Menu
Expat.com

car people, car supplies, waxes, etc Cebu

Last activity 19 January 2023 by Larry Fisher

Larry Fisher

Since I have this cheap but brand new car, and I see my honey hand wiping it down before our drive tomorrow to the city. It made me wonder.....

Would it even be possible to find RainX in it's liquid form here? I have a staff that could "wax-on, wax-off" for days at very little cost. I mean the wiper fluid from the dealership is just plain water. So it leads me to believe getting waxes and products for your car is harder to find?

Moon Dog

@Larry Fisher I just checked Lazada and Shopee and they both sell Rain X and products such as Turtle Wax. You may get a counterfeit product if you're not careful so check the "LazMall" box on Lazada to be sure it is a legit product.

Cherryann01

Wax-on, Wax-off - sounds like a job for Mr Miyagi to me1f923.svg

taccity

@Larry Fisher

Even in Tacloban here I can find about 4 different car wax brands with no problem.  Have not looked for Rain X but would not surprise me if they had it.  Many fairly large stores here are Auto parts and accessories only so most stuff for auto's is available.  If not there is Shopee or Lazada online buying options.

Eric L.

Living in Tacloban

taccity

@Larry Fisher

Ha, ha cheap but brand new car.  Sounds like my 2014 Hyundai Eon. I bought brand new  Cheapest car I could find.  No problems whatsoever with it. 

Regards, Eric L.

Living in Tacloban

Larry Fisher

Old trucker habit. RainX for glass in original liquid form, applied many times virtually eliminates the need for wipers in the rain. And as we know, it tends to rain a bit here. I always put an extra few coats on my semi windshield as fall began and winter snows were near to start. This made a HUGE difference in basically eliminating snow buildup and freeze on the wipers. Not that we have to worry about that here. I have not found the RainX original but I did order another product that looks identical and may be RainX rebranded. I'll report my findings later.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

• Work in Manila
    Work in Manila

Manila, also referred to as the National Capital Region, is the capital city of the Philippines and the ...

• Setting up a business in the Philippines
    Setting up a business in the Philippines

In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia, attracting ...

• Work in the Philippines
    Work in the Philippines

With its thriving business sectors, skilled workforce, and a government committed to enhancing employment ...

• Work in Cebu
    Work in Cebu

What are the career prospects for expats in Cebu? How to proceed to find a job there? What is the work culture and ...

• Work in Davao
    Work in Davao

Located in Mindanao, Davao is a very dynamic city in economic terms, providing many professional opportunities for ...

• Work in Cagayan de Oro
    Work in Cagayan de Oro

Cagayan de Oro, officially known as the City of Cagayan de Oro, is a 1st class urbanized city in the Northern ...

• Work in Iloilo
    Work in Iloilo

Located in the Visayas region, Iloilo was given the title 'Queen City of the South' for being the ...

• Internship in the Philippines
    Internship in the Philippines

Nowadays, globalization has a particular meaning for young professionals who are about to complete their higher ...

All of the Philippines's guide articles