number of factors like if you are both scheduled for an interview, if all documents as per checklist were delivered excetra! Lately, they're so many people getting an answer. Has your Partner tried to contact UDI to follow up? We used to call them once each month after receiving the monthly emails, then we kind of knew where we were at in the process.

@bayan. alyousef thanks for your reply. I also receive monthly emails.

@Maythe22nd thank you for your reply. We have submitted all the relevant documents, and I have tried to call them a couple of times.

When did you hand in your documents?. Also did you apply in Norway or in your home country ?

Hello,am Kenyan I applied in Feb 2022 and I got it after 6 weeks .....was told to go to police to get my residential card ....but according to the portal those who applied after 1st January have lesser waiting period compared to those who applied last year

@Nina Oslo  I think its better if your Norwegian partner calls them, cause they kind of tend to understand each other language wise. I applied from Qatar, i submitted the documents at the VFS in Doha on 23NOV21 and they were forwarded to the Nowergian Embassy in Abu Dhabi(UAE), who then forwarded to UDI. It took exactly 5 months and 2 weeks to get an answer. Basically once we received the 5th automated email, my husband called UDI and then we got to know that a case worker had been assigned on our application. An answer came in 2 weeks later, cause it was during Easter holidays.....hence the 2 weeks gap of waiting!

@Rachael1989  thank you for your message. Yes you are correct about a quicker reply after 1st January. This because UDI have updated their system.

@Maythe22nd I guess applications are processed quicker when you apply outside of Norway. Thanks for your messages, they have been very informative. Hope you have a lovely evening :)

@Nina Oslo welcome

@Nina Oslo

Hello, I guess we are not so lucky like others, I have applied since last year November and I have not received my answer till now, about 7 months now and we did the interview via VFS by January.

Let's just keep waiting may be ours we come with more grace and not by process  😊
@gplaytime

Hi thanks for your message. Although 12 months is a long waiting time, we just have to be patient and stay positive. Hopefully we will receive an answer soon.

@Maythe22nd hope you are doing well, I am just wondering if your case for family immigration was with your Norwegian partner or your partner holds a permanent residence in Norway?

@bayan. alyousef Yes, my partner is Nowergian. Theres this group on facebook for Norway immigration whereby, lots of people seems to share updates of being approved. Has your partner checked with UDI if she might be scheduled for an interview?

@Maythe22nd yes we contacted UDI and said we are still in the queue waiting to be processed 😔. I don't know why they are taking so long time like this

@Nina Oslo -

Interest to hear how things have gone with you.

I grew up in Norway and spent 25 years therefore before moving back to England. Have been back in the UK for over 15 years now and am in the process of planning a temporary move back to Norway so that my kids can spend time growing up with my twin sister and her kids who have remained in Norway for over 37 years. However, following Brexit, I understand the process is much more complicated. I have a Norwegian DUK No. and a National Insurance No (fodselsnummer), I also speak fluent Norwegian and have frequently been back and forward to Oslo over the 15 year period of being away.

My plan is to now  relocate with my wife and 3 children, but as I understand we or I may likely fall outside of the BREXIT regulation and am unsure how to best tackle it. Do we travel and remain within our 90 day allocation, during which time submit an application, hoping for the best (worst case scenario the application is declined and we get 12 - 18 months given the processing time). Best case scenarion they grant me my right to stay given my prior history.

Any thoughts welcome

@Nina Oslo I was summit all the paper what they need in Norway police station. Before that we makes appointment for that case (family unification). I'm waiting almost 4 months.

@Rachael1989 Hello Racheal...Am Ugandan I also applied and handed in on 9th March 2022 but still waiting.I just wanted to kindly know how many years are given before you have to renew again.Congratulations by the way.

@aworhasia1995 hello Aworhasia I have  3yrs residential permit....Good luck to you
Thank you...

@Rachael1989 thank you dear

@Rachael1989 hi , please did you go for an interview when you applied for your residence permit visa?

@cikechukwu254 hello ,I didn't go for any interviews.

@Nina Oslo yes it takes so long. I applied from November 2020 and got answer in September 2021

@Nina Oslo     Hello I am a nigerian which I applied for work permit since December 2021 till now am not receiving there decision on my application this is exactly 9 months of waiting time please I need an advice I don't know what to do because it's seems like am feeling insecure by longest waiting time

@gesindetaiwo don't worry it  takes 18months for them to complete your application! In 15 months they will contact you if they need anything/information or DNA!

I have applied mine since November 2021 and am still waiting so you are not alone!😜

as they said waiting time might change so hope for the best cos they can also answer you anytime!

goodluck✈️🇳🇴

Hi everyone, please is there anyone here who has applied for family immigration this year(2022) that has received his/ her visa?

@aworhasia1995 hi

have you received your family reunion visa now ?

@cikechukwu254 yes I applied this year in Feb 2022and my answer came in april 2022

@Rachael1989 congratulations to you .

@cikechukwu254 thank you and best of luck on your case

@Rachael1989 thanks .

@Rachel1989, Which country you applied from? EU or non EU country

@cikechukwu254 When did you apply and did you get an answer. I have applied but yet receiving the monthly mails.

@ADKS  non EU

@Nina Oslo Have waited for 17 months now they keep updating every month though..

Bonjour, Monsieur /Madame 

Je suis une femme burkinabée et je suis mariée à un homme de nationalité norvégienne qui vit en Norvège.

Nous nous sommes mariés au Burkina selon la loi burkinabè dans une mairie du Burkina.

Je veux vivre avec mon mari en Norvège.

Est-il possible pour moi de demander le regroupement familial? Comme j'ai 22 ans, j'ai vue sur L'uDi qu'il faut avoir au moins 24ans alors que j'ai 22ans, je suis enceinte de 6 mois et que je veux accoucher à côté de mon mari, est-ce possible pour moi de faire une demande de Regroupement Familial ? J'ai écrit à l'ambassade pour me renseigner mais il ne donne pas une réponse exacte.

Merci de m'aider svp.

Et aussi Quels documents dois-je joindre pour le regroupement familial?

@Rachael1989 wow...lucky u! Super fast how come some of us have waited for so long?

Though I had also visited Norway twice on visit visa and left the country on time ..not sure if that also added some points.i wish you all the best .

@Anita Aboagye Thanks for ur reply.. I believe that might have added some point..wish u all.the best..

@Anita Aboagye Thanks and best of luck