Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Last activity 03 January 2024 by Bhavna

shonaJudge64

@jg433jg  Hi I am Shona and I currently live in Menorca with my hubby. We are interested in chatting to you about life in Galacia particularly Ourense as we are thinking of relocating. We are thinking of possibly looking for a house close to the Camino del Santiago. Best wishes, Shona

shonaJudge64

@jg433jg

Hi my name is Shona. I am British and currently live in Menorca with my hubby. We are thinking about relocating to Galacia possibly the Ourense area but not sure as yet. We are hoping to buy a house on the Camino and do B&B. We would love to hear from you or anyone else on the forum for any tips about finding such a property or life in general in Galacia, good and bad!! Best wishes to all our fellow expats out there in Spain.

RibeiraSacra
@jg433jg
Hi my name is Shona. I am British and currently live in Menorca with my hubby. We are thinking about relocating to Galacia possibly the Ourense area but not sure as yet. We are hoping to buy a house on the Camino and do B&B. We would love to hear from you or anyone else on the forum for any tips about finding such a property or life in general in Galacia, good and bad!! Best wishes to all our fellow expats out there in Spain.
-@shonaJudge64

Hi I live in Lugo and I have run a Casa Rural. (B&Bs in this part of Spain are not a thing. All accommodation for tourists in Galicia has to have a licnce.

There are agents to avoid. I am not going to write about them on an open forum.1f609.svg

orenedlareg

@contactusjob2016 Hi I am Gerald and I am a Filipino who looking for a job in Spain and also accommodation when I land in Spain this coming November 15, 2023.

Liza Sheehy

@Julien Hello Everyone👋🏼 My name is Liza and my husband and I are planning on moving to Barcelona from NYC. I was looking for a helpful and friendly forum for expats and future expats, and I found this one😍.

I know there is so much to do,  I want to understand what is required to move.  Ideally I would like to get as much of the paperwork done before we move, if that is even possible. Oh as well as learn how to Spanish! Tips anyone? We both have Irish citizenship, and pets 🐶🐶🐱

CamilaParradelCastillo

I am Camila Parra del Castillo, a passionate traveler who loves to explore destinations and cultures. I have traveled through countries from paradisiacal beaches to mountainous landscapes. Every trip is an opportunity to grow, learn and enjoy new experiences. I share my adventures with friends and family, seeking to inspire others to discover the world. My heart beats to the rhythm of travel, creating unforgettable memories on every journey. 1f60d.svg

Bhavna

Welcome all to Expat.com @orenedlareg, @Liza Sheehy, @CamilaParradelCastillo

Thank you for joining our forum. We are very pleased to read your introductions, it gives us an idea of who you are and what you are looking for.

For newcomers, please read the Living in Spain guide for expats for all first hand infos.

If you want to reach out to members to make new connections or just to seek advice, feel free to open your own thread on the Spain forum.

All the best

Bhavna

stephaniesadler23

Hi everyone! I'm Steph. I'm living in Tenerife with my husband and two kids. We moved here in January after 16 years in London. I'm originally from New York. I've also lived in Colombia. My husband is from Tenerife and his parents still live here. We moved to escape the chaos of the city and so the kids could be closer to one set of grandparents. For work, I freelance as a content writer and social media strategist in the fields of travel, study abroad, and art. I also have an Etsy shop ***. Currently working on improving my Spanish and exploring these beautiful islands!

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Self-promotion
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
pascalFFM

born north est France. Living almost in german speaking countries and US. Want to enjoy sunny spain and improve my language skills. castillano.

know already some people from exotic spain like galicia and cataluna.

1f60e.svg

gatomalomalo

Hi! My Name is Hito and I live in Spain and I work for a Bank, and I am Apasionate to turist, so if you need some advice about how to open an account in Spain or get a mortgage to buy your home here, I can help you.

sjoyful83

@Julien I am a student of philosophy in Madrid, from Uganda, and very happy to be in this heart of Spain. It will be good to connect with friends who help make life in Spain meaningful. Thanks.

Bhavna

@sjoyful83 hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to participate on the Madrid forum to get in touch with members

All the best

Bhavna

alkazar54

@Julien Hi, I’m Alan 68 retired Engineering Manager, currently living in the UK with a casa in Almeria. Looking at taking up residency with NLV’s for my Wife & I. Picked Almeria Province as there’s better value for money, the area we chose is quiet but has every facility & service in walking distance. Been doing the 90 day trips backwards & forwards doing the renovations, but having issues with Architects & Obras Menor applications, so its sloooow.

