Medical to Bahrain from Singapore

Hi. I'm a Filipino working in Singapore as IT Analyst

I am planning to apply and work in Bahrain.

Would just like to ask if someone's familiar with the process on the medical?

1. Do I have to travel back to the Philippines to do GAMCA?
  2. What's the difference between GAMCA and LMRA approved clinics? Which medical should I secure?
  3. Since there's no GAMCA/LMRA accredited clinics in SG, should I use and attach the Non-GAMCA medical checkup form instead of going back to the Philippines?

thank you.

To keep it simple, GAMCA / LMRA clinics are for specific countries.  If your country doesn't fall into that list, you can get the medical done in any accredited facility.  Just make sure to download the form from LMRA website and make sure that the clinic fills / stamps it accordingly.

@XTang hi there. Thanks for the response.

as how I understood it, even though I am a Filipino but since I'm currently residing in Singapore and there's no LMRA/GAMCA accredited clinic here, I just have to secure the form with necessary stamps on it. Please confirm

also same with other GCC countries, I have to undergo another set of medical in Bahrain for residence ID/workpass.

Yes to both.

Not related to the topic. Let me know should I need to open a new thread

is BHD 2500 a good monthly salary for IT?

I'm single. Just can't get accurate information in google for the cost of living in Bahrain.

Yes it is a comfortable salary.   There are also cost of living threads in this forum as well as questions from other users about salary ranges.  Use search.

@XTang thanks so much. Really appreciate it

congrats and hope your medical results are favourable.

2500 bhd generally speaking is enough or even more than enough.

may i know what role and which industry in IT? government or private or MNC?

are you alone or with family?

If with family, you need to consider school fee or other allowances.

One more important tips:

NEVER RESIGN BEFORE YOU GET THE VISA APPROVAL FROM LMRA.

Signing contract with your employer doesn't mean automatically your working visa will be approved. this usually will take some times.