Family reunification

Hi all, My dependent Visa status changed to "Approval is granted upon additional docs" and they are asking for Rental documents to be submitted in person at the VFS center @India.

Applied date- Sep4 2023

Registered date- Sep26 2023.

STatus changed - Feb 5 2024

Congratulations, are you a non EU?

@ugwujaukamaka406 Yes , from India

@ugwujaukamaka406 yes got an email from the embassy concerning this

@ugwujaukamaka406 thank you

@Izca thank you.

Indeed all the cases are different and they handle it accordingly. Waiting and the suspense is hard for everybody, but it will be over. Once you are reunited with your family, all will be good 🙂

Hi.. any update on october files of non eu citizens?

Hi.. Any updates on Oct files?

@dhpsrn31 I pray you get your positive answer soon, I guess you are the only Oct non EU file in expert here, me I am EU and i submitted on November 14, patiently waiting for positive reply too

I am happy to share that we have got our visa for october submission yesterday        -@Poolnoodle

@dhpsrn31 On early January someone from non-Eu (India) already got visa for his wife approved.

He moved to Belgium around April 2023, and his wife applied on 9 October, and they got their family reunification visa on 5 January.

But now it seems the embassy is back to early September files for non-EU. Its so confusing how they works.

So I guess for now any files applied at September to November could get approved anytime.

So lets be patient and keep good wishes.

Yeah hoping for the best.. At least it looks like they are processing the oct files

Hi all.

Anyone got good news this week? Please kindly share if anyone got any.

Have a great weekend!

Nope.. Fingers crossed

Dear expats living in Belgium:

I am an expat living in Belgium and I have European citizenship (Dutch). My elderly parents living outside EU need my support and fully depend on me. Is it possible to bring them to Belgium to live with me and what kind of visa or procedure is required?

Thanks for any hint and help.

Br, Deperado1982

Hi everyone! I have a bit of a unique situation and wondering if anyone has a similar experience. My husband and I moved to Belgium last August, me on a single permit for work and him on a student visa. We would like to submit for a change of status as family reunification for my husband, because it would give him better rights for working and won't need to renew his residency as often. Does anybody know if the procedure is any different since he already has residency? Will there be issues with the proof of income since he is a student? I know the income requirements are usually higher for student dependents, I'm just not sure how this works. Thanks in advance!

Hello Everyone,

My spouse  visa status has changed after 3  months.

Status - Granting of visa upon production of additional documents.

Visa application date:    Nov 6 2023

Date of registration: Nov 18 2023

Status Changed on - Feb 16

I  don't know if this is  good news or not.

Any one had similar sitation and what documents have they asked generally ?

@MRamkumar a very good news dear, congratulations!! So good to know they are on November files, just provide the said additional documents then u are good to go

@MRamkumar

Congratulations!

Thats such a good news, especially considering you are a non-EU.

That means they already reach November files. So I guess anyone from September - November can get their visa issued anytime now.

Finger crossed.

@divsvie

Hi, I have the same case. Applied together in Nov 2023, hoping visa would be approved for both at a time.

But, while mine was approved, my spouse file was sent to FPS by Consulate. And after 3months i got an update “Granting VISA upon providing Additional Docs” - and waiting for a mail with more details to arrive.

whats your case and time line ? When do your status change ?

@MRamkumar so even after applying together , files do get sent to immigration office 🥲. Which date did you apply at vfs and when was it registered at dofi?

Hi all.

Anyone got experience on applying family reunification with co-housing contract?

I just read someone who applied for visa D asked to prove that they live in the rented property by themselves (not co-housing).

This worries me since I live in a co-housing property too. The contract I submitted already explain the situation of our co-housing (I occupy the ground floor, other will occupy the upper floors). But I'm afraid the embassy will see this as a problem and I cant move out since the contract is for one year.

@mj22manish

Yup, I'm applying dor first time and it happened in my case.

Nov6 - Submitted application at VFS

Nov 10 -Sent to FPS on Submitting extra docs

Nov 18 - Registered in Dofi

Feb 16 - Additional docs requested by FPS

I just checked in ibz website this morning, my visa got approved yesterday 19th February 2023. No additional documents asked. 

Date of application -14 November 2023. 

Registered on 22 December 2023

Approved on 19th February 2024.

Good luck guys

@MRamkumar

Congrats how much watch you're net salary per month when you applied?

@Nayan Lama my husband salary is 2500 per month, he sent me 10 months of his salary slip, he sent his work contract too, then one extra loan salary paid on June too, then his bank statements. I also submitted the proof that he lives alone

@ugwujaukamaka406 did you provide registered rent agreement at the first submission itself?

@mj22manish yes I did, I put it in front of my husband house contract, and stabled it together

@ugwujaukamaka406 is your husband Eu citizen ?

@agahozo2madine yes he is

@agahozo2madine when was your doc sent to Fps and how long did it take to be sent to Fps what was the status after cause mine says tha in process

@agahozo2madine I submitted my application on 14th November 2023, my documents was sent to fbi on 17th November, the immigration office registered it on 22 December, then I got my approval on 19th January 2024

@ugwujaukamaka406 FPS*

@ugwujaukamaka406 so you already got your passport ?

@agahozo2madine not yet, I just checked my dashboard and I saw it has been approved, the status changed from behandling to accord yesterday, and they showed when the visa was approved,the date they wrote was on 19 February. Hopefully I will get my passport next week

@ugwujaukamaka406 congratulations dear update me whe you get your passport 😍

Hello ,  anyone on a single permit changing to family reunification with a refugee holding  card A ( 5 years ) ? thank you🙏🏻

Hello, does all family reunion visa pass though the immigration office?

Hi, anyone applied in December and got any updates? Please let me know..

@Ts4b6 when did you apply and when was it registered at dofi?

@mj22manish

I applied on December 5th, additional documents submitted on dec 8th, registered at dofi on Jan 12th