Orange Card Visa

Hello everyone,

I was doing research about this since long time but cant find an information... I would be really happy if someone can help.

I have an orange card as applied for family reunification. I am waiting the decision for my F card. But as you know there is normally 6 month of waiting.

My question is, i have to travel to the Netherlands and normally I cant travel outside of Belgium with my orange card. Is it possible to ask a visa with orange card ? If i apply to Dutch embassy for a c-type touristic visa, do they issue for orange card holders ?

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers

@Clouderzzz The visa is only granted in extreme cases of Family Emergencies like death of close relatives or Business travel. Generally the ID check is carried out only when you fly to Non-EU countries.  My wife had the orange card and we have traveled multiple times within the EU by road or trains and never had a problem. Keep your passport handy as an ID.

Well,  if you don't have a valid visa (and only have orange card legalising your stay in Belgium) you are illegally entering a Schengen country when you cross the border. Even though the chance of border or identity control is small, I wouldn't risk it. For instance, if you are unfortunate and get yourself in an accident, it can give you big issues. I know its frustrating, imagine us, we literally live on the border and the many long months waiting for F card were challenging, but we didn't dare to risk anything now we made it this far. I don't think applying for a c-type of tourist visa is an option because in fact you are already in Schengen zone (you are not travelling to it), your expired visa status is legalised by the orange card. Wish you wisdom or/and good luck!

@Clouderzzz The visa is only granted in extreme cases of Family Emergencies like death of close relatives or Business travel. Generally the ID check is carried out only when you fly to Non-EU countries. My wife had the orange card and we have traveled multiple times within the EU by road or trains and never had a problem. Keep your passport handy as an ID.
-@John Mendez

This is very irresponsible and I would not recommend this to anyone. Your wife was illegally in these countries and this could have caused trouble in Belgium if it would have been discovered.

ID control unlikely but you never know...As in the post here before, imagine getting an accident or something. BIG BIG trouble.

@Rubenslash Yes exactly! I would never travel with only orange card. Thats impossible. I was just wondering if it was possible to apply for a visa from a schengen country in order to travel. Otherwise, of course no need to take risk