E visa requirements

Hi Guys
Newbie here , filling out my E visa it is asking for an arrival date , I am uncertain of exact arrival date but only staying for 14 days so I am assuming if I arrive a few days after the date I have on the form it will be ok as I will be gone well before the 30 days.?
Also it asks which which destination entry and exit point I will use , I am going to and from HCMC so assume that is the answer?
Also the intended temporary residential address I will be staying at? Don't have one yet.?
I could assume the answers but thought I would check as I don't want a reject as I am on a tight timeline.
Cheers
Graeme
Hi Guys
Newbie here , filling out my E visa it is asking for an arrival date , I am uncertain of exact arrival date but only staying for 14 days so I am assuming if I arrive a few days after the date I have on the form it will be ok as I will be gone well before the 30 days.?
Hi there Graeme. Your assumption is correct. The e-Visa to VN is valid for entry to VN for 30 days past the stated entry date. If you arrive 2 weeks after the stated entry date, you would have only 16 days remaining.

Also it asks which which destination entry and exit point I will use , I am going to and from HCMC so assume that is the answer?
Correct, HCMC.

Also the intended temporary residential address I will be staying at? Don't have one yet.?
If you are unsure of where you will be staying, browse a booking site and choose a hotel which you might be interested in staying at. There is no penalty for changing your mind, post-arrival, and it is the responsibility of the home/hotel where you will be staying to register you with the local authorities.

I could assume the answers but thought I would check as I don't want a reject as I am on a tight timeline.
Cheers
Graeme
- @airfresh
Thanks mate, appreciate you taking the time!
ALL FIXED
ALL FIXED
- @airfresh

Good stuff.
Hi Guys
Hi there Graeme. Your assumption is correct. The e-Visa to VN is valid for entry to VN for 30 days past the stated entry date. If you arrive 2 weeks after the stated entry date, you would have only 16 days remaining.

Correct, HCMC.

If you are unsure of where you will be staying, browse a booking site and choose a hotel which you might be interested in staying at. There is no penalty for changing your mind, post-arrival, and it is the responsibility of the home/hotel where you will be staying to register you with the local authorities.

Cheers
Graeme
- @airfresh
- @Aidan in HCMC

A perfect answer, enjoy your stay here.
if you say put HCMC airport as your exit port, can you change it to say Moc Bai later, or do you have to use the port specified in the visa ?
Hi Panda. At this point in time, there is no exit port stated on the e-Visa though yes, it is required on the application. You'll note that on the application, is asks for your "intended" checkpoint.
I do not believe you will have a problem exiting through any of the 33 checkpoints which accept the e-Visa.

Bottom right of page, for "intended" point of exit.

and for the 33 checkpoints,

V. Entry & exit with an e-Visa
1. Which entry & exit checkpoints allow e-Visa holders to enter and exit Vietnam?

@panda7
here            ( if the link to a pdf will work)

dam I forgot to put my middle name in and paid ! can I edit it ? also is it First name middle last or first middle last as written on pp ? thanks
@panda7
Once paid, no, unfortunately you cannot edit it.
My suggestion is for you to wait the three days (if you have enough time for that) for approval/rejection and see what happens.

order for your names is as stated on the application form.

@Aidan in HCMC yes but on the ICAO line of my pp my name reads "last name first name middle name" ! the application form says use the ICAO line international characters...

@panda7
Good point, and good catch!

I see at the (outdated?) example page, here, that the foreigner's name is Martin Specimen.
PP is showing "SPECIMEN MARTIN".
The example line requesting "Full name in (sic) passport*", is completed as SPECIMEN MARTIN.

Contrast the example page linked above, with the actual application page, here. Big difference, but as you stated, the correct name order appears to be Family name, First name, then Middle name, seen here (and as appears on our own passports, of course).

Yet, when requesting
Personal Information (PNR)
the application asks for"Full name (First name Middle name Last name), so read literally, that is the order requested.
More than ambiguous, downright confusing.

Though I've not completed an e-Visa app myself, I have walked a visiting friend through 3 application. He has always input his name in the "Full Name" window as 1st, middle, last name, and has not had a problem to date.

The instruction to "Use international character as in ICAO line" means to use Latin letters/numbers/symbols as seen on the bottom of our own passport info page.

Again, good eye.
thanks yes I'll wait 3 days and see what they do, hopefully they've seen middle name forgets a thousand times and put it in for me...I doubt it though and will probably have to re do it. I'll enter the name as first, middle and last as you suggested for your friend.
@panda7
Hey I am facing the same problem. Where I put my full name as: family name- first name- middle name. I would like to hear from you since you have also faced this problem what is the proper way to fill it in?
@panda7
Hey I am facing the same problem. Where I put my full name as: family name- first name- middle name. I would like to hear from you since you have also faced this problem what is the proper way to fill it in?
- @Joro10

'He has always input his name in the "Full Name" window as 1st, middle, last name, and has not had a problem to date.'
OMFG!

Just follow the directions people!

I just had my 3rd consecutive eVisa approved, and I simply followed the directions.

BTW, it's an intelligence test.

Vietnam doesn't want you entering the country if you can't figure it out.

Also, there are certain people who shouldn't be asked for their opinion, since they have repeatedly shown that they themselves are clueless.

Blind leading the blind 🦮🦯
OMFG!

I just had my 3rd consecutive eVisa approved, and I simply followed the directions.

1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg

Also, there are certain people who shouldn't be asked for their opinion, since they have repeatedly shown that they themselves are clueless.

- @OceanBeach92107

1f923.svghahahaha was just thinking the same OFFS some of the posts & posters on here these days have hit rock bottom for sure!!

OMFG!

1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg1f923.svg

- @OceanBeach92107

1f923.svghahahaha was just thinking the same OFFS some of the posts & posters on here these days have hit rock bottom for sure!!

- @goodolboy
Check out the face.book group "Vietnam Visa Advice".

@PogiWayne and I have been dealing with a daily flood of similar questions there for a couple of months now.

Meanwhile, the person being asked for help here recently posted in a different thread that it would "probably be ok" to leave your middle name off of the application.

I do understand this is a challenge for some folks, but an overwhelming number of inquiries are coming from people who are 1. Within one week of travel, or 2. Have already submitted their application and are now researching after the fact (act).

So much for the "don't sweat the small stuff" attitude so common today
@Ocean
That brings back memories of Cybill Shepherd & Bruce Willis 1f923.svg
A small comment related to previous answers:

If arriving by flight at Ho Chi Minh City, you must choose the option for:

Tân Sơn Nhất airport

The option for arrival in the city is for people arriving by boat on the river.

Guys, applying for eVISA I won't need the pre approval letter?

With the eVISA do I need to pay any other fee at the airport?

@Henrique Martini Ciboto

Hi there. To answer your questions...

No, and no.

Quite straight forward, but should you have additional questions, please just ask.

Received the below-attached response for my Vietnam eVisa application

* Application status: Amending

* Denied Reason: Incorrect full name (as ICAO line).

Please enter registration code, registration email and date of birth in E-visa search menu to update application. No extra fees required.

The name on my passport is "Ankit"

What needs to be entered in full name column on the application form?

- Should it be "Ankit Ankit"?

Please enter registration code, registration email and date of birth in E-visa search menu to update application. No extra fees required.

-@Ankit04

It needs to be your full name in the same exact order appearing on your passport.

Don't try to figure out last, first, middle

Just enter your name exactly as it appears on the passport.

Unless we can see your passport, we can't tell you if you are doing it correctly.

Good luck!

-@Ankit04

Ankit, after following OceanBeach92107's advice, when you have time would you please report back to the forum your acceptance/denial from VN Immigration.

We will all benefit from your report.

-@Ankit04

On the application it asks for First name, middle name, last name. Ignore all references to ICAO. This has worked for me 7 times. Just fill in the blanks on the application with what they ask.

Please could someone help.  I have filled in the form more times than I care to recall.  However, every time I  click on "Review application form", it simply stays on the same page with no indication of what is wrong.

We fly into "Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)" with a 3 hour stop before a internal flight to CXR NHATRANG CAM RANH.  So we specified the former as point of entry, even though the latter is in the province where we are staying.  Could this be the issue?

@gjhardie

change browsers, try using a cell phone, use another computer, vpn on/off,

@pogiwayne Thanks for the advice...will post my results...btw...these attempts have been on Google Chrome from a MacBook.

@pogiwayne Many thanks!  I managed to successfully complete on my phone.  What I did notice is the "Review application form" generates a pop-up window, which by default is blocked on my browser.  Fortunately, not on my phone...so I was able to click on OK to move forward. To be clear, there was nothing actually wrong with any of the data I had entered.

Have a great day.  All the Best, G.

Hi there gihardie, and welcome to expat.com.

Glad it all worked out for you! And thank you very much for reporting back your solution.

@panda7 Yes in Vietnam it is last name, first name  middle name. Read the question carefully.

[link moderated]

@Rmhc1

...and do not use a comma between names. It will be rejected!

[link moderated]

@panda7 Yes in Vietnam it is last name, first name middle name. Read the question carefully.
[link moderated]

-@Rmhc1

If you want a visa follow the form

Have a read what it actually says :- FIRST NAME - MIDDLE NAME - LAST NAME

"https://i.postimg.cc/pXmpTJgD/Screenshot-2022-11-07-195837.png"

@panda7 Yes in Vietnam it is last name, first name middle name. Read the question carefully.
[link moderated]

-@Rmhc1

If you want a visa follow the form

Have a read what it actually says :- FIRST NAME - MIDDLE NAME - LAST NAME

"Screenshot-2022-11-07-195837.png"
-@AndyHCMC

Yesssssssss and people still do it incorrectly.

Guys I am wondering what to enter!

1. On the first page it shows <SURNAME> <FIRST NAME>
  2. On the second page instruction shows as <FIRST NAME> <MIDDLE NAME> <LAST NAME>

Can anyone who received tourist visa help in this? Which one we have to enter there? 1 or 2?

Guys I am wondering what to enter!

On the first page it shows <SURNAME> <FIRST NAME>
On the second page instruction shows as <FIRST NAME> <MIDDLE NAME> <LAST NAME>

Can anyone who received tourist visa help in this? Which one we have to enter there? 1 or 2?
-@Krishnakumar KA

Hi Krishnakumar KA, and welcome to expat.com!

This came up in this thread a little further up the page when panda7 noted what you have.

From this page, we see..

"Vietnam e-visa full name:

You must enter your full name w̲i̲t̲h̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲ ̲s̲a̲m̲e̲ ̲o̲r̲d̲e̲r̲ ̲a̲s̲ ̲o̲n̲e̲ ̲i̲n̲ ̲y̲o̲u̲r̲ ̲p̲a̲s̲s̲p̲o̲r̲t. Please note that Vietnam e-visa name order is a common mistake that applicants make when they switch the sequence of last name and first name while the request is - First name – Middle name - Last name." (Source: https://vietnamembassy-norway.org/visa- … line-form/ )

People have reported receiving their eVisa by 1st-middle-last name order, and from last-middle-1st name order.

I believe that the ambiguity stems from the translation from VN to English.

If you ask a person from VN what their "first" name is, they will tell you their family name.

The people at VN immigration reviewing the eVisa applications appear to recognize this translation confusion, and as of yet I have not seen reports of people being denied an eVisa based on incorrect name order.

Most people are inputting their names as 1st - middle - family(surname), and being approved.

Again, welcome to expat.com. When you find you have time, please let us know how you fare.

@Krishnakumar KA

First, Middle, Last just like the input blocks ask. Disregard any references to ICAO or passport order.

welcome to expats

@Krishnakumar KA
First, Middle, Last just like the input blocks ask. Disregard any references to ICAO or passport order.
welcome to expats
-@pogiwayne

So, you are advising that this updated photo on the website (I'm using the website link to the image https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/eVisa … ochieu.jpg ) should be ignored, even though their edit specifically points to the ICAO line and says THAT is the "full name"?

and the instructions on the application interface specifically says to use it?

screenshot_20221112_094505.jpg