NOC letter from landlord - Is this any good?

My husband (American) will soon be applying for his spouse visa to join me in the UK. I'm currently working on a template for the NOC letter from the landlord. A little information first: I live with my parents and sister in a 3 bedroom house. The house is rented by my parents, although I am on the tenancy agreement too. I'm having trouble with knowing how to word and what to include in the letter, as all the examples I've seen are from people who are the sole occupant, and/or who rent the accommodation themselves.
I'm wondering if this looks any good?

Date: _/_/_

Ref: ADDRESS

RE: No Objection Letter

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

I, LANDLORD, can confirm that I am the landlord and owner of the 3 bedroom house located at the aforementioned address. This property is rented by NAME, the mother of SPONSOR. SPONSOR is also on the tenancy agreement.

I can confirm there are 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, dining room, and a bathroom at this address.
I can confirm that there are currently 4 people residing at this address, and there is adequate space for the addition of a 5th. They will not be breaking the Housing Overcrowding Act.
I have no objection to APPLICANT permanently residing at the property once he has successfully completed the visa application process to join his wife, SPONSOR.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on TELEPHONE NUMBER.

Yours sincerely,
LANDLORD
LANDLORD ADDRESS

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I must admit I'm puzzled by this.  With regards to permanent entry into the UK, there is no requirement for an NOC in the UK immigration rules (link), this is the book used by UK Border Force when deciding for or against a non-entitled person entering the UK.  Further, a NOC is a document normally associated with allaying any fears the Immigration Officer has that the person will not return to his home country at the end of his/her stay, your husband is coming here with the intention of remaining.  That said, the rules are deliberately written so as to empower the Immigration Officer to ask for anything he/she wants, so I guess they could ask for one if there was any doubt in his mind as to the authenticity of the person standing before him.

All that said, people appear to be producing these things and websites have sprung up on how to write them; if you do produce one I don't think it will affect your husband's entry into the UK.  The main thing they consider is, is the relationship a real one, or was it a marriage of convenience, designed to get around the UK Immigration Rules?

My daughter and her husband recently returned to the UK and stayed with us until they could buy something; they declared our address to UK Immigration when they applied for his visa, they did not provide a NOC, and the authorities never contacted me in any manner related to this, it could have been a garden shed for all they knew.

To answer your specific question, your letter looks fine.  If you have any doubts there are other templates on the Internet.

I hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team
Hello, and thank you very much for your reply. I've been getting quite confused by all the seemingly conflicting information I read online, so this was helpful!