Menu
Expat.com

Philippine Banks

Last activity 24 February 2024 by aklokow

Enzyte Bob
@Enzyte Bob i agree on wise ,there you get the best exchange rates and as far as i know the cheapest transfere costs.
greets Dirk
-@dirk.c.

I prefer worldremit bc I can receive the money into my account the same day.
-@OlivierDeCavite

So many good choices. . . Today on my transfer with Wise the exchange rate was P55.92

According to Wise 55% of transfers are done within 20 seconds unless you are from Nigeria or North Korea.

dirk.c.

@OlivierDeCavite with wise the transfere takes les than a few minutes (2-3 minutes ) and the money is in the acount.

dirk.c.

@OlivierDeCavite with wise the transfere takes only minutes (2-3 minutes) fast and easy and the best rates  also low cost .

dirk.c.

with wise it takes only minutes ,best rates and low cost (2-3 minutes)

Enzyte Bob

Today I used Wise to send $400 to my BDO account, the exchange rate was P56.14 to $1.

I'll give the details of the transfer:

(1) Sent $400 USD.

(2) ACH fee 52 Cents

(3) Wise fee $3.55

(4) Total Fees $4.07

Jackson4

The wife uses Sendwave. Money gets there quick, I was told, but with the time difference they collect the money the following day.

carefresh290

@PalawOne

Hi! I have a question. Can anyone here help me open a US bank account? I am Chinese, and my friend is Filipino. We would like to apply for a US bank account if possible. I will give a bonus to anyone who can assist us. Thank you!

Enzyte Bob

carefresh290 asked . . . . Hi! I have a question. Can anyone here help me open a US bank account? I am Chinese, and my friend is Filipino. We would like to apply for a US bank account if possible. I will give a bonus to anyone who can assist us. Thank you!

Go to the US, get a SS number for you & your friend.

mlapenna05

No offense but your request seems dodgy

Enzyte Bob

mlapenna05 . . . .No offense but your request seems dodgy

US banks require a SS number to open up a checking or savings account for various reasons other than taxes or money laundering.

jozica

@PalawOne
Hi! I have a question. Can anyone here help me open a US bank account? I am Chinese, and my friend is Filipino. We would like to apply for a US bank account if possible. I will give a bonus to anyone who can assist us. Thank you!

-@carefresh290

If you can't find a bank to help you then you found the Wong Foo King Bank.

Lotus Eater

@jozica

1f923.svg

aklokow

Gents again my bit of a penny worth. I opened HSBC PHP and USD account from Dubai, no problem  and transferring from HSBC Dubai to PH was free. Since I am here I opened more accounts for exapmple at Securit ban which offer 3.5 % interest PA on USD if I recall. Seabank offering 4.5% on daily balance, Pag IBIG MP2 with my wife which a good 5 year investment. GCash stocks and Crypto, and Maya time deposits, great vehicles for some growth of you money lying dormant.,

PNB, BPI is great and big banks but shitty interest on savings.

Anyway good luck and the best to your choices.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles