Restaurant recomendations in Saigon for wife's birthday

Wife's birthday is coming up and I would like to take her somewhere pretty cool and nice. Neither one of us are really up to date with cool new restaurants. Google maps searches and reviews seems to be a hit or miss and constantly disapointed using that. Seems like all the best places are known word of mouth or from locals posting on instagram or something. She is vietnamese but likes some western food as well. Something with good food but mostly a really cool place to take pictures.

Outlining what you want to spend may help.

also outline what type of food, drinks and atmosphere

@colinoscapee Probably dont want to spend more than $150 USD. Even that may be a bit high but doable.

@cougarcar20 No real preference on food. I think she cares more about something cool and different. Something on a rooftop would be cool or something like a garden type scene. Ive had really, really bad luck picking restaurants so I just give up and let her choose. Everything I find ends up being a complete bust. She keeps finding cool places that her friends mention and it just seems like you have to live here a while or know lots of people to find out whats in right now. To be honest she probably just wants a cool place to take birthday photos and food comes second. She isnt normally like that and happy to eat street food but ya know... birthday.

@jrharvey

Well, you could try "The Gangs" it's not on a rooftop but it is an open roof restaurant. It's a large BBQ place with good atmosphere. I go to the one in D1, but I also think they have one in D3.

Try this........https://local-insider.com/10-garden-restaurants-in-saigon/

@cougarcar20 No real preference on food. I think she cares more about something cool and different. Something on a rooftop would be cool or something like a garden type scene. Ive had really, really bad luck picking restaurants so I just give up and let her choose. Everything I find ends up being a complete bust. She keeps finding cool places that her friends mention and it just seems like you have to live here a while or know lots of people to find out whats in right now. To be honest she probably just wants a cool place to take birthday photos and food comes second. She isnt normally like that and happy to eat street food but ya know... birthday.
-@jrharvey

Sent you a couple of links to look at food also great place for photos

Wife's birthday is coming up and I would like to take her somewhere pretty cool and nice. Neither one of us are really up to date with cool new restaurants. Google maps searches and reviews seems to be a hit or miss and constantly disapointed using that. Seems like all the best places are known word of mouth or from locals posting on instagram or something. She is vietnamese but likes some western food as well. Something with good food but mostly a really cool place to take pictures.
-@jrharvey

Based on your additional comments, I think Instagram might be your best source for an idea.

Go on there and try a number of different search terms such as HCMC restaurants, Saigon restaurants, etc.

You should be able to find a place that really pops in the photos and has a lot of followers and likes.

Especially if many of the photos are selfies made by beautiful women who have tagged the restaurant.

Even if the food is terrible it sounds like that's what she's looking for on this occasion.

Thanks everyone for the help. It is very much appreciated. I think we came up with a good solution and used the help given in the forum. Im still new to LIVING in Saigon so its a very different experience than coming here as a visitor.