Anyone living in Corlu-Tekirdag-Edirne or Kirklareli?

Hi everyone,

My wife and I moved from Germany to Turkey last year. Although we are both Turkish, we had very little chance to meet new people. We see many expats in our area (Corlu) and we thought we could give it a try!

If there is anyone living near our area, (Corlu-Edirne or Thrace peninsula in general) we would love to organize something together and get to know new people.

Best wishes,

Ahmet

Hello,

I'm Canadian and my husband is Turkish. We just moved from Canada to Çorlu.

@H. Ahmet Yuce. @N.maria

hi , i am Algerian and my husband is turkish. We recently moved to Kırklareli with our 2 kids. We are looking for making new family friends around here 1f60c.svg

@H. Ahmet Yuce

Hi I will go there in May. I have my first look and see in two weeks. I will stay there two years. Maybe we can meet I have a lot of questions. My phone number is ***. Maybe we can talk

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Chahrota Hello, my African sister. Warm greetings to you and your family. I am also from African. Precisely from Nigeria, the west side of Africa. i am happy to see that there are foreigners like us living in this side of Turkey because i will be relocating to Kirklareli by October or November depending how early i get a good apartment. and also my current house contract will be expiring by September

Currently i am in Esenyurt Neighborhood of Istanbul. i have been living in Istanbul for almost 5years and i think i am done living here. My ikamet will be expiring by August, once i get it renew, then i will be relocating completely to Kirklareli. Although Corlu also looks tempting for me to move but when the time comes i am sure i will have the right choice.

One area of concern that i did like to ask is how is the ikamet renewal experience there for foreigners, i hope no much of rejection, i believe the situation over there in Kirklareli should not be as the rejection experience many foreigners faced in Istanbul.. please let me know if you have any info...i have been living with the normal touristic ikamet since 2020, i don't want to have a problem with renewing....lol 1f923.svg1f601.svg1f600.svg

Also how is the rental cost there is it on the high side as Istanbul or moderate,  will be needing a 1+1 apartment

Please lets keep building this thread, to keep ourselves up to date.

Extend my greetings to your entire family...hope to see and meet you guys soon, later in the year.

Cheers!!!

@Ana Herrero Pérez Dear Ana, I hope you will enjoy your time here. Of course I can help you with your questions, as best as I can.

I believe due to the website rules your phone number does not show in your comment. You can also reach me through my email address: ***

Wish you the best

Moderated by Cheryl last month
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello H. Ahmet Yuce,

Please note that contact details should not be poster on the forum.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team