School options for expats

I will be relocating with my family in 2023. Are kids allowed to enroll in school in Mauritius if we are on a premium visa? Then what are our options as expats as we are not planning on doing the private school system. The school I have found that is more in our budget is St Nicholas Grammar school. Any other suggestions of schools in this price range? Under RS10 000 per child per month. Preferably I would have wanted them to attend a local  English medium school but not sure if that is an option for expats.

Yes we are on premium visa and daughter attends the West coast high school.  I cant answer questions on other schools as we only looked at the private ones.  I do know there are two tier rates - one for locals and one for expats.  May well apply across all schools.

@davinawakefieldtravel which area will you be living in?  If you're going to be in the north I can highly recommend Summit prep. Run by a fantastic South African lady.

How old are the children and where roughly will you be staying. My 2 children attends Dukesbridge Primary at Trianon and they also have various locations around the island. You need to also think about the location where you think you want to rent or buy a house because it can cost around rs4000 to rs4500 per child for transport per months, unless you want to drop your children yourself everyday. There is also the options of homeschooling that you can do for a period of up to 2 years but that requires 1 parent to be at home, it can be convenient if want your children to study at their own pace. It is roughly around rs7500 to rs8000 per months for primary and goes up considerably for secondary.

@davinawakefieldtravel

Hello,

Dukesbridges and also Royal Rock School have good reviews .

Hope it helps.

Welcome to Mauritius.

David !

Thanks everyone for the advice. Where we settle will depend mainly on where we find an affordable school. I will drive my kids myself. At the moment it is looking a lot like Quatre Bornes will work for us considering rent and school costs.

You might be interested to check out this alternative school

https://odysseedusavoir.org/