Acquiring Nationality while on deputation for a indian company

Hi ,

I wanted to clarify regarding a situation. I have my PR and the commune mentioned that I am eligible to apply for nationality.

If I apply and change my nationality from Indian(of course I will apply for OCI ) to Belgian, Will I still be able to continue with my Indian company ? the reason I ask this is because am still on deputation and not on the local contract of the Indian company although my social security is being paid here by the Indian company. Please throw some light on this.

Hi ,
I wanted to clarify regarding a situation. I have my PR and the commune mentioned that I am eligible to apply for nationality.
If I apply and change my nationality from Indian(of course I will apply for OCI ) to Belgian, Will I still be able to continue with my Indian company ? the reason I ask this is because am still on deputation and not on the local contract of the Indian company although my social security is being paid here by the Indian company. Please throw some light on this.
-@anonymous mister

you mention paying social security, have you paid any Belgian income tax?…I think it depends on your indian company as if it wishes to continue with you if you become Belgian… as being a Belgian, just as an Indian, you can work for whomever you want if that employer wants to employ you and nothing limit that…

I am not sure what nationality has to do here for working. As you have permanent residence you already have the full working rights as Belgians/Europeans living in Belgium.

Maybe a question for your company's HR?

@Peterjohn123 yes indeed Belgian tax is being paid. Is it true that you lose expat status when PR is acquired ?