Moving to Malaga from North America. Easy to make friends?

I'm planning on moving to the Malaga area. I speak OK Spanish but I'm gonna learn more. I was wondering if anybody just offhand could say that it is easy to meet ex-pats there and make friends. It sounds like a simplistic question but I just wanted to see what the response was to that.

A. Spanish, in general, pretty friendly, relaxed and laid-back with siestas, sangria, and manana, man, manana.

B. Malaga, full (not literally) of expats, must be one of the highest expat populations in Spain.

C. Canadians, lovely people, salt of the earth, eh.

A + B + C = sounds promising! :-)

And over to ChatGPT, my new favorite techie plaything:

How easy for new member @linsaywv to meet ex-pats and make friends in Malaga?

Malaga is a popular destination for expats, so it can be relatively easy to meet other expats and make friends. There are several expat groups and organizations in Malaga that organize events and activities, such as language exchanges, cultural events, and sports clubs. These groups can be a great way to meet other expats who share similar interests.

In addition, many expats in Malaga frequent popular expat-friendly spots, such as Irish pubs, sports bars, and international restaurants. These places can be a good starting point for meeting new people.

Finally, joining local clubs or organizations can be a good way to meet both expats and locals who share similar interests. For example, if you enjoy hiking, you could join a local hiking club or group.

Overall, while it may take some effort to make new friends, there are many opportunities to meet other expats and make connections in Malaga.

And is Spain a good country compared to Canada?

It's difficult to compare Spain and Canada as they are both very different countries with unique cultures, histories, and social systems. Both countries have their own strengths and weaknesses and what makes one country "better" than the other largely depends on an individual's personal preferences and priorities.

Spain is known for its warm climate, rich culture, and relaxed lifestyle. It offers a vibrant social scene, delicious cuisine, and a strong emphasis on family and community. However, Spain can also be known for its high unemployment rates, low wages, and slower-paced bureaucracy.

Canada, on the other hand, is known for its quality of life, friendly people, and excellent social services. It offers universal healthcare, a strong education system, and a diverse and multicultural society. However, Canada can also be known for its harsh winters and high cost of living in some areas.

Ultimately, whether Spain or Canada is a better country largely depends on an individual's values and preferences. Both countries have their own unique advantages and disadvantages, and it's up to the individual to decide which one is the best fit for them.