Menu
Expat.com

DSO apartments

Last activity 06 September 2011 by Mistermix

dreamergirl

Hi everyone ,

I would like to ask about living in Dubai silicon oasis ? How comfortable are the 1BR apartments and studios there? How safe it is to live there? And about the rental costs ?

Looking forward to c some replies

Blesson V

Hi .. DSO is a quiet place to live as its away from city and flats are cheaper in rent .. transportation will be an issue if you don't have a car, to reach karama (nearest town) you need to spend AED:45/- for taxi, or 1.5hrs in Bus/Metro and no restaurants in the DSO (one under construction), but you can find some supermarkets (spinneys/choitram). you can find 1BR for AED: 35,000/- onwards (annual)

dreamergirl

Thanks for ur answer looks like I will have a hard time with the  transportation let's hope it will be comfi to live there :S

Blesson V

transportation will be issue only if you choose to travel daily to the city, but if you are working in DSO/Academic City there will be no issues and DSO will be the best place to live.

dreamergirl wrote:

Thanks for ur answer looks like I will have a hard time with the  transportation let's hope it will be comfi to live there :S

Mistermix

Hi DreamerGril,

DSO is a very quit place but i think you will need a car to go out and go to office it is far from there.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Dubai

• Accommodation in Dubai
    Accommodation in Dubai

One of the first things you will need to settle when relocating to Dubai is accommodation. If you are relocating ...

• Buying property in Dubai
    Buying property in Dubai

Dubai is like a drug; from the minute you step into the city as a tourist, the love affair starts. Within a short ...

• Choosing a neighbourhood in Dubai
    Choosing a neighbourhood in Dubai

Relocating to a new country and a new city is always tricky. The most important thing is to find the right ...

• Accommodation in the United Arab Emirates
    Accommodation in the United Arab Emirates

If you are moving to the United Arab Emirates, you will need to find accommodation. Many expatriates are ...

• Finding a job in Dubai
    Finding a job in Dubai

Home to 9 million expats, the UAE is a very popular relocation destination. If you are employed by a company in ...

• Study in Dubai
    Study in Dubai

Are you looking forward to studying in the United Arab Emirates? Dubai is a perfect choice, and the article below ...

• Relocating to the UAE
    Relocating to the UAE

Relocating to another country, especially to somewhere like the UAE, involves a lot of preparation. However, with ...

• Discover Dubai
    Discover Dubai

The UAE is a country with over 9 million expats — and this alone says a lot. Dubai is the country's most ...

All of Dubai's guide articles