Guess that’s it for now 😃

Alan

Breitenfeldjessica

Canadian looking for an apartment in Barcelona- after having lived here for 8 years already. Run an event company and keynote at events on women´s empowerment. Got a pitbull, a husband and a great community of women entrepreneurs. Hoping to meet cool people who do interesting things.

Breitenfeldjessica

@gatomalomaloHello, what are the mortgage rates today? 10-30% thanks

Bhavna

@Breitenfeldjessica Hello and welcome !

I suggest that you post a "looking for" advert in the Housing in Barcelona and that you open a new topic on the Barcelona forum to seek advice from members already in Barcelona.

All the best

Bhavna

infodom

@Julien

Hello Julien and everyone else reading this forum. I am Nola and I live in Ohio.  My husband was native from Granada, Spain and sadly passed away a little over 5 years ago.  [Housing ad]

Bhavna

@infodom

Hello and welcome !

If you want to put your properties up for sale or rent, please create an advert in the proper section of the website : Housing in Spain

All the best

Bhavna

infodom

Thank you Bhavna, I will.

alkazar54

Hi All !

New to the Forum. 68 & retired. Moving to Tabernas within 6 months hopefully, all down to house sale in the UK and NLV processes. We have had a house in Tabernas for nearly a year, just keep  popping over for 6 weeks at a time whenever we can to do some renovations. No doubt I will be posing some issues ar times

Alan D

Bhavna

@alkazar54

Welcome on board Alan !

Wish you success in your expat move.

Feel free to interact with members of the Almeria forum should you need info or just want to chat.

All the best

Bhavna

Charlotte Wesley

Hi I am from UK and just moved in Spain together with my dog named Tarzan wink.png, It's nice living here actually. Hope to see new friends.

Cheryl

Hello Charlotte Wesley,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Where exactly are you in Spain?

How was the process of bringing Tarzan to Spain, and was it straightforward or challenging?

How has your expat life been so far? Are you adapting well to your new environment?

Feel free to start a new thread on the Spain forum to tell more about your personal experiences.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

rolinrole

Hello everyone,

I'm American, born in Venezuela. I've been in the United States for 34 years.

I want to move to Valencia with my wife.

I am the Director of Marketing at a food company, and she works at American Airlines. We both speak English and Spanish.

We are just beginning to research the steps to take. Any advice you can give us is welcome.

Greetings.

shonaJudge64

@stephaniesadler23 Hi Steph, Hope you are settling in to your new life in Tenerife! I live in Menorca with my hubby. We are semi retired and enjoy gardening, walking, swimming and generally out doors living! I am passionate about creativity and nature. I am currently doing an online course weaving and constructing art from natural materials of which there is abundance here in Menorca. Unfortunately we will need to move soon, that's another story! We were wondering if you could give us an impression of what it is like as an expat living in Tenerife? Thanks!

Bhavna

@shonaJudge64

Hello, feel free to send the member a private message to make sure that she sees your post or receive your message.

Members are not always notified when they are addressed on the New Members thread.

To send a private message to someone, click on their username and choose "send message"

Regards

Bhavna

cxmelga

Hello

My name is Charlie

I was born and live in England therefore ai am a UK citizen. However, as my mother was Irish, I am also considered and Irish citizen and therefore hold and Irish passport too.

Although, I work and pay tax in the UK.

I am looking to retire early (around 59 years old) to Valencia region. I have lots of questions which is why I joined this forum.

Thanks  everyone

Charlie

Patriciasen86

Hi Everyone,

I am Patricia born in France but currently working in Spain as a currency consultant. Nice to be here.

Cheryl

Hello Patriciasen86,

Feel free to start a new thread on the Spain forum to ask your questions if you have any. 1f601.svg

Where exactly in Spain?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Allan612

Hi all

Allan & Andrea here, originally from Scotland, but now  retiring to Manilva in October, from Florida, where we have lived and ran our own pool service business for the past 5 yrs.

We love this area of Spain and looking forward to living there, but I’m sure we’ll still have lots of questions that this forum can help with

Cheers

A&A

Bhavna

@Allan612

Hello and welcome on board Allan and Andrea !

