Visa d processing timeline 2023

Hello everyone , when do you usualy get a response from the embassy after submission , currently on 3rd week and nothing , so anxious 😑

Hello everyone, I hope y'all day is starting so well, please I've submitted for my visa D since February 28th 2023 and my file has been sent to the FPS Home Affairs and I've been given a new file number and I've been using the number to track my file/application but nothing has come up. Is this normal???

yes, there are plenty of threads in this forum that explains this.

-@Aneesh How please???

-@Aneesh How please???

-@Spencer Gee Gold

How can I get to those threads that you claim are in here??

@Spencer Gee Gold i think it takes 3 to 6 weeks to track on dofi that is what i saw on the government page

-@Aneesh How please???

-@Spencer Gee Gold
-@Spencer Gee Gold

Hello Spencer,

Kindly consult the link below. You will find many topics dealing with Visa D. Feel free to have a look at them.

https://www.expat.com/en/searchresult/e … yY2g9MQ--/

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Tachelle McCarthy I applied for my Visa D on 13th March and the same thing as you happened to me. I also have no update from IBZ website since then.

-@Aneesh How please???

-@Spencer Gee Gold
-@Spencer Gee Gold
Hello Spencer,

Kindly consult the link below. You will find many topics dealing with Visa D. Feel free to have a look at them.
https://www.expat.com/en/searchresult/e … yY2g9MQ--/

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team
-@Yoginee

I checked but there are just only questions there and not a single solution

@Spencer Gee Gold i think it takes 3 to 6 weeks to track on dofi that is what i saw on the government page
-@Tachelle McCarthy

I applied on the 28th of February 2023 and I've not been able to track up till now, so I need to be worried?? Because I guess it's 6 weeks already

@Mahnoor Naseer i applied on 17th march i dont even know if my file is sent to  brussels or not , i havent heard anything since

@Spencer Gee Gold atleast yours is been sent to brussels , i think it takes time before it uploads they said on here on thw forum, with mine i havent even gotten email concerning if my file has been sent or not, it has been quite after application

@Spencer Gee Gold There is nothing much you can do, but wait. If you havent heard anything back in 120 days, then you can worry. But now my advice would be to wait patiently. They will contact you if they need more information.

@Tachelle McCarthy Yes. It is quite an interesting experience. But once you are here in Belgium you will find that most of the procedures are like this and takes its own time.

@arjunprasad2143 oh okay i applied last month and after it has been quite ever since , it is confusing when they say you should have a complete file so they can process it fast i guess it will teach us to be patient and be hopeful 🤞

@Spencer Gee Gold atleast yours is been sent to brussels , i think it takes time before it uploads they said on here on thw forum, with mine i havent even gotten email concerning if my file has been sent or not, it has been quite after application
-@Tachelle McCarthy

Thanks for your response, I guess waiting patiently is the only option but one thing I'm still confused of is that I heard that the general EU rule of law states that it shouldn't be more than 3 months for family reunion but on the Belgium site, they are still indicating “6 months”.

From what I learnt in the past, formerly, the waiting time for documentation was 2 years until couples revolted and complained about why they will get married and get separated from their spouses for a whole 2 years, and thus they limited the waiting time to 6 months and after some years, it was reduced to 3 months. Does this rule not apply to the kingdom of Belgium being the EU HQ????

please I stand to be corrected if I'm making a blunder or untrue statements

Regard

-@Tachelle McCarthy
Thanks for your response, I guess waiting patiently is the only option but one thing I'm still confused of is that I heard that the general EU rule of law states that it shouldn't be more than 3 months for family reunion but on the Belgium site, they are still indicating “6 months”.

From what I learnt in the past, formerly, the waiting time for documentation was 2 years until couples revolted and complained about why they will get married and get separated from their spouses for a whole 2 years, and thus they limited the waiting time to 6 months and after some years, it was reduced to 3 months. Does this rule not apply to the kingdom of Belgium being the EU HQ????

Regard
-@Spencer Gee Gold

I dont know about the 2 years in the past but on the goverment website it even says when you have a complete file it takes 15working days 😶, but i have seen on here with people with completed cases take like 5months etc , so i think they work in thier own timining  and this process will teach us to be patience  and hope for positive outcome

-@Tachelle McCarthy

Regard
-@Spencer Gee Gold
I dont know about the 2 years in the past but on the goverment website it even says when you have a complete file it takes 15working days 😶, but i have seen on here with people with completed cases take like 5months etc , so i think they work in thier own timining and this process will teach us to be patience and hope for positive outcome
-@Tachelle McCarthy

Okay thanks

-@Tachelle McCarthy

Regard
-@Spencer Gee Gold
I dont know about the 2 years in the past but on the goverment website it even says when you have a complete file it takes 15working days 😶, but i have seen on here with people with completed cases take like 5months etc , so i think they work in thier own timining and this process will teach us to be patience and hope for positive outcome
-@Tachelle McCarthy
Okay thanks
-@Spencer Gee Gold

You are welcome

-@Tachelle McCarthy

Regard
-@Spencer Gee Gold
-@Tachelle McCarthy
Okay thanks
-@Spencer Gee Gold

I also saw most cases takes 15 weeks  3months and some days