Family reunification

@Izca did they ask you for additional documents as well previously?

I'm searching house to buy just this question stopped me and thinking alot I'm already with one of my gf the second one is not here my children from second gf want thier mother and my second gf children are with me here in belgium

Help me please so I can go ahead

@armanakhunzada66

I might be wrong but as far as I know Belgium dont accept non-monogamy relationship.

Which means if you already became a sponsor of one of your gf, I think you cant be the sponsor of the other.

@Izca

I will not be thier sponsor they will be thier own one of my gf she is owner of a company and second one her children will bring her to Belgium

Got an update from a friend.

He applied on 23 October and yesterday (19 March) he got his accord for his family.

Its very good to hear news again because its been weeks since I hear any update of Visa D.

Lets hope all of us can get our accord soon.

@Izca Thank you for sharing.. My day started with good sign today.. 😊😊

@Izca Thanks for the information.

Did your friend received any requests for submitting additional documents. If so, when did he receive the request.

Could you please share me.

Thanks.

@pradap27

Yes, the immigration office asked for rent registration on MyMinFin.

But I forgot to ask on the details of when he got the request and how long he got the accord after he submitted the additional docs.

@Izca Thanks for the Update.

Hi all,

There is an update on my dofi page that decision date(Datum beslissing/Status Dossier) is added as 21/03/2024. Yet, the Beslissing/Status Dossier is still "In behandeling." Why do they add decision date without updating the decision? any idea?

Note: I am currently in Belgium and the application is for a family reunion visa.

@Sa.al.mo

Hi, i suggest you call/email the immigration office if until monday afternood your status still hasnt change.

I tried emailing them last week and they replied within 2 days.

If I may know, when was your application date? And are you from EU or non-EU?

@Izca

Thank you for the suggestion. I will do as advised. I'm a non-EU and applied 02/10/2023.

@Sa.al.mo

Hi, hows your visa? I hope everything went well.

@Izca

Hi, thank you for asking back. They updated the status with “visa granted upon submission of additional documents." Then the embassy contacted me for additional document. I have submitted today.

@Sa.al.mo wao congratulations

Hi. Anyone got good news this week?

@Izca mine is still in processing and i applied on 23 january  still waiting my partner is an eu citizen

@agahozo2madine hello,  please when did it show in processing?  And please do any one have an idea how long it takes from it to change from it processing to decision?

Application: 27 November

Registered on IBZ: 11 January

Still no response

We are both non-EU

Hopefully, I will update when we receive acceptance.

Is there anyone knows that an approximate waiting time for the same situation? Or what about the applicants applied late 2023 like us, did you received a reply yet?

@seusa

I guess two of them posted in February saying they got their approval. One applied on Nov 6th and other on 14th...

some of them who applied in November did not get approval yet..

I applied on dec 5th and on 12th Jan, file got registered in website..

Hope you get it soon..

@seusa

For non-EU it usually takes 4,5 to 6 months.

I applied on 10 Nov and still waiting. Could be any day.

@seusa were you asked for an additional document? Because it seems when you are asked it externs your results time

hi @pradap2,

can i ask you the steps you did to apply for family reunification for your daughter? Coz we also plan to bring my child in belgium not sure with the process, are you familiar with the lease aggreement?

@saberonmarvielyn If you have applied for the spouse then, its the same process and same type of documents need to be submitted for the baby also. We need to have registered rental agreement of the house which you are staying. In my case the house broker did the registration. Otherwise you can contact the commune office, whether they could provide the registered rental agreement.

@dhpsrn31

Hi, any good news from u?

@Izca

Hi .. still in the same behandeling status.. How about you? is there anyone who applied in october month still waiting?

@Izca did you get your visa approval

@Hunny Bini

Still not yet.

Its almost 5 months for me.

The immigration office works really slow in the last few weeks. Very few good news.

@Izca soon you will get a news .. best of luck 😀

status check

application  23/1/2024

Fps 28/2/2024

visa approved  on 02/4/2024

already in belgium

good luck Guys

@agahozo2madine congratulations 🎊

@agahozo2madine when I see approval for late January I'm happy cus I applied 1st of February  do my time is soon .

@Sa.al.mo Hi, May I know what was the additional document embassy asked?

I submitted my application last January 31, 2024 and I haven't receive any update since then.  I don't even know whether it  was submitted to FPS or not. It has been 10 weeks and I don't know the status of it. For the past two months, I have been successfully tracking the status of my application online through VFS Tracking website. However, in the last few days, I started receiving an "invalid input" error prompt when I tried to track it.

I sent multiple emails to the embassy but I didn't get any reply from them. I also tried calling them but the person I talked to doesn't help at all since they just give the general information you can find in the internet.

@bellacabs1996 are you an EU or a non EU, if u are non EU then please relax it takes time  for them to work on Ur files and approve it, most cases are due to some additional documents if your file needs one, and for not getting any mail concerning your application send an email to the embassy in your country, request for your visa application number, you tell them your name, your VFS reference number and the date you submitted your application. This will enable you track Ur file in fbs website . Good luck

@ugwujaukamaka406 Hello! I'm an EU spouse. :)

@bellacabs1996 it is not yet late, mine stayed 3 months and 2 weeks, my hubby is EU too. Just send a mail to the embassy in your country for them to give you your visa application number,then you can track the progress in FBI website. Best of luck

@bellacabs1996 and I was not asked. For additional documents because I provided all that was required during my submission too, so when they request for additional documents or interview then urs might take longer to be approved

Hi all,

Got my accord..

Visa application date -5th dec

Registered date - 12th Jan

Decision date - 9th April

My spouse is non EU

@Ts4b6 Congratulations. one question, did you apply from any country in the EU? or outside of the EU? Thank you.

I have heard that applying within Europe reduce significantly the process time, not sure about this.