Trying to get long term residence

Hi I have been living in Malta for 10 years I came to Malta when I was 17 years old I have been working  for 6 years when I came to Malta 2013 as a refugee immigrant I was granted subsidiary protection status which I still have it I pay tax 15 percent of my wage my friends that we came here in Malta together some are swedish citizens some are Germany Norway Ireland but me I still have hope from Malta but unfortunately I didn't even get long term residence which I'm eligible for i should be Maltese citizen in this time

Hi I have been living in Malta for 10 years I came to Malta when I was 17 years old I have been working for 6 years when I came to Malta 2013 as a refugee immigrant I was granted subsidiary protection status which I still have it I pay tax 15 percent of my wage my friends that we came here in Malta together some are swedish citizens some are Germany Norway Ireland but me I still have hope from Malta but unfortunately I didn't even get long term residence which I'm eligible for i should be Maltese citizen in this time
-@abdirashid284

Welcome to the Forum, you may be able to get residency but not citizenship.

The only way to receive it is if your ancestors came from here or if you have a lot of money.

Hi I have been living in Malta for 10 years I came to Malta when I was 17 years old I have been working for 6 years when I came to Malta 2013 as a refugee immigrant I was granted subsidiary protection status which I still have it I pay tax 15 percent of my wage my friends that we came here in Malta together some are swedish citizens some are Germany Norway Ireland but me I still have hope from Malta but unfortunately I didn't even get long term residence which I'm eligible for i should be Maltese citizen in this time
-@abdirashid284

Malta is different from other EU countries. However, here assimilation is appreciated too. This means when you know the Maltese language well, are being married to a Maltese woman and having been converted to the Roman catholic church your chances to get the Maltese passport will improve. Recently I read a woman from Nigeria got the Maltese passport after  being married to a Maltese man and living in this country for 28 years.

-@abdirashid284
Malta is different from other EU countries. However, here assimilation is appreciated too. This means when you know the Maltese language well, are being married to a Maltese woman and having been converted to the Roman catholic church your chances to get the Maltese passport will improve. Recently I read a woman from Nigeria got the Maltese passport after being married to a Maltese man and living in this country for 28 years.
-@hanselmar5

Or you have €600,000 to buy a passport.