Menu
Expat.com

Labour court

Last activity 23 January 2023 by theknightcookie

Hi all,

I had a friendly settlement last week (1st session) my company did not turn up. I was informed from the labour representative that I will have a session 2 and I will receive a text. I followed up a week later to inquire about my second session and I was informed that my case has now moved directly to the court. I asked, who and why? The friendly settlement informed me the labour representative who read your my case study has suggested to send this directly to court. He said it could be because the company didn’t show up or felt the case was strong and sent directly to court.

Now I am waiting for further updates and what I need to do next.

My question is, I have family and children back in Dubai and I want to return back asap. What makes things worse, I didn’t get my Dec salary as I didn’t agree with the settlement as they had my Dec pay and settlement together and they wanted me to sign the paper which I refused to do so. (All mentioned in my case)

is there anyway I can request my court case to be done on urgent basis as I’m out of job, almost evicted from my apartment back in Dubai and kids from school due to not paying as I’m strapped with cash! Could I request to leave the country and do this labour court remotely by getting approval and without causing any problems in the future if I attend to visit KSA?

Anyone who could shed some light or experience in this?

Thanks!

Sikandar Abdullah

Hi 👋

Hope you are fine and hope Allah will give you sabar for this.

As you are saying you have to go Dubai and your family is there and you want it urgent , as per concern my experience with labour courts they will take lots of time if your company isn't coming to join sessions .

If you really want to leave in this situation better you go labour court and ask to them that can I follow this case from an other country ..

It's not easy because when you will win the case you need also stamp from labour court

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t mind doing the case back in Dubai if that is possible! That way I can look for a job and be with my family. The friendly settlement has moved this to the court and now I’m figuring out which court as they didn’t tell me. So I have raised a complaint which they will figure out and let me know. I know if I wanted to file a case I have to fill out an application online and I’m hoping that is not the case as I’m waiting for them to revert back what to do next. I will be furious if they do say I need to fill out this application online when I could have done this from the start.

let’s see what happens!

Hi,

Anyone knows what happened once you file your case via Najiz? I have submitted my document since last week and till date I’ve not hear back. Anyone been through this process and can share their experience . Thanks

theknightcookie

If you need a lawyer that can assist you and represent you in the court while you're abroad perhaps i can help you.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles