Vehicle Road Tax

ROAD TAX FOR 23

ALL road tax here runs Jan to Dec, you can pay in blocks of 3,6 or 12 months…but everyone now has to have some sort of road tax paid for this year or risk a fine…the cut off date for this year is today 11/03/23 and I notice the police are already out in force checking cars for payments…

Is it right that jcc no longer doing car tax renewals and they have created a new site for taxing cars? Can you sorn through the site ?  Do you need to register on the site ?

There is a new web-based platform  designed  to supplement and enhance the road transport dept systems.

https://rtd.mcw.gov.cy/WebPhase1/gui/Co … sp?lang=en

Not sure if it's a replacement for the JCC portal for road tax renewal.. as I renewed mine in January...but when I tried to access via JCC it seems to only have the home button available.so I dont know if that's just because mine was renewed earlier than the introduction of the web based application..

Did a bit of digging on the JCC PORTAL and this announcement is there effective from 06/06/23

ROAD TAX RENEWALS

To view all governmental services, click here

The Road Transport Department of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works announces that, from 6.6.2023 at 11 noon, there will be no renewal of driving licenses from the JCC page.

Driving licenses will only be renewed from the Road Transport Department's online services page.

Thanks Toon  i guess i can still use from uk the same

I guess we must now register to do this and after trying a few times with various errors .. I gave up and will do it another time

@jonathonkennard sadly I can't say yes or no ... You will have to try it and see.  Let us know

It says driving licenses in the notice but it's in the JCC PORTAL for road tax renewals section.. as usual here terminology causing confusion.

Yes its a lil difficult to understand it all as i can gather I'm ok till end of june 23 then will need renew from then tried to register but won't seem to accept my driving licence number but did mansge to get to the page for just renewal

That's interesting my input problem was the ID couldn't be recognised ... . Passport and alien cert. Not recognised

You dont need to log in or register .. just click on "road tax renewal" then scroll down the page and enter the requested details

Thanks Toon 😊

Has anyone managed to register for an online account with the Road Traffic Department so that I can Declare my Car Off Road when I go back to UK and cancel my Car Tax please?

It starts encouragingly in English, but then goes to a Greek only section of online Services.