Residency permit

Hello everyone, some advice please. My residency permit will expire in January, I plan on leaving Turkey in February to return to my home country. My question is, will I have to apply for a new permit in order to leave the country? And will I be fined or banned from re-entering Turkey at a later stage. I plan on applying for my citizenship from my home country.

Hello everyone, some advice please. My residency permit will expire in January, I plan on leaving Turkey in February to return to my home country. My question is, will I have to apply for a new permit in order to leave the country? And will I be fined or banned from re-entering Turkey at a later stage. I plan on applying for my citizenship from my home country.
-@Yusuf Cullen

You don't need a new residence to leave Turkey. You can leave Turkey at anytime. But if you don't plan to renew your temporary residence permit then when it expires in January you should leave then or when it expires. Otherwise you will be overstaying in the country, and it could possibly effect your future application for citizenship in Turkey if that's what you mean by applying for citizenship from your home country.

If you overstay then you will need to pay a fine before you leave, if you don't pay the fine then you can be banned anywhere from 3 months to 5 years. Most of the time they are handing out 5 year bans depending on how long you overstayed, and if you refused to pay the fine at the airport.