Finding a job in Mexico City

I am from London and want to move to Mexico City and was wondering is it best to try to find a job before i go or should i go for a few weeks to try and find a job and then come back to obtain a working visa once i have an offer (is this realistic?) I work in the Signs & Graphics industry and i am a director of a small business but think it is time to make a change in my life (i am a single 38 year old male). I am open to any type of job to get me on my feet in CDMX but just wondered if anyone had any advice on the best way to do this or their experience of moving to Mexico City. Also any advice of good websites to look for jobs would be welcome

@jonmorcs84

Finding a job in Mexico City is going to be challenging but not impossible. You'll need to find a company that has the authority to hire foreigners and can provide you with a work sponsorship and can indicate you have skills that a local cannot fulfill. Do you speak Spanish? Indeed has a Mexico site and you can start by looking there. PepsiCo is always hiring it feels like (although my neighbor just got laid off). Also salaries here are painfully low compared to other places. What is the motivation behind getting a job here rather than working remotely?

Hi.

I've been living in México City for the last 9 years & I'm a single 36 years old male originally from Mexico.

First of all I'll recommend to keep going as a freelance and work for companies & clients of developed countries (US, Canada, UK, Singapore, llHK & countries from EU).You can use a VPN and work on Fiverr.

Mexico has a corporate tax of 30% plus a Sales Tax of 16% so maybe it would be a good option to establish your tax profile in Jersey, Delaware, Panama, Belize, Bahamas or another region that offers tax benefits.

The main idea is to operate offshore depending on the origin of your clients.

A hint to consider is that in Mexico salaries are pretty low, and, for example, a graphic designer earns a monthly payment between $7,000 and $15,000 MXN before tax retention, but if you want to do it on that way you can look for a migration lawyer on Linkedin that helps you with your temporary working visa.

https://www.gob.mx/tramites/ficha/permi … ico/INM795

Another thing you can do is give English language lessons to Mexican citizens on Superprof.mx

Avg payment per hour is around $350 MXN.

Some tailor-made neighborhoods in Mexico City for foreigners and digital nomads are La Condesa & La Roma, where you can find apartments that has a monthly rent between $16K and $25K MXN.

In general terms they are safe places for foreigners.

You can first live on an Airbnb room /apartment and then you can consider renting a flat. Monthly rentals has stronger discounts against daily rentals.

Mobility in Mexico City, same as in every big metropolitan complex is easy. You can take Uber or use Metro (México Underground) which is only $5 Mexican pesos 1f600.svg

Food and FMCG are also super cheap in Mexico and there are a lot of touristic spots with low prices.

In general terms you can live comfy in Mexico City with $50-$80K MXN per month.

That means to pay a rent on the neighborhoods mentioned above, eat from time to time on restaurants and do travel & leisure activities inside the country.

Hope my advice have been useful.

Keep well and good luck with your new life stage.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for that bit of information. I will share it with my two adult single daughters.  They will be visiting me in Mexico,  I am considering retiring in SMA from CA Bay Area.  It is truly has become more and more expensive to live here.  It's difficult to admit this.  As a hairstylist, makeup artist, painter.  I have had a wonderful run with this trade.  All in service of self-care and aesthetics.  A universal trade.  Relocation requires much research, diligence, and patience. 

@drgresidency thank you for the reply. To be honest I hadn't considered working remotely, i suppose this is an option so definitely something I can look into, I just thought it may be easier to get a job in Mexico if I wanted to stay long term which is my plan. I speak Spanish to an intermediate level and can converse but would struggle if I had to try to have full detailed conversations.

@jonmorcs84 you can stay long term by qualifying for temporary residency via income and then work remotely. You don't need to have a work permit to obtain residency here. This is my area of expertise. You can apply for a temporary visa at the consulate that is renewable for up to four years, if you qualify on your current income.

@drgresidency thank you so much! That is really helpful I appreciate it

Mexico does not want workers here. It will be difficult for you to get a job here. It would be best to get the job then come here. The best would be to get a remote work job and then come. Mexico loves remote workers.

Goid luck.

@Abel Mahow how are you i saw your post I really want to relocate to Mexico can you tell me your details about how to do the right thing can you get in touch with me my email ***

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Beautyroshnie

Welcome to the forum.

Please do not post contact details here for reasons of personal safety.

This thread has been inactive for over a year now so feel free to open a new post.

Read other posts on the forum too for information as this subject has been covered numerous times.