Visas To Enter Vietnam

I just want to add that I can't imagine the government having made this a more difficult process.

They have, though perhaps not intentionally. Consider #6. I'm waiting for my friend to write me back with the exact dates of his entries/exits for the past 12 months.

It seems very clear to me that given all the information requested (especially #10 that specifically requests your location outside of Vietnam) the government is doing its best to discourage people from living here long-term on serial visas.

Still, or perhaps I should say, again? (Link to related thread) I haven't look at the application today, but in the first 24hrs since being put online and activated, I had seen 3 changes to its format, member Safepeter's observation that Vietnam is (was?) now included and now your indicating that it isn't brings to 5 the number of corrections/alterations. No telling what changes all the tomorrows might bring.

I'm thinking that if I still needed to apply for 90 day visas, I would seriously consider doing my Visa run and then applying for my next Visa online outside of Vietnam.

Agreed! It does make me wonder though which country the agencies are stating when they apply on the foreigner's behalf. I guess that since the agency is itself in Vietnam that stating so would not be untruthful (if that option is available to the agencies. If not, then which country do they state?).

That might mean the need to spend three to seven days outside of Vietnam every 90 days (less if I use an agent for express services) but that looks like the only safe solution to me.
My opinion.
-@OceanBeach92107

And therein lies the silver-lining to any member stressing over this. A great excuse/motivation to stretch those legs a bit.

@OceanBeach92107 "It seems very clear to me that given all the information requested (especially #10 that specifically requests your location outside of Vietnam) the government is doing its best to discourage people from living here long-term on serial visas."           I hope no :-(   I will tell you if finally I succeeded to get this long visa, I filled 3 times the form because of my bad connection (5G is a Big joke...). You tell about 6/7 days, but for me it was always 10 days from Laos to get the new 30 days, Didn't want to enter again before I got the e-visa for 15 days. Now it's very different => 45 is more than what I got 5 times from January :-)

@sergefaure

You used psiphon before. Is that not an option now?

It seems very clear to me that given all the information requested (especially #10 that specifically requests your location outside of Vietnam) the government is doing its best to discourage people from living here long-term on serial visas. ~OB

Still, or perhaps I should say, again? (Link to related thread) I haven't look at the application today, but in the first 24hrs since being put online and activated, I had seen 3 changes to its format, member Safepeter's observation that Vietnam is (was?) now included and now your indicating that it isn't brings to 5 the number of corrections/alterations.
-@Aidan in HCMC

My neighbor just reported that she can now choose Vietnam for #10 (after not being able to do so all day yesterday).

So I'd say Peter is correct and please ignore my previous comment (I have since done my own data update)

Hi guys, just received my 90 day visa.

I applied by myself on 15th without an agent.

Feel free to ask me about the process and my answers on the form.

Maybe i can help someone who wants to go through with their application.

Hi guys, just received my 90 day visa.I applied by myself on 15th without an agent.Feel free to ask me about the process and my answers on the form.Maybe i can help someone who wants to go through with their application. -@quik1I have questions! :)How did you get your result?How did you check your status?After I completed payment, I went here to check status:https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/tracuuI entered the G01 # which is a longer number with lots of digits and periods as my "profile code"My result only shows the G01 # with "Apply Online" and "- About:"other then that, it's completely blank...It has the appearance that makes it looks like the app is bugged...

-@quik1
I have questions! smile.png

How did you get your result?
How did you check your status?

After I completed payment, I went here to check status:
[link under review]

I entered the G01 # which is a longer number with lots of digits and periods as my "profile code"

My result only shows the G01 # with "Apply Online" and "- About:"

other then that, it's completely blank...

It has the appearance that makes it looks like the app is bugged...
-@JonEM
  • Yes, that is the correct way to check the result. The english site has some issues, thats why its blank. If you switch to vietnamese your status info should show up.

• I received an email with the result and visa attached.

The status site also changed from "being processed" (in blue letters) to the details of the approved visa (in red letters)

Great news! Congratulations!

-@quik1

When answering section #6, did you enter exact dates for each entry/exit date you made within the past year, or just, as an example, something like "Sep 2022 - Aug 2023"?

Thank you very much for the report quik1

Great news! Congratulations!
-@quik1
When answering section #6, did you enter exact dates for each entry/exit date you made within the past year, or just, as an example, something like "Sep 2022 - Aug 2023"?

Thank you very much for the report quik1
-@Aidan in HCMC

thank you:)

For section #6 i entered exact dates for my last 3 visas and then one more entry for the time before that similar to your example.

Also at the end of the application i chose "thailand" as "vietnam" was not available and i figured i will enter vietnam from thailand so that made sense to me at least 1f605.svg

@Aidan in HCMC It was so hard that time that I'm even not sure that the psiphon was connected. That time I filled the first form in Vietnam on 16th, it took me 10 mn, but I didn't pay because still in Vietnam. This morning I tried to pay and got a problem with my secure bank which didn't work, then I had to fill the form again and had a problem with the districts and yard of my city (they are prefilled by software but I lose connection) and I couldn't fill these boxes. I filled a third time, by chance many words written were memorized in boxes, but it was very hard to go to the end. Then I verified just now :  https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/ is available without VPN, last time I couldn't get it, then I invested a few psiphon cash : I will use for other websites :-)

I think Vietnamese people are more friendly maybe because of the word for "you" (bạn) which means also friend, the Chinese word for you "你' doesn't mean something else and surely not friend 1f602.svg1f923.svg

Here is the official evisa application link:
https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/bothutuc/tthc?matt=26277# (adding the hashtag should load the English language version)

1. If English doesn't appear, simple toggle in the menu from "Tiếng Việt" to "English"
2. Ignore the search boxes
3. Choose the "submit application" button.
4. Agree to the pop-up
5. SUBMIT EMAIL ADDRESS to get One Time Password by email. Nothing else is possible on the application until the OTP verification code received in email is entered.
Don't attempt to upload photo or passport first.
6. Only after email OTP is verified, complete the remainder of the application.
7. Everyone who finds this to be difficult should contact a trustworthy visa agent for assistance.
8. Most visa agents are charging $40 USD to apply for a $25 USD 90 day single entry visa.
9. Multiple entry 90 day visa is $50 USD (additional visa agent fee if assistance is needed).

I just want to add that I can't imagine the government having made this a more difficult process.

It seems very clear to me that given all the information requested (especially #10 that specifically requests your location outside of Vietnam) the government is doing its best to discourage people from living here long-term on serial visas.
I previously recommended that people just put the nation of their passport in #10, but after finally having a chance to carefully read the entire application, I'd like to withdraw that recommendation.

Using the nation of your passport will most likely work initially.

However, considering it in conjunction with all of the other questions and the warnings about activities in Vietnam, it seems clear to me that the government is making sure that you clearly state what you intend to do, in case they ever want to challenge the information you provide.

My opinion.
-@OceanBeach92107

For whatever good reason, you seem very defensive about the online visa appl process.

ie. if you cannot manage to follow these 9 simple steps, you should get help

But applicants ARE having problems with the online process and are "seemingly" being steered to said agents (for reasons I can't imagine)

You say "DON'T ATTEMPT TO UPLOAD PHOTO FIRST" ie before sending email for the code.  But it doesnt inform you of this on the page. 

The order appears Photo, P/port page, then Email

On the Sites help page itself - ORDER OF EXECUTION - you are advised to "UPLOAD PHOTO FIRST"

So, which of you is correct ?

In my case, I sent 19 emails and got no reply.

Anyway, an applic form like this could very likely send smone over the edge (if he were near an edge) ie 'everyone else on Expats find it very simple and here i am, Idiot, I cant follow 9 simple steps to complete a visa applic form.  I am finished ! ' 

Ye gods 😀 

I think Agents fees are a  bit more than you quoted. They certainly are not uniformly priced. New visa, new prices

@John123470

Hi John. I've asked admin to remove the duplicate posts.

Note to new(ish) members

Duplicate posts can happen if a member posts a comment, then backs out of that page, and then goes forward back into that page again.

After posting a comment, best to hit the "Forum" button at the top of the page, navigate on the forum page to the topic you commented on, and reenter that thread. Edits can be made for up to an hour.

Usually people say I'm  "offensive", not "defensive"...😉

You say "DON'T ATTEMPT TO UPLOAD PHOTO FIRST" ie before sending email for the code. But it doesnt inform you of this on the page.
The order appears Photo, P/port page, then Email

I just finished completing the application. I uploaded the applicant's picture, and passport main page, then entered the email address and hit "Get OTP" (not sure if that's the exact text in the box next to where the email address is to be entered, but it's something similar). Within 5 minutes the security code was received, and upon entering it in the next box, it announced "Successful...", and instantaneously the passport details appeared in section #1. No need to manually enter some of the mandatory blocks. The new immigration portal reads the passport info page you'd uploaded, and inserts the applicant's name in the correct order.

On the Sites help page itself - ORDER OF EXECUTION - you are advised to "UPLOAD PHOTO FIRST"
So, which of you is correct ?

That order worked for me. Photo/Passport Info Page/Email Address/Get OTP("Get OTP", or some such).

In my case, I sent 19 emails and got no reply.

Are you still in the UAE? Have you tried using a VPN, or perhaps a proxy site? Maybe open a new topic, here (Link) to ask whether other expats are experiencing any email issues (worth a try).

Anyway, an applic form like this could very likely send smone over the edge (if he were near an edge) ie 'everyone else on Expats find it very simple and here i am, Idiot, I cant follow 9 simple steps to complete a visa applic form. I am finished ! '
Ye gods 😀

I found it quite a bit clumsy too. Some ambiguous terms, like interchanging "account number", with "registration number", and "application number". Also, as quik1 indicated here, the English search function was not working, so it had to be checked in VN. (I checked again, and the English search function now works).

Also, I kept getting an error message stating in VN what translates to "Must be a numeric entry" (paraphrasing, again). I damn well looked over and tried variations on every field which contained a number. Aggravating, as the error message does not tell you which field it is referring to. Turns out it was regarding the expenses for the Trip. I entered "$6,000" for the 90 day stay. When I rechecked after getting the error, I noticed that the "$" had been removed, leaving only "6,000". After checking/changing (and then correcting!) every numeric entry again, I removed the comma and it worked, finally! ("6000")

I think Agents fees are a bit more than you quoted. They certainly are not uniformly priced. New visa, new prices
-@John123470

I'm curious as to whether you've reached out to an agent and if so what price(s) you might have been quoted.

Terribly frustrating, but don't give up. If we can help you, we will.

Thanks very much for clarifying that Aidan.

(to whom it may concern)

I only suggested entering the email address first because my social media groups are full of people saying that they couldn't enter anything on the application until they first entered their email address.

I then checked out the process myself (by going into that page as I indicated) and first entering the email address and requesting the OTP.

Almost instantaneously my email had the OTP.

At that point I was apparently cleared to enter all of the rest of the data, which I didn't since I don't need the Visa.

I apologize to anyone who became frustrated with my instructions.

My only defense is that it seems to work either way (email request first OR, passport and photo and then email request).

I have a habit of not saying all of the warm and fuzzy words that some people would like to hear.

If my post had anyone feeling that I was belittling them because of their difficulty in processing the application, I truly regret that.

@OceanBeach92107

Good to know both ways work.

An advantage to entering the photo and passport info first is that the program then enters the applicants name (and country? can't remember) in the correct order.

The disadvantage is that immigration now has your passport details so even if a person decides not to enter/visit Vietnam, well...

:)

Aaaaaand... as of now the English "Search" function is broke again. Just change the language (no need to reenter the application number again) and the results will show, albeit in Vietnamese.

An advantage to entering the photo and passport info first is that the program then enters the applicants name (and country? can't remember) in the correct order.

Ah...and pray tell, what is the automatic correct order of the name(s)?

🤔

🤔
-@OceanBeach92107

The new application (90 day) is better, in that it states "Surname" (i.e. Last/Family name), and "Given Name". The system correctly identified the "surname", and under "given name" it input both the first and middle names.

