Process to Put CAjA membership on hold

I am trying to get reliable information on the process to put your CAjA membership on hold, if out of CR for an extended amount of time, at least 3 months. A couple of unreliable sources told me there is a process by providing advance notice to the CAjA. Upon return, you must prove that you were not in-country by presenting a document from migration showing the CR entry and exit dates.  Looking for a reliable source to advise me on the process, since out of the country 10 months a year, at least for the next couple of years. 

@patorisrl no need for anyone to reply I received an answer from my attorney's contact at CAjA.

if you have residency and not in CR for an extended amount of time (no definitive time given to me), you can go to CAjA and show your airline tickets (departing and returning)  or some other proof you were out of the country, you monthly CAjA payments for that period will be waived. I have friends that have told me a minimum of 3 months out of the country, but could be less, since CAjA contact did not specify any minimum time period.

Must it be a minimum of 3 consecutivemonths?

@patorisrl no need for anyone to reply I received an answer from my attorney's contact at CAjA. if you have residency and not in CR for an extended amount of time (no definitive time given to me), you can go to CAjA and show your airline tickets (departing and returning)  or some other proof you were out of the country, you monthly CAjA payments for that period will be waived. I have friends that have told me a minimum of 3 months out of the country, but could be less, since CAjA contact did not specify any minimum time period.         -@patorisrl

Not clear. Do you have to visit before your departure or upon you return to advise them? I am asking because if you didn't pay CAJA for a number of months CR won't let you in until you'll pay all outstanding months. Pura vida works quite well...

Apparently there is a form to complete from Immigration indicating you were out of Costa Rica. It needs to be brought to the CAJA office to erase the non-payments.  My lawyer is willing to do this for a fee but I'm sure the form is available somewhere online.  Does anyone know?