Steps after Work Visa

Hi everyone, hope you're all well

I live in Khobar and recently got a work visa for Bahrain and will be commuting daily between both countries for work. I've read the existing threads about visas and CPRs but have some specific questions and would love to know the process and steps involved.

1) Will I need to do another medical test in Bahrain to get the CPR? I did one at a non-GAMCA approved medical center in Saudi because I was not entering the GCC for the first time

2) Can I enter Bahrain on the work visa for the first time from the causeway? If yes, what do I take with me? Will I get to do the fingerprinting there?

3) Since I will be commuting, can I leave Bahrain and come back everyday on the work visa before getting the CPR? Basically, is the work visa multiple exit-reentry? or will leaving before getting my CPR lead to my visa getting cancelled?

4) What are the next steps after getting my work visa, to getting the CPR? Do I need to stay there while it's being made, or can I leave and come back to get it? I have a residence I can give for the address on the CPR but don't want to have to stay during the process, if possible.

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance! Hope you had a good weekend.

1) Medical yes. But not for CPR, for visa / residence

2) Yes

3) Yes

Bahrain and Saudi are different. Saudi is iqama card. Bahrain CPR is an add on, on the basis of your work / residence visa.

Hi everyone, hope you're all well
I live in Khobar and recently got a work visa for Bahrain and will be commuting daily between both countries for work. I've read the existing threads about visas and CPRs but have some specific questions and would love to know the process and steps involved.

1) Will I need to do another medical test in Bahrain to get the CPR? I did one at a non-GAMCA approved medical center in Saudi because I was not entering the GCC for the first time

2) Can I enter Bahrain on the work visa for the first time from the causeway? If yes, what do I take with me? Will I get to do the fingerprinting there?

3) Since I will be commuting, can I leave Bahrain and come back everyday on the work visa before getting the CPR? Basically, is the work visa multiple exit-reentry? or will leaving before getting my CPR lead to my visa getting cancelled?

4) What are the next steps after getting my work visa, to getting the CPR? Do I need to stay there while it's being made, or can I leave and come back to get it? I have a residence I can give for the address on the CPR but don't want to have to stay during the process, if possible.

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance! Hope you had a good weekend.
-@meraleska

1) Once you complete the fingerprint you will get another medical appointment in Bahrain which has to be completed and it will cost you 20 BHD.

2) You can enter Bahrain through the causeway. When you are entering the causeway, You need to mention them you are entering on a work permit and not on a visit visa. They will send you to another office where you will be stamped for a 30 days grace period. In these 30 days, you need to complete the enrollment and Medical.

Enrollment can be booked at ams.lmra.bh Select Front Desk Services You can select Riffa Branch - Biometric Data Collection (Work Permits, Investors, Dependents and Domestics) or Sitra Branch - Enrollment (Biometric Data Collection & Flexi Permit Card Issuance) and get the appointment and complete the enrollment.

3) After you have completed the Biometrics you can go and come back it does not have any restrictions.

4) Getting CPR is a little bit tricky. Step 1 Ask your employer to update the address you are staying in the system. To get the CPR you have 2 options - Either the employer books the appointment with the PRO and you will have to stay until the CPR is issued because it will reject the issuance if you are outside Bahrain. Another option is to go to the Fastrack counter in Isatwon or Seef Mall muharraq, Show them the address proof EWA/Municipality Letter pay 20 BHD and get the CPR issued same time and you can leave. Option 1 there is no service charge except the PRO Charges.

I hope this information helps everyone.

@XTang Thanks for the quick response, you've always been so helpful on here. Really appreciate it.

If I enter through the causeway can I do my biometrics the same day? and can I leave the country before doing the medical as long as it's done within 30 days of entering?

I need to be able to come in and leave the same day for work without it being a problem to re-enter the next times, what should I do on the day I enter to make this possible?

Many thanks!

@topinsight01 Thanks for the detailed answer, very useful!

You mentioned I can leave after doing the biometrics, can I do the biometrics on the day I enter and then leave the same day? or do I need to take an appointment and wait for it while I'm in Bahrain?

Can I leave the country and come back before doing the medical and enrollment? How long does enrollment take by the way?

I don't mind paying 20BD for the fast track option, will I have to book that somewhere first before going?

@topinsight01 Thanks for the detailed answer, very useful!
You mentioned I can leave after doing the biometrics, can I do the biometrics on the day I enter and then leave the same day? or do I need to take an appointment and wait for it while I'm in Bahrain?

Can I leave the country and come back before doing the medical and enrollment? How long does enrollment take by the way?

I don't mind paying 20BD for the fast track option, will I have to book that somewhere first before going?
-@meraleska

You mentioned I can leave after doing the biometrics, can I do the biometrics on the day I enter and then leave the same day? or do I need to take an appointment and wait for it while I'm in Bahrain?  - You can take the appointment even before entering Bahrain. So you can enter on the same day complete the biometrics and exit.

Can I leave the country and come back before doing the medical and enrollment? How long does enrollment take by the way? - You will be given medical at the time of enrollment. You can come back on the day of the medical and complete the checkup. Enrollment will take a maximum of 15 Minutes.

I don't mind paying 20BD for the fast track option, will I have to book that somewhere first before going? - There is no appointment required for Fastrack. Just ask your employer to update the address. Carry your passport and residency permit Hard copy and a Passport size photo with grey Background and the address proof.

@topinsight01

Thank you VERY much for the help, I couldn't be more appreciative.

To sum it up, these would be the steps, correct?

1) Book appointment for enrollment at Sitra / Riffa through ams.lmra.bh (using the personal number given to me on my work visa)

2) Enter via causeway on day of enrollment appointment and tell them that I am entering on the work visa

3) Get enrollment done (10-15 minutes), get given medical appointment, and leave the country via causeway on the same day

4) Come back via causeway again, get medical done within 30 days, and leave on the same day

5) Go for CPR after the enrollment and medical, through fast track with documents in hand, and leave with CPR same day

Please let me know if I have understood correctly, thank you!

@topinsight01
Thank you VERY much for the help, I couldn't be more appreciative.

To sum it up, these would be the steps, correct?

1) Book appointment for enrollment at Sitra / Riffa through [link under review] (using the personal number given to me on my work visa)

2) Enter via causeway on day of enrollment appointment and tell them that I am entering on the work visa

3) Get enrollment done (10-15 minutes), get given medical appointment, and leave the country via causeway on the same day

4) Come back via causeway again, get medical done within 30 days, and leave on the same day

5) Go for CPR after the enrollment and medical, through fast track with documents in hand, and leave with CPR same day

Please let me know if I have understood correctly, thank you!
-@meraleska

Medical can take some amount of time depending upon the queue at the hospital. 1-2 Hours.

Everything else you have understood in the correct manner.