Doctor salary in private hospital

Dear expats, I`ll have an interview with a Saudi's private hospital in 7 days, I'm from France working in Spain.

I would like to know wich is the average salary for an consultant general surgeon ?

Private hospitals use the same salary Scale of MOH?

Can I ask for incentive scheme?

Yes, you can ask what you're ideally looking for as they will match it if the position is needed urgently to be filled in. Please do ask for all benefits such as family visa, tickets, schooling, incentives and so on.

Am in healthcare management. Private hospitals don't follow the MOH scale.

Second, the salary and / or incentives will vary greatly between hospitals and on top, it really depends on the doctor reptutation i.e. if you bring a lot of business to the hospital, your chances of getting incentives or even a profit share are high. However, for expat doctors (especially the ones who don't speak Arabic), there is very little chance of that as the patient demand for you won't be high in Saudi.  UNLESS you are in a hard to fill (few doctors practicing it) speciality or are a well known name or lend credibility (for certain fields where expats are seen as more credible e.g. cosmetology or psych etc).

Many thanks for your answers, Xtang as you said I don't speak Arabic, then I think that they will offer a standard salary.

I'll ask for a basic salary+ perks+ incentives. I don't know the average salary for a consultant surgeon.

I'll send a message with the offer.

Many thanks expats.

@doclove Another option is to get paid on a case basis...once patient number increases you'd be making more that a fixed salary scheme

@XTang I disagree a bit on this - As he is a surgeon language will not that much of an issue compared to his skills in the OT. He will get good inflow of patients...

@Ali_N: The thing is, I see this every single day across all of our hospitals (10+ hospitals with thousands of beds). 

The overwhelming majority of patients are Saudi or arab speakers. A lot of them want comfort from their surgeon (for most patients, surgery is a terrifying process) and an explanation of what is going to happen. A huge majority don't speak any English.  Also the term is consultant surgeon so I am assuming he is a into general surgery (as he didn't list a speciality)............that is where a lot of patients end up for minor procedures or electives e.g. if you have an abcess that needs to be drained, you would be referred to a general surgeon.

Second, there are many many Saudi surgeons who have qualified from US or Canada. So the patients have a lot of choice. An interesting fact is that in the field of healthcare, we don't have a shortage of Saudi local physicians or paramedics. The only real shortage in healthcare is for nurses which are predominantly expats.  This is because, for most Saudis, doing engineering or medical is a prestige point and a lot of them go into this field.

Your point is only really applicable if he is into very specialized surgery which is hard to find in the market. In which case, patients don't have much of a choice. But I don't know if this is the case for him. And I am also talking from the perspective of the hospitals........yes, I will pay him higher if my business primarily caters to western expats or generally affluent expats but then again, even as a proportion of the business, it would be in low single digits.........even for Sulaiman Habib.

@doclove: Also, keep in mind that you will only get a case for case basis if you are a part timer i.e. working full time somewhere else and then giving sometime to another hospital. If I was the employer and hiring you full time, I will not give you case by case basis UNLESS the points that I listed before, are applicable.

Many thaks for your help¡¡

I had the interview and they gave an offer, It wasn't the amount that I was expecting but It was a good offer.

I signed this first offer and now I have to validate my experience and certificates. After that I'll do an exam of my speciality.

In my offer one part of my salary will be a minimum guaranteed incentive,but they didn't tell me the conditions to acomplish to get more money.  Do you know if these details will be in my definitive contract.

One of the perks was a villa for me and my family, but my family will arrive few month later, Will there are any problem with this?

Many thanks for your help

1f600.svg

@doclove Get all details beforehand so that later it does not get re negotiated.

The family can arrive at their ease once you've settled in...

Welcome to the Kingdom!

@doclove

Consultant surgeon salary is depended on the reputation, specialty, experience ....etc

Minimum salary starts from 30k SR upto 70k SR and  based on agreement type 10-14% commission is given  after deducting the direct expenses  of his clinic.

Note : Some owners/companies offer win win or 50-50 income and expense share

and some sub specialty like, plastic surgery, dermatology and with laser experience enjoyed better payment.

I hope you all the best and you are most welcome in the Kingdom.

I am expertise in

Dataflow verification

SMLE process (Saudi Commission site Mumaris Plus document upload...etc)

Study materials

CME courses

Malpractice insurance

Medical A grade garments in factory price.

Study Materials

Note : Your license in mandatory to practive in KSA.

@doclove hello doc…I am attending a short listing process for anaesthetist and husband for surgeon vacancy to Saudi via moh. Can u tell me is it worth going to Ksa?

@Jasmin000

Sorry but I'm not there yet, Im doing all the process to get the certification.