New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

@surah1636 hello Surah. Am Merryl, a kenyan citizen and currently living in kenya. Am eager to welcome you to my motherland and trust me you gonna enjoy your stay here.

Am eager to show you around and also to help you settle in. Kindly reach out

Thank you

@Julien thanks Julien.

Am Merryl, a newbie on this forum. Am a 27 year old kenya citizen currently in Nairobi county.

Am eager to connect and make friends with everyone on this forum.

Welcome to kenya, hakuna matata

Hello everyone,

Am Meryl, a kenyan citizen and currently in Nairobi.

Am glad to be in this forum because am going to make a lot of friends and we gonna grow together.

Thank you all

My regards

Welcome on board @Meryl !

I've come across some of your posts on the forum and it seems that you are looking for a job.

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Nairobi section of the website should you want to land an opportunity.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi all

My name is Richard, I've been in Kenya since 2013, working in the non-profit sector. I joined the forum as there are some intricacies of living in Kenya, purchasing vehicles, dealing with taxes, residency permits etc which often find answers in shared experiences. I already started another chat on one such question - hoping to find and share answers!

All the best

Richard

Hello and welcome on board, Richard !

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna awesome what a good job your doing

@priyasangra are you in Kenya already?

@nosknosk Hello !

I would invite you to introduce yourself in a few words (you are on the introduction thread afterall).

Thank you

Bhavna

Hi all, my name is Lucille from Zambia. My plan is to relocate to Nairobi with my family for a fresh start. I have an accounting and finance background . I hope this forum can help me with sharing their expereinces about how others managed to migrate to Nairobi from their home countries, got jobs and are now settled.

@musanzika2001 Hello and welcome on board !

I would suggest that you participate on existing threads of the Nairobi forum to enquire from members.

Have you already secured a job ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien

Hello All,

It's quite a great pleasure of being on This amazing platform, I am a certified female massage therapist based in Nairobi,Have worked on well establishment thus I have been able to interact with people and clients from all diversity across the world,self driven,very passionate ,good code of ethicsand understanding with my warm welcoming nature...

Looking forward to making new connection,newclientelle as well as good friends from this platform..

Experience from the best and always remember HEALTH is WEALTH.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Self-promotion
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Nancy254

Hello Nancy, welcome on board !

Thank you for introducing yourself however, please note that the forum should remain advertising free. Should you want to offer your services to members, I suggest that you register your services in the Kenya Business Directory.

Thank you in advance

Bhavna

@Julien Thank you Julien

@Julien hi Julien, not sure if i am doing this in the right way but i'll give it a go. 

i'm looking at a move to Kenya, specifically Nairobi in the 2 years.  hoping to relocate permanently thereafter.  i have a small bespoke furniture design and build company in dublin ireland. I also project manage refurbishments of medium to large commercial properties - specifically restaurants and high end finishing in businesses such as yoga studios, gymnasiums etc. 

i am keen to make the transition to nairobi, and i would like to eventually find some work there doing similar, with a plan to perhaps set up a small company, and also begin to help train and employ local people to a competent standard.  my apologies - i did not mean to write a resume, but hopefully you can point me in some kind of direction, if only where best to start etc.  i guess i should join here and subscribe that would b e a good start!!

looking forward to communicating with you, have a great day

david smithson

Hello, im lauretta

I am a malawian who just moved to Nairobi.

@smithsonD

Hello and welcome !

Thank you for your introduction !

I would suggest that you read the articles of the Living in Kenya guide for expats to gather as much information as possible. Also, feel free to start your own topic on the Nairobi forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

@Lauretta M

Hello, welcome on board Lauretta M !

how are you finding Nairobi so far ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien

Greetings my name is Yaqeen and i am new to Kenya and expat.com. I'm from the States.  I am presently in Mombasa looking for work as a chef. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

@Yaqeen Bin Phillipe

Hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs section to put forward your skills.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/africa/ke … ml?offer=0

All the best

Bhavna

Hello, so good to be here. My name is Hiport, a Ugandan currently living in Nairobi and, planning to settle here. Currently, am searching for jobs in the field project management but am also passionate about farming. Otherwise,  I appreciate this platform to network.

@Ashah992

hello and welcome on board !

Feel free to create your CV in the Job offers in Kenya section of the website for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hi Everyone,

My name is Victor. I'm a Kenyan citizen, and I often travel around Africa for work. Looking to connect with and interact with expats based in Kenya with whom I can collaborate with for work.

I look forward to interacting with you all, and hopefully making your stay in Kenya more pleasant.

Hi all,Newbie on the Kenya forum? Don't know how to start?This thread is for you We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kenya if you are planning to move there.It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.Welcome on board!

-@JulienHi Everyone,My name is Victor. I'm a Kenyan citizen and I frequently travel around Africa for work. Looking to connect with expats based in Kenya with whom I can collaborate for work.I look forward to interacting with you all, and hopefully making your stay in Kenya more pleasant.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056287

Thanks!

Closed