Hope you enjoy your experience on the forum and find any information you might be looking for.

In due time, feel free to create a thread on the Malaga forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

relevance

@Julien

Hello Im Joe,

I’m currently living in Spain - la Cala

I am looking to start work immediately.  I have experience in sales, mostly in alternative financial markets and recently in claims.

if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be super.

Tony Lo

@Julien
Hello Im Joe,
I’m currently living in Spain - la Cala
I am looking to start work immediately.  I have experience in sales, mostly in alternative financial markets and recently in claims.
if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be super.

-@relevance

Good morning

it's difficult to find work in spain?

Cody Allen

Hi,

I am new on here, myself, husband and our 2 young children are looking at relocating from England to the Valencia Region of Spain ideally in the next 6-8 months once our house has sold.

My partner is a self-employed plumbing, heating and gas engineer what are job opportunities like in this field?

I am a Finance Manager and hoping to keep my job for at least 6 months and WFH once out in Spain and then find work out there.

Our spanish is very basic and this is something we are going to be intensly learning over the next few months especially our children as otherwise we will need to pay for their british school.

I look forward to any and all advice on how we can get the ball rolling and tips etc.

Thanks in advance

Claudio Personal Trainer

Hi, I'm Claudio from Barcelona, originally from the UK.

I'm a personal trainer, sports coach and weight loss coach (speciality).

Love Barcelona, been here a while now and no plans to leave 1f603.svg

Message me if you need anything!

kristinrodriguez321

@Julien

My family and I are moving to Spain in December and staying until the end of May early June. We are a family of 5 and are planning on bringing my mother in law also. Our kids are 8, 6 and 3 years old. We have been trying to decide on living in Barcelona or Seville or even along the coast. My husband is coming with the intent of helping with water polo, he is a professional coach that is on sabatical. I am a teacher in California. I have taught IB Biology for many years.

Bhavna

@kristinrodriguez321

Hello and welcome on board !

Thank you for your introduction.

I would recommend that you start your own topic on the Spain forum to seek advice from members. I am sure they will be able to guide you.

You may also read the Spain Expat Guide to help you with all first-hand infos.

All the best

Bhavna

lisadelamare

@Julien Hello I am a very new this Forum and I am still not sure how this works, I did send a message on hear but where do I find my replys on this.  I get alot of other people's notes on there but not sure where I can find them?

Are you able to give me some tips please my email address is ***

Thank you

Lisa

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Bhavna

@lisadelamare

Hello Lisa,

Welcome on board !

The aim of the forum is to exchange info on expatriation.

You have an open thread here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1047052

To view your posts, you may click on your photo on the top right and select activity log.

Regards

Bhavna

Wacdis Software

Hi!

I'm Ross Alex, CEO of Wacdis Software. I'm from Ukraine, living in Barcelona for 2 years, and 9 years in Spain. Nice to meet you all smile.png

I have the huge experience in a website development, so if you have a questions about it, ask me!

Also, if someone are living in Barcelona, I'd like to meet on a coffee!

Cheers!

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Spain

• Working in Tenerife
    Working in Tenerife

Are you looking for a job in Tenerife? While there are certainly opportunities, especially for fluent Spanish ...

• Internet in Spain
    Internet in Spain

Whether for work or play or keeping in touch with friends and relatives abroad, getting online will most likely be ...

• Working in the Canary Islands
    Working in the Canary Islands

The Canary Islands is Spain's southernmost autonomous community, an archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean, more ...

• Popular neighbourhoods in Seville
    Popular neighbourhoods in Seville

Once you have decided to make the beautiful city of Seville your home, the next order of business is finding a ...

• Accommodation in Madrid
    Accommodation in Madrid

Madrid, the bustling capital of Spain, is a popular destination for thousands of expatriates each year. With its ...

• Working in Valencia
    Working in Valencia

Valencia is the capital of the autonomous community of Valencia, an attractive port city with beautiful beaches, a ...

• Customs in Spain
    Customs in Spain

Before traveling to Spain for your new life abroad, you will need to be aware of the country's ...

• Developing your social circle in Seville
    Developing your social circle in Seville

For many people, building a new circle of friends is one of the most daunting aspects of being an expat. Missing ...

All of Spain's guide articles