So, as an example an applicant whose name is John D. Smith, the order appears on the app as Surname: SMITH, given name: JOHN DAVID. Though the app doesn't ask for "Middle Name", it gets automatically input with the applicants first name.

Much better than the 30 day application where it asked for "First name Middle name Last name"

🤔
-@OceanBeach92107
The new application (90 day) is better, in that it states "Surname" (i.e. Last/Family name), and "Given Name". The system correctly identified the "surname", and under "given name" it input both the first and middle names.
So, as an example an applicant whose name is John D. Smith, the order appears on the app as Surname: SMITH, given name: JOHN DAVID. Though the app doesn't ask for "Middle Name", it gets automatically input with the applicants first name.
Much better than the 30 day application where it asked for "First name Middle name Last name"
-@Aidan in HCMC

Forgive me for feeling somewhat vindicated 😉

Forgive me for feeling somewhat vindicated 😉
-@OceanBeach92107

...and entitled to gloat :)

I received my 90 day visa what is odd it only shows my last name & first name no middle. I know for sure my middle was on the form. Am I going to have trouble at immigration?

I received my 90 day visa what is odd it only shows my last name & first name no middle. I know for sure my middle was on the form. Am I going to have trouble at immigration?
-@LA-Larry

if you've got the official form printed out I doubt you'll have any problem with immigration.

The airline and airport security at your departure point is probably the only place you might run into a problem if they are being sticky about matching passports and boarding passes and visas.

-@LA-Larry

Congrats on receiving your 90 day eVisa.

Would you share with the forum how you edited your application?(Link to older post)

It would be appreciated.

@Aidan in HCMC

I had to pay another $50 there doesn't seem to be any way to edit a submitted application. 

-@LA-Larry

if you've got the official form printed out I doubt you'll have any problem with immigration.

The airline and airport security at your departure point is probably the only place you might run into a problem if they are being sticky about matching passports and boarding passes and visas.
-@OceanBeach92107

here goes nothing !!

I had to pay another $50 there doesn't seem to be any way to edit a submitted application. -@LA-Larry

Drat! That sucks.

I wrote on this thread (Link)...

"On the 90 day application site when you choose the "Search" (Link) option at the top of page, and then after you enter the long string of letters and digits + the captcha code, (hit "enter") and change the language to Vietnamese. Your application/approval details should then appear. Then on the right side choose "Quy trình" (translation, "procedure")."

Now, just above that "Quy trình" box, there's a folder named "Chi tiết" (translation: "details"). I believe that there you can amend your application, including the picture.

Too late for you, but hopefully others will read this and confirm or refute.

here goes nothing !!
-@LA-Larry

Good luck. My "gut" tells me you'll be fine

Just got back with my 90 day visa. Passport stamp shows "permitted to remain until" with the full 90 days as stated in the visa. the officer did not tell me that i should register with the local authorities every 30 days nor was there something like a flyer with relevant info. So i think i could assume i can just stay the full 90 days without any reporting as was speculated by some.

Just got back with my 90 day visa. Passport stamp shows "permitted to remain until" with the full 90 days as stated in the visa. the officer did not tell me that i should register with the local authorities every 30 days nor was there something like a flyer with relevant info. So i think i could assume i can just stay the full 90 days without any reporting as was speculated by some.
-@quik1

thanks for that feedback.

I'm getting that from multiple sources so, it seems the 2020 regulation has been superseded by the new rules

Great news for many, and definitely quashes that crazy rumor that people would still need to leave the country every 30 days

Hear ye, Hear ye !

Ye know who ye are

I got a 90 day visa. The Visa angel finally delivered 😀

Yes, i did sound "on the edge" in a recent post.  Sorry about that.  I managed to rein it in .. and step back from the abyss just in time ..  by breathing deeply and walking backwards round the block a few times (that always works)

Peace out

Hear ye, Hear ye !
Ye know who ye are
I got a 90 day visa.

Good stuff! I'm glad it came through in time.

May I ask how you got it? Self-application, or agency? If agency, what was the cost?

The Visa angel finally delivered 😀

If the "Visa angel" was an agency, I'm picturing it to be the opposite of the tooth fairy, i.e. you wake up with less money under your pillow :)

Yes, i did sound "on the edge" in a recent post. Sorry about that.

No bother. We've all been there at one time or another.

I managed to rein it in .. and step back from the abyss just in time .. by breathing deeply and walking backwards round the block a few times (that always works)

LOL! I use that one myself! It works a charm!

71sb0A2i4tL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Peace out
-@John123470

So, don't forget the forum. Would be great to get updates from you once you've settled in after your flight(s) and find you have the time.

I just got the email with visa attached, no need to search it anywhere...

But the last two lines are strange :

" THỜI HẠN TẠM TRÚ THEO PHÉP CỦA CƠ QUAN QUẢN LÝ XUẤT NHẬP CẢNH

Length of stay is subject to permission by Immigration Authority

GHI CHÚ:

Annotation 0    "

GHI CHÚ:
Annotation 0  "
-@sergefaure

Correct

Good news for you. Congrats!

Meaning your "Valid from" and "Until" dates at the top of the eVisa page are subject to revocation, i.e. you (or any visitor on an eVisa)  can have these dates changed/shortened/withdrawn in the event immigration decides there is reason, in which case the eVisa holder would be "asked" to exit Vietnam.

GHI CHÚ:
Annotation 0  "

No special notes, eg. accompanied by children.

-@sergefaure

Glad you received your eVisa, and thanks very much for letting us know.

Stress relieved a little bit now? :)

I received my 90 day visa today.

Some lessons I learned:

1. The email address needed to be entered first with nothing else on the application, in order to get the code to confirm your email address. The first 2 times I put the personal photo and passport photo in and then the email address. I never received my confirmation email code. A quick search and I found a post stating that I should not put in the photos but only the email address and then submit for the OTP. That worked and the OTP email arrived within a minute.

2 I applied from Vietnam and put that in the provided drop down box. It took awhile to fill out the new 90 day evisa and pay for it. When I finished my application and submitted it, I received a message that I had taken too long to complete and needed to log in again and restart over. I was not impressed but I decided to check my email and see if it was accepted. Sure enough, I had an email with the application details stated it had been submitted.

3 Using the ID code, I logged in so I could pay the fee of $50 USD for my evisa. I was forwarded to the payment site, entered all my credit card details correctly (VISA CC) and clicked on the “continue “ button. My payment was rejected because the expiration date was incorrect. The message stated I needed to redo my application as the payment had failed. I checked my email but there was no confirmation of payment. I logged in once more and attempted to pay again. I entered the same credit card data and clicked on the continue button. This time the payment was successful. I promptly received an email confirming payment. My credit card showed the payment also.

Three days to the hour, I received my 90 day evisa. I checked all the details on it and everything was correct. Yes!!

The old 30 day eVisa site, here (Link) no longer has a forwarding link to the new 90 day eVisa site, here (Link).

It also appears that the old 30 day site is still accepting applications.

Oh my. I'm guessing this will definitely lead to some confusion and further stress for would-be applicants, especially since a Google search for "Vietnam eVisa", or "Vietnam visa"(Links to Google search) give results where the 30 day site is the first hit.

I received my 90 day visa today.
Some lessons I learned:
1. The email address needed to be entered first with nothing else on the application, in order to get the code to confirm your email address. The first 2 times I put the personal photo and passport photo in and then the email address. I never received my confirmation email code. A quick search and I found a post stating that I should not put in the photos but only the email address and then submit for the OTP. That worked and the OTP email arrived within a minute.

Actually, both ways work (Link).

2 I applied from Vietnam and put that in the provided drop down box. It took awhile to fill out the new 90 day evisa and pay for it. When I finished my application and submitted it, I received a message that I had taken too long to complete and needed to log in again and restart over. I was not impressed but I decided to check my email and see if it was accepted. Sure enough, I had an email with the application details stated it had been submitted.
3 Using the ID code, I logged in so I could pay the fee of $50 USD for my evisa. I was forwarded to the payment site, entered all my credit card details correctly (VISA CC) and clicked on the “continue “ button. My payment was rejected because the expiration date was incorrect. The message stated I needed to redo my application as the payment had failed. I checked my email but there was no confirmation of payment. I logged in once more and attempted to pay again. I entered the same credit card data and clicked on the continue button. This time the payment was successful. I promptly received an email confirming payment. My credit card showed the payment also.

Now that is a potentially aggravating/confusing bug which I hope immigration works out soon. That, and the English "Search" function being nonfunctional.

Three days to the hour, I received my 90 day evisa. I checked all the details on it and everything was correct. Yes!!
-@Markdgal

Good to hear of your success. Thank you for the report Markdgal !

Hear ye, Hear ye !
Ye know who ye are
I got a 90 day visa.
Good stuff! I'm glad it came through in time.
May I ask how you got it? Self-application, or agency? If agency, what was the cost?
The Visa angel finally delivered 😀

If the "Visa angel" was an agency, I'm picturing it to be the opposite of the tooth fairy, i.e. you wake up with less money under your pillow smile.png
Yes, i did sound "on the edge" in a recent post. Sorry about that.

No bother. We've all been there at one time or another.
I managed to rein it in .. and step back from the abyss just in time .. by breathing deeply and walking backwards round the block a few times (that always works)

LOL! I use that one myself! It works a charm!
71sb0A2i4tL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Peace out
-@John123470
So, don't forget the forum. Would be great to get updates from you once you've settled in after your flight(s) and find you have the time.
-@Aidan in HCMC

It was an agent.  I paid $80 for 90 day / multiple exit / re entry.  Took 3-4 days

Applying online seems a bit hit and miss.  Some are lucky, some are not, just be thankful etc ..

Re walking backwards around the block a few times to destress.  It does work but you have to put heart and soul into it.  No pussyfooting and looking apologetically over your shoulder.  Head down, march backwards with purpose.  The amount of people whose toes i stepped on !

Some were forgiving (".. he's probably trying  for a Vietnam visa online..")

Others were less so and we had to be separated but .. it did take my mind off applying for the visa online

I recommend this activity every hour while applying online

The old 30 day eVisa site, here (Link) no longer has a forwarding link to the new 90 day eVisa site, here (Link).
It also appears that the old 30 day site is still accepting applications.
Oh my. I'm guessing this will definitely lead to some confusion and further stress for would-be applicants, especially since a Google search for "Vietnam eVisa", or "Vietnam visa"(Links to Google search) give results where the 30 day site is the first hit.

Well, there has now been an update on the old eVisa application page. Using the older portal, you can now apply there for the 90 day eVisa.

Though requesting a bit more information than when it was a 30 day application, it certainly looks to be a lot less complicated than the newer application process. No waiting for an OTP code, fewer details required regarding prior visits to VN, etc.

Nice to see immigration attending to this. Good job, guys.

It was an agent. I paid $80 for 90 day / multiple exit / re entry. Took 3-4 days

That $80, if it included the $50 application cost for multi-entry, was a very good deal indeed. $30 to save yourself the aggravation. Even if it was on top of the $50 cost for the eVisa, some would still consider it worthwhile.

Applying online seems a bit hit and miss. Some are lucky, some are not, just be thankful etc ..

I'm wondering whether it might have to do with your current host country's (UAE?) email protocol.

Re walking backwards around the block a few times to destress. It does work but you have to put heart and soul into it. No pussyfooting and looking apologetically over your shoulder. Head down, march backwards with purpose. The amount of people whose toes i stepped on !
Some were forgiving (".. he's probably trying for a Vietnam visa online..")
Others were less so and we had to be separated but .. it did take my mind off applying for the visa online
I recommend this activity every hour while applying online
-@John123470

LOL! Sound advice indeed! :)

As of today, applicants have the option of using the old/original eVisa application portal (see my post just above this). Hopefully this will make the whole process simpler than the rigmarole reported by some applicants.